project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
30 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2005, 01:40 AM   #11
Aggro_MG

In BF1918, we tried doing that with misfires and jams, however the engine would not allow it. Something about a prbability table. Supposedly DOD tried it, sometimes you rifle would misfire ten times in a row.

As for clips, good idea and I wont shoot it down. Rifle jams hit key 'G' to clear it, might be fun. Come to think of that, it's brilliant, good idea mate. Or just switch to pistols.

On other boards, they wanted pistols to be drawn from a holster slower. Being a vet of a conflict where I had to draw my sidearm, telling the truth it is clumsy since the holster that is designed to keep a side arm in place will also hinder it's quick removal.

It might all come down to coding, and making the animations. Takes time and talent.

"Hey it's only a chest wound, walk it off"
Aggro_MG is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 01:58 AM   #12
OverwatchX
Supporting Member

Thanks.

Just a thought on this...perhaps a requirement that the player hold down the reload key until the reload is complete. Let go early and you stop the reload function. This of course would be affected, as my pea brain sees it, by the aforementioned fatigue/injury/complexity level thinga-majig doohicky quotient..

I'm just thinking that sometimes reloads in the real world for me are quick amd pur-dee while others are, well, botched or shall we say, barbaric.
OverwatchX is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
idea, realisitic, reloading