project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
20 Jul 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2014, 06:38 PM   #1
Pvt.LHeureux
-

Default Mute mumble channels KEYS. SL ears exploding.

Right now as SL you have 4 radio channels open at all time :

Local
Squad Channel
Squad Leader/CO Channel
Game speech channel

I know that I can mute the game speech voices or reduce their volume, but they're quite usefull at times.

This makes communication hard as sometimes some random SL that wants to talk to squad 8 actually talks to all squads. Sometimes you have some SLs talking about strategies while you're trying to communicate with your squad in a fight. Sometimes you want to find who needs a medic in Local but your squadmembers are talking to each others.

Exemple of a heated fight as I'm leading squad 5 :

"Hey Squad 8 would you mind //Heli- "AFFIRMATIVE A VEHICLE IS ON THE WAY"// driving the APC here for transport.."
"Which squad //Johny333 from squad-Enemy at 105!!!// //Gagou14 in local - "I NEED A MEDIC!!!!"is talking to me?"
BOOM BOOM BOOM
"Squad 4"

Simple solution : Keys that you can press to mute specific mumble channels. Pressing the key again unmutes them.

Say for exemple :

P = Mute/Unmute Local channel.
O = Mute/Unmute SquadLeaders/CO channel
I = Mute/Unmute In-squad channel

Of course those keys are just for exemple.

Chuva_RD : You want to remove bugged thing but dont tell how to fill formed void.
Last edited by Pvt.LHeureux; 06-29-2014 at 09:36 PM..
Old 06-29-2014, 08:37 PM   #2
Cassius
Supporting Member

Default Re: Mute mumble channels KEYS. SL ears exploding.

Aint that already possible in mumble?

|TG|cap_Kilgore
Cassius is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 01:03 AM   #3
Bluedrake42
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

I suggest just getting used to it, one of the biggest skills for a squad leader to overcome is the ability to process multiple feeds of information simultaneously in the most efficient and effective way possible. I understand it can be overwhelming at times, but if squad leaders start not knowing if you can hear them (if you're muted or not) when they actually need to get a hold of you... the entire system will start to break down.

Bluedrake42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 01:43 AM   #4
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member

Agree with bluedrake but who do so many plonkers spam all SL s, when talking to an individual squad, had one twonk last night directing trans and so on even after asking him to use the appropriate key he continued.
PLODDITHANLEY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 04:01 AM   #5
StevePl4y5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedrake42 View Post
I suggest just getting used to it, one of the biggest skills for a squad leader to overcome is the ability to process multiple feeds of information simultaneously in the most efficient and effective way possible. I understand it can be overwhelming at times, but if squad leaders start not knowing if you can hear them (if you're muted or not) when they actually need to get a hold of you... the entire system will start to break down.
That would be a easy fix. Just have the transmit sound cue and the text at the bottom saying who's talking, but no actual sound transmited, just to signal you someone is trying to get a hold of you, so you can unmute them and respond when you can.
StevePl4y5 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 05:49 AM   #6
gamma_gandalph

This is why I love ACRE for Arma so much. You can put individual radios on your left or right speakers and control the volume of each individually. That makes it so much easier to filter what is coming from where and what has priority. But we probably won't be getting ACRE styled radioes anytime soon.

Anyways, the left/right/center option per channel might be a fix if possible with mumble? Other than that, keeping your squad together and trained to mostly use local if not otherwise possible reduces the spam from that direction and using individual squads channels instead of all SLs can help reduce radio clutter too. It's all about radio discipline. And train your squad to shut up if you call for "hold comms" or "break break break".
gamma_gandalph is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:41 AM   #7
sirfstar

I'd rather would like to see everyone in the squad gets mic muted when SL talks.
sirfstar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 01:43 PM   #8
Beee8190
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirfstar View Post
I'd rather would like to see everyone in the squad gets mic muted when SL talks.
This.

It might be bit radical but last night playing it was a nightmare and we only runned mortar support squad

I partially blame lazy players and SL's too - lazy because they have the tools given to them to mark enemy positions, fobs and APC's but instead they go on about it on chat for 5 minutes cluttering the comms
Beee8190 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 03:28 PM   #9
Pvt.LHeureux
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirfstar View Post
Good idea

Chuva_RD : You want to remove bugged thing but dont tell how to fill formed void.
Pvt.LHeureux is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 04:11 AM   #10
Cavazos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedrake42 View Post
A mute key does not determine if they will respond to you or not. There are many times there is a squad leader you can't get ahold of because he doesn't respond.

Mute keys are useful. Me actually being a useful squad will sometimes need to mute my squad to hear other SLs, or vice versa.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

187th SPECIAL FORCES COMMAND
SSG Cavazos, Squad SFG
Cavazos is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
channels, ears, exploding, keys, mumble, mute