project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
24 Jul 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2017, 11:48 AM   #51
Nightingale

Default Re: Mute mumble channels KEYS. SL ears exploding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKong.CCCP View Post
Hi,

I just want to add me to the list of people who cannot stand the insane spam in PR these days. I member the days (PR 0.5?) when you could "spot" an enemy using commo rose. It was an old BF2 feature, that was overused to the point you could hear "ENEMY SPOTTED" or "ENEMY BOAT SPOTTED" (boat was used for RP, cos RP had no symbol back then) all the time. It was literally non-stop ENEMYSPOTTEDENEMYSPOTTEDENEMYSPOTTEDENEMYSPOTTEDEN EMYSPOTTEDENEMYSPOTTED, and I'm not kidding.
Back then, nobody saw that as an issue. Me neither. I didn't even notice it, until they removed it. Then I saw a video of how it was previously... and I was amazed we could take that amount of audio-torture.

If you think there is no issue with *to all squads, to all squads, be advised* button, just keep playing PR for a while... in a year or two it will start to piss you off so much, that your greatest skills will be quick ALT+TAB/Local_mute the guy before he finishes "... be advised".
IMO, this is a different problem. Even if SLs did not have a num* button to spam everyone, they need to realize that marking things on the map is a far more effective way to communicate enemy positions than sending unexpected and prolonged voice-messages to a random squad leader. It's kind of terrible that 90% of SLs in this game don't have any idea how to use the radio/cellphone to mark things on the map.

Nightingale is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 10:26 AM   #52
bahiakof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Walker View Post
I agree, I've always felt that the commander role needs to be re-designated as a "Forward Air Controller".

Otherwise, be given some ability to enforce orders.

Possibly the ability to kick (not ban) just bump off the server to make the person have to go through the trouble of getting back on the server at least. With a limit to use of course.

But I don't know if that would even be possible.

Maybe just limit the commander role availability to server Admins.
Do you mean that?

bahiakof is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 10:42 PM   #53
FFG
Project Reality Beta Tester

If you limit commander to admins only. You wont ever get a commander.

FFG is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 08:36 AM   #54
[R-DEV]AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahiakof View Post
Do you mean that?

None of these are possible with the engine, not without editing the binaries. Very limited proper access to squad related things.
Except resigning, which is actually done by switching someone twice. It just werks(tm)
Last edited by [R-DEV]AlonTavor; 01-15-2017 at 08:42 AM..
Old 01-16-2017, 10:27 AM   #55
bahiakof

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]AlonTavor View Post
None of these are possible with the engine, not without editing the binaries. Very limited proper access to squad related things.
Except resigning, which is actually done by switching someone twice. It just werks(tm)
Even if it were possible, I think it would be too much power given to any player. If Project Reality had a system of gain experience, where to have Commander's privileges, you would need to accumulate hours of experience as a squad leader. Only veteran and responsible players know how to act as a real commander.

Old 01-16-2017, 10:37 AM   #56
bahiakof

Within what is Project Reality today, I believe that three suggestions would make the Commander more active in the matches, being:

1- RESERVE THE "MUMBLE TO ALL THE SQD" ONLY TO THE COMMANDER.

2 - IMPLEMENT NEW TOOLS (ICONS) ON THE COMMAND PANEL, SO THAT THE COMMANDER DEFINES ALTERNATIVE OBJECTIVES FOR THE SQUADs (briefing menu).

3 - Return the LASER to the UAV, with some adjustments like delay. Because the UAV nowadays is very balanced.

Old 01-19-2017, 02:23 PM   #57
HellRanger2558

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahiakof View Post
Within what is Project Reality today, I believe that three suggestions would make the Commander more active in the matches, being:

1- RESERVE THE "MUMBLE TO ALL THE SQD" ONLY TO THE COMMANDER.

2 - IMPLEMENT NEW TOOLS (ICONS) ON THE COMMAND PANEL, SO THAT THE COMMANDER DEFINES ALTERNATIVE OBJECTIVES FOR THE SQUADs (briefing menu).

3 - Return the LASER to the UAV, with some adjustments like delay. Because the UAV nowadays is very balanced.
I still think that SL's should use all squad chat incase they spot a super fob or a tank near multiple squads.All squad chat has saved my ass more times than not but yes i do over use it sometimes in the heat of a firefight which is a bad habit i'm trying to break.I like the laze idea but you can to that already with a marker or something i did it a few times for CAS on silent eagle as the RUS but that was back in 1.3.9.

HellRanger2558 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 07:00 AM   #58
KingKong.CCCP

I was away for few months... any development?
And by development I'm pretty much counting on more players getting sick of spam as they play more.
KingKong.CCCP is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 07:34 AM   #59
Oskar

Send a message via MSN to Oskar

It's true that spam has increased quite a bit since built-in Mumble became a thing. It's a good thing and it's a bad thing, sometimes it helps me and sometimes it distracts me and I get killed. I would totally support specific mute buttons, since as a squad leader it's usually counter productive to mute Mumble entirely, even if it's just for a minute.
Oskar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 06:17 PM   #60
Unarmed Civilian

Give the SL "Priority Speak" - Whenever he speaks the volume of all squad members go down so the SL's voice is heard loud and clean.
Unarmed Civilian is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
channels, ears, exploding, keys, mumble, mute