project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
27 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2007, 12:14 PM   #11
Clypp

Send a message via AIM to Clypp Send a message via MSN to Clypp

Squad member colors sounds nice. I don't know how handy it will be however with squad members joining and leaving thus reorganizing the list.
Clypp is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 12:55 PM   #12
Threedroogs
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyHarry88
I don't really see any point in different squad members having different colours.
well...being able to look up at the mini-map and know exactly who is where seems like a pretty good point (instead of just seeing 4-5 green dots)...

i lead squads a lot, and i'd love to be able to give quick orders like "blue take lead" and "black, you've got the rear" (without having to bring up the capslock map, click on the green icon to see who it is, and then giving the order). it's all about timing and efficiency. saving 10 seconds can mean the difference between success and failure.

of course, 30m nametags will help this out a lot, but you can see much further than 30m on the minimap...

<edit> just thought of something that would maybe be better. how about a feature that allowed an SL to assign a point man to his squad. i dont want to be the point man when i'm squad leader, but it's hard to get your squad to follow someone else when the rest of the squad is nothing but green dots.

example:

as SL, i assign SM2 as pointman. he now shows up white to my squad, instead of green (on the minimap). now the entire squad can quickly orient themselves to the pointman and get in position. thoughts?

Ingame name: StrkTm Pygar

Eggyweggs...I would like to smash 'em!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by Threedroogs; 01-05-2007 at 01:03 PM..
Old 01-05-2007, 01:23 PM   #13
Guerra norte

Squad members should be assigned different colors for classes and numbers so you don't die trying to figure out how to say |_337K3\/\/l_5n|p3r
Guerra norte is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 03:07 PM   #14
LiquidSnake

Send a message via ICQ to LiquidSnake Send a message via MSN to LiquidSnake

Leetcoolsniper :P

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
LiquidSnake is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 03:09 PM   #15
semi-wicked

Yeah I definately vote for coloured squads. Would make it much easier for the commander to communicate with the different squads too. Instead of saying "Squad 4 do blablabla" he'd just say "Squad Yellow do blablabla", and there would be no misunderstandings.

semi-wicked is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 03:18 PM   #16
LiquidSnake

Send a message via ICQ to LiquidSnake Send a message via MSN to LiquidSnake

Why not adding both ideas? (colored squads and colored squadmembers)

I'm 100% behind this suggestion

LiquidSnake is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 03:45 PM   #17
Randleman5102

Great Idea. I'd love to see this in the mod.

You Are Now Breathing Manually...
Randleman5102 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 03:47 PM   #18
Valtasar

Quote:
Why not adding both ideas? (colored squads and colored squadmembers)
To confusing. Maybe SM numbers/letters and squads colors or vice versa.

Sorry for my English

Valtasar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 03:59 PM   #19
blud

Colored squads I don't really care about. But the idea of a white colored Pointman with a big (PM) circle over his head instead of (1) sounds great to me.
blud is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 04:07 PM   #20
.:iGi:. Eggenberg4Ever
Supporting Member

Different squad/different colours ok.
Different coloured members within a squad will be too confusing (do all the other squads & their individual colours show on the map at the same time?.... confusionville!).

What's French for deja vu?
.:iGi:. Eggenberg4Ever is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
colors, squad