project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Feb 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2015, 01:58 PM   #21
Xander[nl]
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Xander[nl]
Default Re: Capping a neutral flag at the start of a game should give tickets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty1053 View Post
Id like to see a time limit. You can only capture neutral flags within the first 15 minutes of the round.
How does that help with the issue that teams are reluctant to attack flags because there is no reward for doing so? It only stretches the supply lines and front line with no real benefits, but with the risk of losing a lot of tickets if you (arguably) inevitably lose the flag. A ticket or asset reward would make taking that risk worth it.
Xander[nl] is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 09:34 PM   #22
Murphy

What ever happened to people playing the objective because...you know that's the whole point of the game mode.

If one team doesn't want to capture a flag for one reason or another I don't think that it's valid grounds to suggest incentivizing the objects more than they need to be.

How about this as a new reason to capture flags...tickets bleed when you are capped out...oh wait...

Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 05:53 AM   #23
Xander[nl]
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Xander[nl]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
What ever happened to people playing the objective because...you know that's the whole point of the game mode.

If one team doesn't want to capture a flag for one reason or another I don't think that it's valid grounds to suggest incentivizing the objects more than they need to be.
Generally speaking it's much more efficient to capture only 1/3rd of the flags and then defend what you have. Supply lines and reinforcement distances are short. Attacking a flag for the sake of the 'point of the game mode' will almost always cost more than it will produce, even though it is fun to attack. The only time attacking is worth it is when you can completely push out the other team and roll over their other flags, or when the flag/zone gives an advantage against enemy assets.

If you want to win, you defend. Which is why IMO it should be stimulated to capture more flags than the 'safe' flags early in your AAS sequence.
Xander[nl] is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 01:46 PM   #24
matty1053

I agree with Murphy. Why the hell do we bother having AAS then? Just call it conquest and make people rambo cap flags than.

"So people get rewarded". Well that isn't a good reason for this suggestion. Your rewards are greater when you play as a team and play the objective. And it's still hard for people to do now a days.

3 things I would like if this was implanted...

1. Time limit on flags, 15 minutes from start of round.

2. Only enemies can cap THAT flag back.

3. Your only allowed to cap the "MIDDLE FLAG" of the map. Not the one right after enemy base.

But again, the issue is only like 3 people would be capping the other flags in order. This idea would turn to crap after like 10 rounds. Imagine Public Games, you don't have the communication that you would need. People would be communicating on mumble only for: "WHY THE HELL DID NO ONE CAP FIRST FLAG???????".

Everyone would want to be at the neutral flag....

DETROIT TIGERS
matty1053 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 01:32 PM   #25
Murphy

Xander, with that mentality both teams would sit at their first few flags and wait and watch as the enemy does the same. I think we are still overlooking the fact that as an objective capturing it should not need to be incentivized, if NOT capping is more attractive than capping why not just sit in main and let the enemy team cap up until your bleeding flag and start the match from there. Your meta-game is weak and gives enemy ground that you may not be able to take back, if a team is down to apply that strategy they are likely underestimating their opponents or their enemy is really bad at the game and they are essentially "toying with their food".

The incentive of playing the flags is capping enough to force a bleed, and likely winning the round by extension. Trust me on this, the group I play with loves unorthodox meta gaming and we are known to "ruin rounds" with how we play with flags. Giving up ground to recap is a calculated risk at best, and a dumb idea in the worst of circumstances (rushing their flag to hold ground in order to allow friendly squads to gain ground is the way to victory).

Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 03:13 AM   #26
sf17k

Quote:
Giving up ground to recap is a calculated risk at best, and a dumb idea in the worst of circumstances
I was imagining that you'd secure the area around the flag so as not to give up any ground, while being careful to avoid the cap zone itself.

I suppose if the area inside the cap zone was always a huge strategic advantage (like an easily-defended point), it would be a good incentive to cap. Some flags are definitely like this, like certain tunnel complexes.
sf17k is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 02:55 PM   #27
matty1053

Quote:
Xander, with that mentality both teams would sit at their first few flags and wait and watch as the enemy does the same. I think we are still overlooking the fact that as an objective capturing it should not need to be incentivized, if NOT capping is more attractive than capping why not just sit in main and let the enemy team cap up until your bleeding flag and start the match from there.
Exactly. The rounds would be a stalemate and then rely on like 1 squad to cap the flags. And guess what.... if no one capped the flags.... you'd here crying over mumble blaming a squad leader. And you'd probably be one of those blaming everyone else.

DETROIT TIGERS
matty1053 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 01:28 PM   #28
vishuddaxxx

giving tickets to capping flags would be more of an clear incentive to capping a flag in the first place
vishuddaxxx is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
cap, capping, flag, game, give, neutral, start, tickets