project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
28 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2005, 01:08 AM   #1
OverwatchX
Supporting Member

Default Realisitic Reloading Idea

I'd like to see a way to add in random weapon reloading times depending on in game factors such as fatigue, health, or movement speed.

This would manifest itself in an occasional sloppy magazine reload (longer reload time with animation) or, in extreme cases, a dropped magazine (failed reload).
OverwatchX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 09:26 AM   #2
Ugly Duck

Might be handy. It's certainly understandable that certain guns either be very hard to reload, or in some cases not reloadable while moving. Things like MGs and Rocket Launchers should only be able to be reloaded when not moving. From there on, I'd think the smaller it gets the easier it is to reload moving or fatigued. Maybe occasional excepsions for odd shaped magazines, like the one with the big tube on top(forgot the name).
Ugly Duck is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 10:17 AM   #3
Wolfmaster
Retired PR Developer

sounds cool, but i don´t think dropping magazines should be in, at least not as in losing them. i mean, irl you´d just pick them up, whipe off the dust and put them in. for the rest i´d love to see this in the mod.

"Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics... Even if you win, you're still retarded."
- self-deprecating humor ftw -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Wolfmaster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 12:13 PM   #4
DrZero
Retired PR Developer
Send a message via MSN to DrZero

We would like to implement different reloading times based on the situation, but it might be hard to implement. if it takes up a lot of code for something as insignificant as that, we might just have to scrap it.
DrZero is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 01:41 PM   #5
Ugly Duck

But... scrap is so harsh. Put it at the bottom of the list that no one ever looks at.... much better.
Ugly Duck is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 07:13 PM   #6
Figisaacnewton

A good idea.

A lot of realistic things (it seems) hinge on whether or not BF2 will allow the player to keep track of multiple values. Currently, we have Health and Stamina. We also need:
Health meters for every body part (to make the hit in leg = you move slower thing work)
Blood meter ( you get shot you bleed untill bandaged, you bleed all your blood out, you die. at low blood levels, you start getting tunnel and blurry vision)
CEM meter (dependant on stamina meter, overall health, blood and proximity to distracting things), this would affect your ability to control recoil, reload times, etc.

I think it wouldn't be as hard to just make reloading go slower dependant on CEM as it would be to make an animation and states that say "He drops the clip this time"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Figisaacnewton is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 07:42 PM   #7
TerribleOne
Send a message via MSN to TerribleOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figisaacnewton
A good idea.

A lot of realistic things (it seems) hinge on whether or not BF2 will allow the player to keep track of multiple values. Currently, we have Health and Stamina. We also need:
Health meters for every body part (to make the hit in leg = you move slower thing work)
Blood meter ( you get shot you bleed untill bandaged, you bleed all your blood out, you die. at low blood levels, you start getting tunnel and blurry vision)
CEM meter (dependant on stamina meter, overall health, blood and proximity to distracting things), this would affect your ability to control recoil, reload times, etc.

I think it wouldn't be as hard to just make reloading go slower dependant on CEM as it would be to make an animation and states that say "He drops the clip this time"
Blood meter is not a good idea. you get shot once and your sying your blood just leaks out until you get bandaged?????? right.

i think there is a line. that crossed it. i think we need crossheairs to sway etc but not blood meters.
also dont like the idea of when you get injured your aim gets worse etc and tbh i never agreed with anyone who thinks you should move slower after your hit.

they will create slow gameplay which i can guarantee wil kill the fun in half.
youl end up with campers everywhere just whoring.

if people think along them lines then mabe you should carry water and if you get dehydrated you start to get dizzy and see 4 tanks instead off one.
TerribleOne is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 08:32 PM   #8
Figisaacnewton

so, you dont think blood loss would be an important factor in how well you can move around and operate a weapon? or are you saying that you don't bleed after you get shot?

all the detrimental affects, the main gameplay idea behind this is:

don't get shot! it fucks your guy up really bad!

I'm sorry, but if you get shot in the leg, there is searing pain, and a gaping hole in your leg instead or muscle and bone that should be there. You are not going to go 'oof' and keep running foward, your gonna fucking fall over and scream, then after a bit, maybe you'll gather the strenght to crawl to cover.

this won't create bad gameplay, it will create realistic gameplay, where you don't want to get hit, you don't want to take a stupid chance, or else you will lose. it makes it so those with superior positions and plans will win, not those who can mash buttons and keep a mouse on a target best will win.

Figisaacnewton is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 11:03 PM   #9
solodude23

Send a message via AIM to solodude23 Send a message via Yahoo to solodude23

I agree with Fig on this. It leads to totally more realistic gameplay, which is slower. (slower is a ton more realistic and fun)
solodude23 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 01:35 AM   #10
OverwatchX
Supporting Member

Oh how I agree with Fig on this one too. That slow methodical play REALLY adds to the immersion factor. The times I have THE MOST fun in BF2 is slow play with a squad trying my best to act realistically. It just amps up the immersion factor to the nth degree.

Its really in the details...realism that is. Those things that make you play smarter and less "DOOMish". To me, waxing someone in a realistic setting is sooo much more enjoyable than say spray, run to medkit, spray, run to medkit.

Forcing the player to act realistically by modding "penalties" for DOOM-stlye playing floats my boat. Man, if a true combat simulator came out, I'd be in gaming bliss.

That arcadish vanilla BF2 crap insults my intelligence (not saying that Im smart or anything) but when the game doesnt reward smart play in whatever the situation, it puts itself right up there with Donkey Kong and Mario Kart in my book. This mod is called Project Reality not Project Kinda Sorta Reality...at least thats what Im hoping to see.

And while Im at it, why on Earth DICE and EA feel they have to balance everything. Make the crap true to real world performances and let the freaking chips fall where they may. Give the MEC faster respawn times for home court advantage but give the USMC better weapons for example. Give the Chinese slightly more tickets to represent the quadrillion billion trillion soldiers they have. I dunno....schtuff like that. But no...EA and DICE balance evvveerryything..lets all group hug shall we?

I'm spent.
OverwatchX is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
idea, realisitic, reloading