project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Feb 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2016, 01:10 AM   #11
W.Darwin
Banned
Default Re: Add a shorter time to live on commonly abandoned vehicles

What we need instead is this

W.Darwin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 08:43 AM   #12
Navo

If a team is stupid enough to abandon its logi trucks, it doesn't deserve logi trucks.
Navo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 09:56 AM   #13
[R-DEV]rPoXoTauJIo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]rPoXoTauJIo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo View Post
If a team is stupid enough to abandon its logi trucks, it doesn't deserve logi trucks.
^^ this.

[R-DEV]rPoXoTauJIo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 01:16 PM   #14
PeppeJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.Darwin View Post
And in most of the maps you have a rolling TRANS squad wich get's you to the place u need. or APC'S (if they are not runned by a clan, or some random selfish tuna)
Are you saying APCs are Armored Personel Carriers, and not Tanks on wheels with a faster but weaker gun? Are we playing the same PR? I think I've been picked up more often by random smurfs running past me with a car/truck than an APC.

Back on topic: I'm not sure how I feel about this to be honest. The current situation has the problem that they are abandoned, but the solution brings forth the problem that the Logi are in base, so you'll have to make your way back there to fetch them. I know I'd rather run the 800 meters to fetch the abandoned Logi and drive back to main, rather than run 1.5km just to get to mainbase (or tell someone to kill me).

PeppeJ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 03:21 PM   #15
ZektorSK

Send a message via Skype™ to ZektorSK

I often hide logi trucks, so my team doesn't get uncovered...

But 10 out of 10 times I forgot it, and then we have to go with our feet
ZektorSK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 03:32 PM   #16
Jacksonez__

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZektorSK View Post
I often hide logi trucks, so my team doesn't get uncovered...

But 10 out of 10 times I forgot it, and then we have to go with our feet

Jacksonez__ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 03:38 PM   #17
matty1053

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
I don't think you've really considered the fact that the playerbase has tanked recently and overall the team cohesion has hit a slump these past few months. Changes made to cater to the lowest common denomination aren't always bad, so yea - BECAUSE THESE FREAKN NOOBS 1 MAN A TRANS TRUCK TO M13kp3 to freaking sit and snipe. Meanwhile an entire infantry squad is picking their nose at main waiting for any means of transportation to respawn. It happens way to often and it doesn't actually add anything to the game except more waiting.

This paragraph sums it all up.

Yes, it's more realistic how the system is right now, BUT it probably deters a lot of players from coming back and playing night in and night out. Who wants to spend 10 minutes to wait for a transport truck to spawn in main? Not many people will raise their hands for that.

I don't think this suggestion is arcadish at all. I agree with Rabbits points and statements. PR gameplay isn't like what it was. Almost every round I play at the start, there is ONE player who takes a transtruck and drives it to the "key flag" and meanwhile a full squad is waiting for transportation.

I still think there should be a system where it requires at least 3 players to drive away in a logistics truck. Or you MUST be a squad leader if you are going to one man it.

But what PeppeJ said also brings up another point and almost a whole other discussion worthy topic. It's uncommon to have an APC transport your entire squad to location "X". Even if they (the APC squad) picks the designated location they will drop you at. However, I have seen APC's transport entire squads to a destination. But, it's a lot less common then before in PR.

Or at least add bikes to every flipping map for the one manning people who go to neverland and end up leaving the bike there.

On ANY 4km map it's brutal not having truck transport. Especially when your heli trans service is dead. "Time to brush those legs off boys we are going for a nice walk!"

DETROIT TIGERS
matty1053 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 03:55 PM   #18
W.Darwin
Banned

Matty brought a good point,

Set the logi truck to be a considerate asset
Only usable by Squad Leaders or Crewman...
W.Darwin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 04:57 PM   #19
ZektorSK

Send a message via Skype™ to ZektorSK

Only usable by SL ?

And when is SL so far from truck, and he wants someone to bring him it, how will it happen ?
ZektorSK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 05:21 PM   #20
matty1053

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZektorSK View Post
Only usable by SL ?

And when is SL so far from truck, and he wants someone to bring him it, how will it happen ?
Then make it a requirement you have to be in a squad with more than 4 players (including you).

@W.Darwin;
I don't know about crewman. As that would likely be easily abused. I think having a squad full of 4+ players would be ideal. I'm speaking of the transport trucks too. Yes, Logistics trucks have ginormous value to the entire game... as it's a key point to win a round. Don't build fobs= you lose. Speaking of one manning logistics, I just saw some smurf take a logi from our main, drive it no where near the flag and then he ended up sniping the entire game doing nothing. (Not even one flippen kill!! He was there for a good 30 minutes). My squad we decided to get the logi and drive it back and make a fob... it was worth it. But then the smurf ran up to me complaining why I took the logi and build a fob.

Sorry, but if your going to go in lala land and snipe, use your legs or ask someone for transport to the spot/near the spot.

Soloing a logi for transport is very ignorant and could likely cause your team to hate you.

8 men are more effective than 1 single player. Specifically a sniper. However, if YOU are going to solo a logi, build a fob then. Don't just waste it. Yet people still say: "It's not wasting it, blah!". It's wasting it. You are wasting other players time to go retrieve the truck. Yeah, admins sometimes do discipline players that oneman those important assets. But, admins still want to play the game.

DETROIT TIGERS
matty1053 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
abandoned, add, commonly, live, shorter, time, vehicles