project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
28 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2006, 06:13 PM   #1
DuckCommander
Default Kills and Deaths

When I play, if I'm not sure I killed someone... I'll bring up the scoreboard. Especially when I nade someplace or am clearing out a building with a vehicle I'll check it to make sure whoever I was shooting at is dead.

This is dreadfully unrealistic, and takes away the guesswork and tension this mod tries to bring. They should be done away with.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DuckCommander is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 06:28 PM   #2
dunkellic

yup i´ll second that

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dunkellic is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 06:35 PM   #3
Desertfox

lol I do that also. Why not make it so the kills and deaths and all that dont show up until the end of the game? You can even show score due to the fact that your score shows up when you kill someone
Desertfox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 07:05 PM   #4
dizzy
Retired PR Developer

This has been discussed before, but dont remember the decision. Probably a search of the forums would help.

Project Reality League Admin

dizzy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 07:18 PM   #5
Downtown_two

Send a message via MSN to Downtown_two

You can't just say "It's unrealistic and needs to go". Suggesting an alternative on the SUGGESTION forums would be good.

Get rid of it and your gonna have half the community up in arms about not knowing how many kills they've made. Keep it, and like you said, we have what is tantemount to an exploit.

"Cover me, I'm eating Pasta"
Downtown_two is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 07:35 PM   #6
darkhead

knowing how many kills you made isnt the goal of this mod, it should be teamwork and acheiving superiority over the map. if you take it off it will only increase the realism and gameplay aspect of the game.
darkhead is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 07:37 PM   #7
$kelet0r

apparently it was going to be removed but the coder in charge of the HUD disappeared
Eggman more than likely intends to ditch it thankfully
$kelet0r is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 02:36 AM   #8
mammikoura

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckCommander
When I play, if I'm not sure I killed someone... I'll bring up the scoreboard. Especially when I nade someplace or am clearing out a building with a vehicle I'll check it to make sure whoever I was shooting at is dead.

This is dreadfully unrealistic, and takes away the guesswork and tension this mod tries to bring. They should be done away with.
Now thats a funny post. You are basically saying that you don't want to know if you killed someone by looking at your score, but then why do you look at your score to see if you killed the guy? I don't do it, well I've done it a few times when I threw a nade to a spot I saw many enemies running to, just to see how many dudes I can get with 1 nade. But you don't have to use it if you don't want to.

/kinda off topic

But yes, it should be taken away, and score should be displayed only at the end of the round. This way no one can whine that they don't get to see their score, and people won't use the score board to check if they killed the guy. I believe there have been a few threads about this, and I'm guessing that something will be done when they have the time to.
mammikoura is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 02:47 AM   #9
GeZe
PR Artwork Team

They were going to take this out in .4, but then.... (fill me in?)

GeZe is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 02:47 AM   #10
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

I think we are planning to remove the kills, deaths and score in genral from the ingame score board, and basicly just have a "player list" ingame, then when then game is over you can see you kills and deaths on the end game score board.

I "think" that is the long term plan. But it also depends on how much free time slick has to edit the HUD so we can do this

[R-DEV]Rhino is online now Reply With Quote

Tags
deaths, kills