project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
17 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2017, 01:55 AM   #11
Jacksonez__

Jacksonez__'s Avatar
Default Re: Remove the arming time on rifleman's AP detonator

Very niche kit. I'd rather use AR/MG/HMG for chokepoints I remember that devs were about to add RPG-7 with thermobaric warhead to russian ap-rifleman kit?

Jacksonez__ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 06:30 AM   #12
DogACTUAL

DogACTUAL's Avatar
Default Re: Remove the arming time on rifleman's AP detonator

Thermobaric warhead (and fragmentation warhead) were put on ice.
DogACTUAL is offline
Last edited by DogACTUAL; 09-26-2017 at 06:43 AM..
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 07:55 AM   #13
inb4banned
Default Re: Remove the arming time on rifleman's AP detonator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFG View Post
I mean, claymores are really strong, they have a super large blast radius. When they are used right they can be really powerful. I think making them easier will make them a pain in the ass to deal with for everyone.
e.g.
5x the effort for a single kill...
inb4banned is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 08:36 AM   #14
Vista
Default Re: Remove the arming time on rifleman's AP detonator

IMO the most fair way of making the kit balanced/useful is by making the claymores detonate automatically when people walk closely in front of them, but make the kit's avalability the same as a HAT or Sniper.

Also limit the maximum of claymores you can deploy by 2.
Vista is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 09:54 AM   #15
M42 Zwilling
Retired PR Developer

M42 Zwilling's Avatar
Default Re: Remove the arming time on rifleman's AP detonator

Quote:
Originally Posted by inb4banned View Post
5x the effort for a single kill...
That was at least 2-3 kills. I was setting it up to kill the squad on the other side of the riverbed when one happened to run up to my bush, but I heard at least one more scream and die on the other side. The blast range makes them pretty hilarious on Ia Drang. They ignore the foliage and can delete a bunch players hiding in a section of bushes at once.



"How many posts have there been about how much better PR was back in 0.X? The fact is that if we played the older versions we would start to remember the shortcomings, but we tend to hold onto the good memories tighter than the bad ones." - Murphy
M42 Zwilling is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 12:17 PM   #16
fecht_niko
Banned
Default Re: Remove the arming time on rifleman's AP detonator

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]M42 Zwilling View Post
That was at least 2-3 kills. I was setting it up to kill the squad on the other side of the riverbed when one happened to run up to my bush, but I heard at least one more scream and die on the other side. The blast range makes them pretty hilarious on Ia Drang. They ignore the foliage and can delete a bunch players hiding in a section of bushes at once.
I'm pretty sure that your M14 was way more OP than this 1-2kills...

Looking forward to some: "Hello this is FFG/Zwilling and today I'll show you how to" vids.

Cheers,

The Chicken
fecht_niko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 12:38 PM   #17
M42 Zwilling
Retired PR Developer

M42 Zwilling's Avatar
Default Re: Remove the arming time on rifleman's AP detonator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecht_niko View Post
Looking forward to some: "Hello this is FFG/Zwilling and today I'll show you how to" vids.
Glad to hear it, maybe we could even do a collab so you can show us how to win a tournament



"How many posts have there been about how much better PR was back in 0.X? The fact is that if we played the older versions we would start to remember the shortcomings, but we tend to hold onto the good memories tighter than the bad ones." - Murphy
M42 Zwilling is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 02:50 PM   #18
Vista
Default Re: Remove the arming time on rifleman's AP detonator

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]M42 Zwilling View Post
Glad to hear it, maybe we could even do a collab so you can show us how to win a tournament
But to do a collab you need to get the balls to participate first
Vista is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 05:28 PM   #19
M42 Zwilling
Retired PR Developer

M42 Zwilling's Avatar
Default Re: Remove the arming time on rifleman's AP detonator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vista View Post
But to do a collab you need to get the balls to participate first
Nah, TZ doesn't have fun unless we're winning, so there's no point until you teach us how to git gud. We try not to overstate ourselves when we don't have the skill to back it up, that can be pretty embarrassing



"How many posts have there been about how much better PR was back in 0.X? The fact is that if we played the older versions we would start to remember the shortcomings, but we tend to hold onto the good memories tighter than the bad ones." - Murphy
M42 Zwilling is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 07:37 PM   #20
Vista
Default Re: Remove the arming time on rifleman's AP detonator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vista View Post
IMO the most fair way of making the kit balanced/useful is by making the claymores detonate automatically when people walk closely in front of them, but make the kit's avalability the same as a HAT or Sniper.

Also limit the maximum of claymores you can deploy by 2.
Any thoughts on this? I think it's a fair proposition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]M42 Zwilling View Post
Nah, TZ doesn't have fun unless we're winning, so there's no point until you teach us how to git gud. We try not to overstate ourselves when we don't have the skill to back it up, that can be pretty embarrassing
Thanks for being honest, I apprectiate it.
Vista is offline Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
arming, detonator, remove, rifleman, time
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:59 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin. ©vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All Content Copyright ©2004 - 2015, Project Reality.