project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
19 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2006, 02:12 AM   #1
Clypp

Send a message via AIM to Clypp Send a message via MSN to Clypp
Default Couple O Problems

Grenades and paddles are still broken (timer activates even when not used in sequence)

TK costs far too many points (Might be a server issue)

View angle needs to be increased for most seated positions
Clypp is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 02:29 AM   #2
fuzzhead
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Please be more specific on all your points.
fuzzhead is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 02:39 AM   #3
GeZe
PR Artwork Team

How can a tk cost to many points?
- Why are you tking?
- Why do the points matter?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GeZe is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 07:59 AM   #4
bosco_
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

And TKs don't cost that many points, just around 10 (not punished)

bosco_ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 08:12 AM   #5
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

[QUOTE=Clypp]Grenades and paddles are still broken (timer activates even when not used in sequence)[quote]

they aint broken, they are ment to be like that. we just haven got a animator to make the new animations for us. the nades are there cos ppl use to nade spam so much, so a delay between each nade means that you need to think more about where you chuck it, more than just lob as many nades as you can over the wall all at the same time and hope you get a kill or 2...

Quote:
TK costs far too many points (Might be a server issue)
try not to TK, In AA you have to stay in a cell for ages just for TKing 1 guy...

Quote:
View angle needs to be increased for most seated positions
well if we do that, there are plenty of bugs that come up like then you can see though stuff, that has no faces etc.

[R-DEV]Rhino is online now Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 09:07 AM   #6
Mekstizzle

I just don't like it when i'm a passenger in a vehile and the vehicle gets blown up and it says "Mekstizzle has lost a vehicle - 20 points"

Firstly i didn't lose a vehicle i was a passenger, secondly you don't have to tell the whole f*cking team that i've lost something thirdly you don't have to tell them i've lost 20 or so points in doing so. It's just silly. Then you get losing points for dying on an MG stand. Hell you should get more points for taking up an MG position and making yourself a magnet in the first place.

Actually, just get rid of the points system or simplify it. I say. Can someone post as to how it actually works? I don't think it's in the guide.
Mekstizzle is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 09:13 AM   #7
Harrelson

i agree with some of your points, although losing points for vehicles destroyed is necessary to punish wasters, it should apply to the pilot only.

on hills of hamyong (sp?), ive been sniped on many occasions because i lost a tripod mg while i was laying down heavy fire on advancing forces. why should i get punished? snipers can see better than you and once you start firing, youre a magnet for murderous fire so expect to die
Harrelson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 10:33 AM   #8
ArmedDrunk&Angry
Banned

The other issue is if you get killed in a jeep you are penalized for losing it even if you were sniped out and the vehicle is undamaged.
The same goes for the above mentioned emplaced weapons.
If the weapon is destroyed, I agree you should lose the points but if the veh or weapon is undamaged you shouldn't lose points.
ArmedDrunk&Angry is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 12:01 PM   #9
JohnnyPissoff

Sadly points are the currency of most FPS and PR is no exception for most players, so every time you docket points for being a dumbass or wasting assets including yourself you encourage a more realistic game play.

On the other hand I agree with those that gripe about losing points for manning a MG or AA position, those guys in fact under enemy fire should get postmortem "hero" point in fact, even if they haven't made a kill on the gun, the suppression alone is worthy of the point.
JohnnyPissoff is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 12:02 PM   #10
JohnnyPissoff

Furthermore:

Because your team loses a ticket every time you die, I think you should lose one point the first time you die, then two the 2nd, three points the 3rd time, four on the 4th and so on. The fear of death is the main thing missing from this otherwise excellent "reality" based mod.
JohnnyPissoff is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
couple, problems