project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
22 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2017, 01:22 PM   #11
mectus11
PR Server License Moderator

Default Re: MLRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergioSA View Post
Have u ever wondered why there are no mortar squads in almost every game? It is a pain in the ass to get all set up.
I've seen a lot of mortar squads in almost every game, depending on the map. If it's an open forested map, you'll see a mortar squad.

If it's an urban map with lots of cover, you won't see a lot of mortar squad during those rounds.

It's easy to setup, one logi, two crates, a fob, two mortar pits to dig and you're set. You need to run supplies back and forth and possibly have one guy re-arming with ammo but that's part of doing mortars that it's tedious like that and not overly simplified.

I don't see the point of having a third choice, Area Attacks are fine as they are, they can be big game changers at times.

mectus11 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 03:45 PM   #12
QuickLoad

the closest thing I see to this is the insurgents having a 'rocket pit' instead of a mortar pit, where they can use artillery which is more inaccurate however more devestating than standard 81mm HE.

also it'd be long to reload, and only 1 per team, but again this is hte closest thing I can think of to a realistic(of our map sizes) MLRS, aside from the rocket technical.
edit: like an ebelwerfer
QuickLoad is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 03:59 PM   #13
[R-DEV]Glimmerman
PR:BF2 Dutch Forces Lead
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]Glimmerman Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]Glimmerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickLoad View Post
the closest thing I see to this is the insurgents having a 'rocket pit' instead of a mortar pit, where they can use artillery which is more inaccurate however more devestating than standard 81mm HE.

also it'd be long to reload, and only 1 per team, but again this is hte closest thing I can think of to a realistic(of our map sizes) MLRS, aside from the rocket technical.
edit: like an ebelwerfer
a rocket pit where they could fire 107mm rockets one at a time would be cool, I doubt if its really effective though

[R-DEV]Glimmerman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 01:04 AM   #14
Captain Fubar

If it was low HE rocket artillery with no respawn I'd say +support but if it was an atacms or buratino then god no

Yep and that's an enemy jet coming up above us dropping bombs, we're dead, we are de-
Captain Fubar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 03:30 AM   #15
[R-DEV]rPoXoTauJIo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]rPoXoTauJIo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Fubar View Post
...or buratino then god no
I think it would be pretty good.

[R-DEV]rPoXoTauJIo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 12:01 PM   #16
bahiakof

Everything will depend on how this type of mobile artillery would be adapted to the BF2 engine.
Perhaps implementing it with the need for a bureaucratic teamwork (Commander -> Squad Leader -> Squad Member), can leave him balanced.

bahiakof is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 02:42 PM   #17
QuickLoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Glimmerman View Post
a rocket pit where they could fire 107mm rockets one at a time would be cool
i like it. it's like those sprocket mortars and many types of rocket arty in general, they are inaccurate and their efficiency is questionable, however when they hit they **** shit up
Old 09-02-2017, 09:57 PM   #18
QuickLoad

here I was playing RS2 during it's freeweekend and found this:

I don't know what it is, because I tried doing some research the other day and couldn't find naything of it or close to it in the NVA/VC's arsenel.

But I think it would make more sense for it to be an emplacement than placing a rocket on a mound of dirt and calling it an emplacement :P

ps. it's the only game where you can be a radioman and run a Rear Echelon squad following the cmdr around, but no one but myself does it.
Old 09-08-2017, 08:58 AM   #19
Menuen

Quote:
This is an katyusha rocket. Its placed like a mortar becouse, it's hard to move with truck's through the Jungle
Menuen is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 04:33 PM   #20
anantdeathhawk

Quote:
Looks like the rockets ISIS uses.
anantdeathhawk is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
mlrs