project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Sep 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2017, 06:54 AM   #21
Frontliner
Default Re: Mark DoD on ingame map

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]rPoXoTauJIo View Post
Allow fire out of bases, disallow into. People will stay away from bases themself.
I'm sorry, but no. Allowing players to go ham on people and equipment right outside of main bases only leads to AIDS camping the enemy main for cheap and easy kills, trans assets being a good example. What exactly prevents me to roll up with a BMP towards the US main on Khami and blow up everything that drives, moves or flies the moment they are outside of the HESCOs? And before you say "But duh, Frontliner, the BMP will get killed by the tanks", well, how exactly is that going to help if the tanks are dead? Or if they haven't spawned yet? Or if I do this with 3 T-72s instead of a BMP? What do you do then?

I personally believe this issue can only be solved by forcing people to play fair.

ArkUTD: Do note this issue was resolved by the admin team and mats, thus this was closed
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.

Mats391: https://i.redd.it/2e7is1ynbkjz.jpg
Mats391 good to see someone is making a profit of PR patches
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:17 AM   #22
[R-CON]LiamBai
PR Tournament Admin
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksonez__ View Post
Is it possible to script no damage if you shoot in DoD or no damage if you shoot from DoD?
Not really, no.

[R-CON]LiamBai is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 04:11 PM   #23
bahiakof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksonez__ View Post
Is it possible to script no damage if you shoot in DoD or no damage if you shoot from DoD?
If it were possible to implement BOTs as sentinels of the main base to contain the invaders, so can remove the DOD from some maps.

"OFFTOPIC".

bahiakof is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 07:35 PM   #24
Jabil_One

My 2cent's

One reason why i dont like playing pavlosk bay. This "Dont shoot in/out of DOD" rule break the gameplay of this map and maybe others too.

Changing this rules would end in baserape and would break other maps gameplay.

Allowing fire in and out of DoD's but not in mainbases would only help, when it would be visible to the players what area count as DOD (and here is the problem) and what area count as mainbase (here, i see no problem).

Could we have atleast a visible coloured outlined mainbase area?
Mainbases are still in the same spot on each layer or are there some maps where the places of mainbases drastically changed?

Edit: Forget this, wasn't thinking about the skirmish layers.

Edit2: Ok shitty funny idea. Can you spawn something in mainbase with a big minimap icon that represents the mainbase area? Like a ring? Every mainbase doesn't matter which layer could spawn it.
Last edited by Jabil_One; 09-13-2017 at 07:57 PM..
Old 09-16-2017, 03:30 PM   #25
WeeGeez
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bzdziuchanson View Post
How about marking the DoD on the map you use ingame?
I don't think its necessary. waste of time .

Petition to bring back the 0.95 main menu music -- Concise guide to playing as civilian (crucial info the manual lacks)
WeeGeez is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
dod, ingame, map, mark