project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2016, 12:20 PM   #21
Fir3w411

Default Re: Hide (or delay) scoreboard

Nothing is broken, so why are we looking for ways to change stuff?

It's fine the way it is.

"Sometimes you just gotta use torture tactics."
Fir3w411 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 12:35 PM   #22
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Just because something isn't broken doesn't mean it can't be improved.

Imagine if that was the attitude by devs when doing changes in this game: "There's nothing WRONG with this map, that means it can't be improved."

So far I have not seen a single counter-argument to OP, other than "It's fine."

EDIT: I must have missed the comment on hacking...

Last edited by sweedensniiperr; 05-31-2016 at 04:53 AM..
Old 05-26-2016, 01:59 PM   #23
mries
Supporting Member

Is it maybe possible/an idea to block the kill/deaths of the enemy team.
So you can only see your own score and that of your teammembers?

After all, you would not know if your enemy confirmed their kills/deaths. Maybe does not add any extra or disadventage but makes it a bit more ''realistic'' and a more simple, less detailed score board.

mries is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 06:45 AM   #24
Jacksonez__

I'm positively sure they can confirm kills in real life if they need to. High-priority target? I'm 100% sure they confirm it has been destroyed or killed by UAV or special forces or any by any means. If conventional forces need intel on casualties, they will get them. Of course, the estimates can be vague but they still show how it effected the enemy.

This is a damn game. I'm here to have fun and I'm not looking for 1:1 military experience here. I think we should add vehicle fuel, malfunctions, batteries for radio phones, food and water, realistic time battles and missions (12 h+), one-life-only, realistic times of mission planning since hell who can fight a battle after ~1 min brief?

We can continue this ridiculous list.

Jacksonez__ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 07:31 AM   #25
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksonez__ View Post
I think we should add vehicle fuel, malfunctions, batteries for radio phones, food and water, realistic time battles and missions (12 h+), one-life-only, realistic times of mission planning since hell who can fight a battle after ~1 min brief?
Yeah, nice slippery slope there.

But you do bring up a good point that I didn't think about. Confirming kills.

Makes me sad that we'll never have this in PR: Confirming long range kills how? But closer up kills can be confirmed.

And also making players dead with a knife...

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 08:32 AM   #26
paragonid

Suggestion is not about making game realistic, it's about making game less arcade-ish and more hardcore.
Ridiculously realistic is Russians not having shotguns. When I play the game, I don't want to watch scoreboard all the time, but I have to, otherwise I'm in disadvantage compared to people who do.

If it can be done it 100% can be done optional, so different servers can decide what they like more.
"Insurgency", ever heard of the game? Such thing is implemented there, you can see scoreboard only being at spawn point. Amazing, but harder to implement. Devs?
paragonid is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 08:45 AM   #27
Jacksonez__

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragonid View Post
Suggestion is not about making game realistic, it's about making game less arcade-ish and more hardcore.
Ridiculously realistic is Russians not having shotguns. When I play the game, I don't want to watch scoreboard all the time, but I have to, otherwise I'm in disadvantage compared to people who do.

If it can be done it 100% can be done optional, so different servers can decide what they like more.
"Insurgency", ever heard of the game? Such thing is implemented there, you can see scoreboard only being at spawn point. Amazing, but harder to implement. Devs?
Nice idea, to be honest. You die and you get to check scores at main spawn, why not. But I guess the lovely Python will say "nooooo" to this.

Jacksonez__ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 09:12 AM   #28
Rabbit

Leave it, with the current medical system the way it is, it is very important to know if you wiped a squad or not.

Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 02:27 PM   #29
MoulinKiller

im pro removing kill count for individual player, also removing ingame maps for normal grunts seems cool. Could make the game interesting again.

[R-CON] Potatochan: I tried to eat ice cream, but it was too hard. Now i bend my spoon.
MoulinKiller is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 03:57 PM   #30
Wing Walker

How did this make it to the suggestion board?

Just my vague memory can recall conversations like this without searching...

Nothing the OP said has any significant negative effect on the game. Most results of having it are positive.

No one here has specifically stated why they think the score board's effect is functionally negative, just that it "feels" arcade like.
Wing Walker is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
delay, hide, scoreboard