project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
01 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2005, 11:08 PM   #11
Eddie Baker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacamo
Maybe that knife Spetznaz use that fires a bullet can make a cameo. Good old NRS-2 or NRS-3.
Now there's a neat, obscure little toy. The NRS-2 fires the same SP-4 ammunition as the PSS "Vul." The only photos I've seen have been from Russian museums and Jane's so I don't know how much it has been exported. The NRS-1 was known to have been used in Afghanistan (used the older SP-3 cartridge), so it might have ended up on someone's trophy wall. That ammunition must be hard to find, though. I think there are also similar knives made out there that fire standard .22 LR cartridges.

While the military effectiveness of the Maquisards is debatable, what they did certainly succeed in doing was upholding the honor of the occupied French and they also aided downed aircrews and escaped POWs, so I am not about to take that away from them.
Eddie Baker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 11:57 PM   #12
BrokenArrow
Retired PR Developer

their major problem was being divided, the gaulists and the communist french resistance didnt always get along too well, and were too worried about which government would take over after the war, they forgot they first had to throw out the germans. as far as military effectiveness i think they were invaluable, causing confusion behind german lines before and during D-Day was a great help to the advancing allies. the germans had to train special anti-guerrilla troops to try to get rid of the resistance.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BrokenArrow is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 12:01 AM   #13
Eddie Baker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenArrow
their major problem was being divided, the gaulists and the communist french resistance didnt always get along too well, and were too worried about which government would take over after the war, they forgot they first had to throw out the germans. as far as military effectiveness i think they were invaluable, causing confusion behind german lines before and during D-Day was a great help to the advancing allies. the germans had to train special anti-guerrilla troops to try to get rid of the resistance.
Good points.
Eddie Baker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 12:03 AM   #14
BrokenArrow
Retired PR Developer

haha i can forget all about getting totally wrecked in bf2 tonight and be pleased with a 'good points' statement from the all-knowing eddie baker... seriously you know too much

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BrokenArrow is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 12:58 AM   #15
solodude23

Send a message via AIM to solodude23 Send a message via Yahoo to solodude23
Default Re: Possibility for throwing knife...

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV
Eddie Baker]
Modern, military issue fighting knives and bayonets are not balanced for throwing in any way, shape or form. It is doubtful that there are any militaries that still train their soldiers in knife-throwing. Knife-throwing is a good circus act, movie stunt or hand-eye coordination exercise, but it ceased being a practical combat skill ages ago, if it ever was practical to begin with. In short, it is not realistic.
lol, include it and make it so most of the time it hits on the wrong side :P

Guy runs up, "Click, Click, "Oh crap!" Puls out his knife, throws it---thud.

Just kidding though, I actually don't like the idea a ton.
solodude23 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 11:01 PM   #16
trim

well, while we are on the topic of sharp pointey things, why not add a bayonet to some of the guns, it is true that they don't get much use but it would look realy good to see on guy run a nother guy thru in the mist of a piched battle, and they still isue thos with the guns, in the US millitary any way.
trim is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 12:01 AM   #17
GABBA

Send a message via MSN to GABBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly Duck
We can't all be Jackie Chan or Bruce Lee
I was thinking more along the line of rambo or Arnie.

"Incoming fire has the rigth of way"...........

"never share a foxhole with anyone braver than you are"
GABBA is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
knife, possibility, throwing