project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
24 Feb 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2015, 02:59 PM   #31
W.Darwin
Banned
Default Re: Remove bloody screen when injured

Quote:
Originally Posted by zloyrash View Post
You still can do smart shots. So, machine gunner or sniper doesnt really care about being wounded.
Isn't a trained elite shooter able to make accuracy shot if he get wounded to the torso or shoulders? I mean his gun is usually stabilized on a tripod and all he needs to do is hold his breath and press the trigger.

The point of the tunnel vision is to simulate that the soldier can no longer move with security, he now is restrained to hold his position and lend his confidence on his reduced sight to aim at the most efficient spot to kill the targets.

A wounded soldier can still shoot with precision. But he surely cannot move with ease.

Also, notice the ''blinking'' part of the animation I created. Its a simple sketch of what could be done, persoanlly I thought of doing more blinking but i made it quick
W.Darwin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 03:14 PM   #32
zloyrash
PR Server License Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to zloyrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.Darwin View Post
The point of the tunnel vision is to simulate that the soldier can no longer move with security, he now is restrained to hold his position and lend his confidence on his reduced sight to aim at the most efficient spot to kill the targets.
hm, you mb right about that.

zloyrash is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 06:18 PM   #33
X-Alt

Different stages of coughing? Once it hits 25% it gets serious with black and white, while the rest is perfect vision?
X-Alt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 05:57 PM   #34
Acecombatzer0

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.Darwin View Post
Isn't a trained elite shooter able to make accuracy shot if he get wounded to the torso or shoulders?
How are they supposed to train for that?

CrazyHotMilf: can you release PR 1.0 today cause its my birthday and i want to play it ? because its gonna be very nice and every thing
Acecombatzer0 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 07:11 AM   #35
operativac

I have a proposition. How about we remove the bleeding effect when the dressing is applied? Although it wouldn't give you any health back.
P.S. Sorry if I made any spelling mistakes.
Cheers,
-op
operativac is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 03:32 PM   #36
Wing Walker

You start blinking red and coughing for a while.

When the blackened vision starts, you have 50 seconds until you are dead dead.

In 50 seconds you can walk 160 meters on flat terrain in a straight line.

You still have to ability to shoot at blurred shadowy shapes.

This system seems just right to me. 150 meters and you should be able to find a medic, if not you are too far out and are SOL.

The blackness disables you, but does not totally impair you if there is someone right in front of you. You are still able to shoot and get the hell out.

However, the 50 seconds of blackness combined with the time you are coughing and blinking red is more than enough leeway for you to do what needs done and get the hell out and get healed.

In short:

Red means shoot your way out
black means get to the medic NOW!

Not to mention the patch you have to use as well.
Wing Walker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 02:01 AM   #37
Dragonfire43560

Quote:
Originally Posted by operativac View Post
I have a proposition. How about we remove the bleeding effect when the dressing is applied? Although it wouldn't give you any health back.
P.S. Sorry if I made any spelling mistakes.
Cheers,
-op
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE THIS

Number one most annoying thing about PR

You get shot, start bleeding, use a field dressing. Then you wait like 10 seconds and you notice you are still bleeding. Then you spend 10+ minutes wandering like an idiot looking for a crate or medic.

Make it so 1 bandage stops bleeding, but DOES NOT recover health. That way medics are still useful. Also of course medics would be able to revive you of course.
Dragonfire43560 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 03:33 AM   #38
Jagira

Not sure if that's possible
Jagira is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 10:28 AM   #39
[R-COM]Hulabi
FDF Faction Lead
Supporting Member

Honestly I don't see anything wrong with the current bloody screen, it's been like that for a looong time and it works.

I haven't seen a single suggestion in this thread that I think is better than the bloody screen.

FDF Looking for Modellers, Mappers, Texture artists and Exporters!
#fdfpr @ QuakeNet or PM Hulabi
[R-COM]Hulabi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 12:56 PM   #40
MaSSive

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]Hulabi View Post
Honestly I don't see anything wrong with the current bloody screen, it's been like that for a looong time and it works.

I haven't seen a single suggestion in this thread that I think is better than the bloody screen.
+1

And to add that in, lets say IRL situation, most of the time when you get shot you drop to the ground, kneeel or sit, not continue moving as you were.

If one consider engine limitation and inability to modify accuracy and movement in proper way when wounded, having screen clear or any part of screen ( escpecially center part in case of tunnel vision ) make you a invuln and that is not fair. Dont get shot, keep with your squad and keep the medic alive.

It not perfect, not even close, but I think it is th ebest possible solution as it is now.

Whining should not win.

CATA4TW!
"People never lie so much as before an election, during a war, or after a hunt."
"God has a special providence for fools, drunks, and the United States of America."
― Otto von Bismarck
MaSSive is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bloody, injured, remove, screen