project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
22 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2012, 10:30 AM   #1
ERNEST

Default Briefing time for AAS maps

Hi Ladies & Gentlemen I wrote a thread before about (Default squad names) im new to this so im assuming the guys are viewing it before it gets posted. My subject on BRIEFING is about how when you start a game everyone spawns and goes charging out the main to rush for the flag the first 5 min is hectic yet critical its a scramble for both teams to get to the flags with no real clear game plan. My Idea of having a briefing after the game starts for the first 3 to 5 min no one can leave there main (not sure about Silant Eagle Germans parachuting in though ) is to get the players organised & maybe get a gameplan going amongst the SL & cammanders with out the rush mantality. With my idea on (Default squad names) , a 5 min briefing on AAS maps & with mumble you have the game of the millinium people then all you have to do is make a new PR with awsome graphics 128 players + a few little tweeks here & there like dragging a body the only problem is if i die i cant play it so life is short play PR us much as you can
ERNEST is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:46 PM   #2
Domas118
Default Re: Briefing time for AAS maps

Good idea.
Domas118 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:38 AM   #3
[R-DEV]Moszeusz6Pl
PR:BF2 Developer

Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]Moszeusz6Pl

I don't think that forcing player to don't leave main is good idea, because on some maps defensive team can spawn closer to front line to prepare defense. I think that we could increase time spend while waiting for game, because some players who has slower computers are joining game, when game already started, and didn't know what's the plan and that's going on. If we increase warn up time, SL could talk to each other and prepare plan, and prepare squad to join battle. Actually SL most of the time are asking SM to take kits, without checking with what kit is he got, because there are no time for it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-DEV]Moszeusz6Pl is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:04 AM   #4
ChallengerCC
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to ChallengerCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERNEST View Post
Hi Ladies & Gentlemen I wrote a thread before about (Default squad names) im new to this so im assuming the guys are viewing it before it gets posted. My subject on BRIEFING is about how when you start a game everyone spawns and goes charging out the main to rush for the flag the first 5 min is hectic yet critical its a scramble for both teams to get to the flags with no real clear game plan. My Idea of having a briefing after the game starts for the first 3 to 5 min no one can leave there main (not sure about Silant Eagle Germans parachuting in though ) is to get the players organised & maybe get a gameplan going amongst the SL & cammanders with out the rush mantality. With my idea on (Default squad names) , a 5 min briefing on AAS maps & with mumble you have the game of the millinium people then all you have to do is make a new PR with awsome graphics 128 players + a few little tweeks here & there like dragging a body the only problem is if i die i cant play it so life is short play PR us much as you can
A real good idea i had this also! For me and my clan its often a stressfull situation on the beginning of the map. You cant coordinate kits etc. only fast fast fast.
That sucks and destroy teamplay.

I support this totaly! 5 min after spawning you cant go out of base or so.

ChallengerCC is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:58 AM   #5
Mouthpiece
Supporting Member

A good idea indeed. But 5 minutes is too much. I'd say 2 to 3 minutes would be enough for SL's to come together and to draw a basic plan. Mumble as usually would make things perfect, as you can directly talk "eye to eye" with another SL. If something gets said "eye to eye", than there's bigger possibility that it will happen (e.g., "we'll defend the flag" would really mean that they will defend it not sit around, get bored and therefore move on).

"Against a regiment I oppose a brain / And a dark horse against an armoured train."
Mouthpiece is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:12 AM   #6
Acemantura

Send a message via Skype™ to Acemantura

Lol, I like it. But how do you make a decaying DoD??

Acemantura is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:32 AM   #7
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Developer
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERNEST View Post
then all you have to do is make a new PR with awsome graphics 128 players + a few little tweeks here & there like dragging a body
yeah, should only take a month or so.

for the rest good idea

[R-DEV]Mineral is online now Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:18 PM   #8
Sgt.BountyOrig

Alas, as I read along the lines of the SF map, Iron gator.
"may the team with the best co-ordination and tactics win the firefight".

PR requires you to be proactive and remain on the move in this way, you should still aim to be able to communicate with others whilst completing your own objectives and considering possible future situations. This is a skill you learn, and with mumble out there being the perfect tool for the job to talk to other squad leaders, or the entire team if necessary, you should be able to attempt this learning point in the space of a few rounds.

...Actually getting other SL's to listen to you on the other hand is a different matter entirely.
Sgt.BountyOrig is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:52 PM   #9
doop-de-doo
Supporting Member

I don't think people will appreciate having to wait extra time just to discuss first moves. When you need to work something important out with other squads, you should be able to get it going with them before the spawn timer runs down. Most preliminary plans are apt to change on the fly when it all comes down to it.

If you want a coordinated team in PR as it currently is, you probably should look for:

1. a commander to dish out the strategy/orders,
2. a set of SLs that are willing to cooperate, &
3. server admins with the authority to enforce the chain of command.

Best case scenario: the commander is an admin with the necessary authority to deal with unwilling squads. That's how it is IRL.

B4TM4N
doop-de-doo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:29 PM   #10
ERNEST

Hi again L & G's ! Thanks for the comments , I just wanted to add with the BRIEFING TIME is that i sometimes dont have enough time in between maps after its GG & the start of the next round because after sitting for an 1-2hours i need to get up do a few things like grab a drink, go to the toilet, answer a missed call, make a quick snack (after you have a look at your stats & best squads ) & that would apply to most people. Im usually ready most of the time but you know sometime it takes you a bit longer and you come back 2 or 3 min in the game you have been invited to a squad & when you join they are on the otherside of map . So in my opinion a briefing just gives a bit of extra time for your average joe blow like me to get what i got to get done then sit down for another 1-2hrs. Mumble does give you that option to already have a briefing before that game starts but usually not everyone connects straight away & most of the chat is done between SL & squad members organising kits, doesnt leave much time between SL to SL & cammander to have a basicplan & most of the time squads end up getting in each others way or going to the same place & because your team doesnt have a plan you spend the next hr defending your last flag because noone bothered to capture the first flag at the start . So your a little late in (sorry for being human) & you come in & not 2 min in the game & you can see whats going to happen for the rest of the match. PR is about thinking on your feet i agree wth that and ingame you do plenty of that but in reality you dont go rushing out of your base with no real basic plan of what the rest of your team is doing or what your orders are. ps I go Cammander a bit and i personaly need a bit more time to organise & to draw up a plan, i find it hard cos alot of times the SL creates His/Her plan but it doesnt fit in with my plan or the rest of the teams & by the time i get around to talking to them its to late they are already at a realy bad FOB location or something & it effects the the rest of the game. Plans can fail but chances of success increase with a good one.
ERNEST is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
aas, briefing, briefings, maps, time