project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
20 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2012, 02:18 PM   #21
Zoddom

Default Re: AAS flag delay

yeah with a new random AAS mode with invisible flags, it would be even more awesome

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Zoddom is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:22 AM   #22
BloodyDeed
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

We are always thinking about improving AAS even further so thank you for this suggestion.

I just wanna give you a heads up that we read and understood it, not that you think the PR Team ignores you.

BloodyDeed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:21 AM   #23
Arnoldio
Banned

Very good then.

Problem with all MP games is that "Game experince may change during online play." And i think PR does a pretty good job of keeping is SP-like for the most part (especially with good teams), but its not quite there yet (Insurgency is even more SP-Like and only Objective or Scenario modes would top that if they get included). Only coop games top it, but coop gets boring after a while, whilst PR has the potential to be "infinite coop with real enemies instead of bots".

However id dislike to see one gamemode dominate ove another one, so thats why i posted this as INS is getting public tests anyway.
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:41 AM   #24
BloodyDeed
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

From the coding aspect it's just a bit easier to tweak insurgency with modifying the amount of caches etc in comparison to AAS which is still heavily dependable on the routes and the flags itself.

BloodyDeed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:18 AM   #25
Arnoldio
Banned

Yeah, im pretty aware of that.

There was also a lenghty discussion in the past about flags that will be in play(but are not yet) being invisible for the respective teams, so you only see your flags that youve capped and the next one that is to cap, however it contradicts my OP a bit. The main point of that was anti-rushing.

If you put flags in a RL situation, what sport has a square field? To be honest i cant tink of one. Linearity means fun and PR has enough of space that it doesnt become spammy. FH2 has a map where flags are perpendicular to both teams spawns, and that is the worst idea in the history of gaming tbh... like palying football across, not down the field. So even if the gameplay gets slowed down with my original idea it wont get linear and boring.
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:32 PM   #26
SGT.Ice

Suggest idea, gets buried under other posts. Someone else resuggests idea & given credit. !?!?!?! profit.

SGT.Ice is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:36 AM   #27
ChallengerCC
Supporting Member

Send a message via ICQ to ChallengerCC

Insurgency is in my eyes totaly unbalanced its trou its a dificult one because its an asymetric war. But 90% of the maps are eather for one team or for the enemy team "unwinneble" if it is played serios not "public".

For example Karbala or Kokan if you play it as american serios you have no chance as Insurgent. But on the other hand Lashkar Valley is unwinneble as Germans if the camp hard in the i call it Bunkers, (impossible to get positions with ladders and so on).

Insurgence need a kicket loss like the other team also they only have double so mutch or something like that. Or has an Insurgent no value?
Because of that there dont exist real teamwork at insurgent side. Not even medics get effectiv used or insurgent tactics. Because if you die nothing happens you will spawn in 20 sec and will be back in action and then you get the ami.

The same for AAS and FOB?s or what is now "considered" <<< unlimited Rally Points >>>. For me will this the end of Project Reality, this will destroy every tactic and teamplay because of the ultimate low value of life.
I played PR since 0.25 i think 5 years or so. But trouly activ since the rally system was overholen like today.
So in your interest BS and PR Team, trust me: dont do it.

Go more in the other direction and make the game more tactic like your main aim is and was in the game, not for the action COD gamers. The trend is also more to realism today i think.
So limitate the FOBs to maximum 2 or make them have a certain amount of spawns, like 50 or so and then you need to resuply them or something like that.

Then u also fix with that, that the fight dont takes so long about 1 or 2 Flaggs (attakc and defend flag). So other flags are also played and combined with random spawning flags this would be a great expearience.

I hope you get my point and sorry for my language i wrote it quick.
Over and out.
[QRF] ChallengerCC

Last edited by ChallengerCC; 07-17-2012 at 09:59 AM..
Old 07-17-2012, 12:26 PM   #28
Bringerof_D
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT.Ice View Post
Suggest idea, gets buried under other posts. Someone else resuggests idea & given credit. !?!?!?! profit.
does it really matter so long as it makes it into the mod?

Information in the hands of a critical thinker is invaluable, information alone is simply dangerous.
Bringerof_D is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
aas, delay, flag