project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
24 Feb 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2016, 01:07 PM   #1
Rabbit

Default Add a shorter time to live on commonly abandoned vehicles

Too often I see supply trucks and logistic trucks abandoned out in the middle of a map, left there by squad wipe, fob being built or the worst of the worst people who one man from A to B and ditch it.Even more commonly left than the conventional forces trucks are insurgent ammo trucks, cars and fsa logi vans. a 15 minute time to live on these vehicles is more than a fair time to set on them, if no one enters the vehicle for 15 minutes it is clearly abandoned and the time to live is long enough that it shouldn't promote people to abandon it more than they already are as 15 minutes is quite a long time.

Thoughts on this?

Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 03:32 PM   #2
W.Darwin
Banned
Default Re: Add a shorter time to live on commonly abandoned vehicles

What about you find this abandonned truck right when the 15 min timer goes on and it blows up in your face?

What I do usually when its chaotic in a team like you seem to experiment,

I make a squad called Logistic and I take the role of retrieving all the useful cars and I bring them back to main, I also use of this Squad-Leading role to communicate in the Squad-chat and make some organization for the team

1/2 it goes as expected and the team tighten-up

Try it

ps: Try to have a cheerful and motivating tone in your voice
Here is a link to an example of good motivation voice if you don'T really know wich tone to adopt

pps: will you reply my PM ?
Last edited by W.Darwin; 03-27-2016 at 04:09 PM..
Old 03-27-2016, 04:09 PM   #3
ZektorSK

Send a message via Skype™ to ZektorSK

If you find one,grab it and use it
ZektorSK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 05:40 PM   #4
Rabbit

You guys are saying what should happen, not what actually happens.

Old 03-27-2016, 07:44 PM   #5
HellRanger2558

will the abandoned trucks lose tickets? If so the enemy team could just not blow them up and wait for the team to retrieve them and lose more tickets. Also that isn't very realistic and the enemy usually blow them up before that so I think the current system is fine good suggestion though.
(and btw that system is in bf and I hate it because I will run for minutes and the truck will blow up in my face)
HellRanger2558 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 08:06 PM   #6
Jacksonez__

why this should be added? feels arcade-ish.

Jacksonez__ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 08:10 PM   #7
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksonez__ View Post
why this should be added? feels arcade-ish.
Yes! Lets remove rally points, respawns of players and vehicles, helicopters, jets, fobs because its arcade-ish and not realistic! Like those features, this would be to keep gameplay going rather than having people drive a logi off, ditch it, and it sits in an unplayed or dangerous area the rest of the round.

Old 03-27-2016, 08:27 PM   #8
Jacksonez__

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Yes! Lets remove rally points, respawns of players and vehicles, helicopters, jets, fobs because its arcade-ish and not realistic! Like those features, this would be to keep gameplay going rather than having people drive a logi off, ditch it, and it sits in an unplayed or dangerous area the rest of the round.
calm down holy shit, if it was up to me I would nerf T-72 and remove rallypoints.

player responsibility (deeds->consequences), lets not remove it by adding self destructible vehicles. Transport trucks are valuable assets.

waiting for "because of noobs" card
e: sorry for lazy texting, writingon my phone

Last edited by Jacksonez__; 03-27-2016 at 08:35 PM..
Old 03-27-2016, 09:11 PM   #9
Murphy

Transport trucks are valuable, and it's a pain in the ass to spawn at main only to realize your hair brained team left a whole convoy at the first flag.

Players often leave derelict vehicles alone knowing full well that it will respawn at main giving the enemy transport/logistical support once again. It's very common to mine a vehicle and just leave it alone for an entire round.

I don't think you've really considered the fact that the playerbase has tanked recently and overall the team cohesion has hit a slump these past few months. Changes made to cater to the lowest common denomination aren't always bad, so yea - BECAUSE THESE FREAKN NOOBS 1 MAN A TRANS TRUCK TO M13kp3 to freaking sit and snipe. Meanwhile an entire infantry squad is picking their nose at main waiting for any means of transportation to respawn. It happens way to often and it doesn't actually add anything to the game except more waiting.

Sure "protect your assets and use the wisely" is great advice but it will not change the attitudes of the players who make this an issue, they aren't team players and nothing ever posted here on the forums will change that (they likely won't even bother reading forums).

I think it's a decent solution to an annoying consistent problem.

Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 11:50 PM   #10
W.Darwin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
You guys are saying what should happen, not what actually happens.
wat?

My reply was consistent bro

I was not talking about some imaginative fairy tale of how fun it would be if everyone was mature at all time

And you guys are dramatizing a little inche.

It doesn't happen ALL the time.
And in most of the maps you have a rolling TRANS squad wich get's you to the place u need.
or APC'S (if they are not runned by a clan, or some random selfish tuna)
W.Darwin is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
abandoned, add, commonly, live, shorter, time, vehicles