project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
24 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2012, 03:13 AM   #11
SGT.Ice

Default Re: AAS flag delay

What about upping it from 2 to 6, two man caps seem more of a ninja thing to me personally, and requires less teamwork & footwork to get done. The bleed idea would be interesting, as a replacement for the current & bad bleed system.

I still want my 4-6 hour games back.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SGT.Ice is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:01 AM   #12
Arab
Supporting Member

Off-topic:
I know what they should make!

A basketball kit. Think about it.

You are waiting at the base for your squad. The pilot is respawning, and you are bored waiting.

At the base, you have a basketball hoop. Give basketball kits that can shoot hoops. Only thing is how you can make it so the other players can steal the ball.

Only disadvantage is a couple of people bringing the kits with them on insurgency and using the ball as distractions, since this game is realism, communication and team-work based. In real-life, you wouldn't be Dennis Rodmann bringing a ball into a firefight and throwing it.

But as an easter egg, it would be pretty cool.
Arab is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:58 AM   #13
Zoddom

I like the 10-15 min secure idea too, but i think it would be even better for the gameplay to delay the attack order on the next flag by 5 min or so (if its possible).
so when you capped a flag you cannot cap the next one for the next 5 / 10 minutes.

edit:
similar to the bf3 rush delay

Zoddom is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:26 AM   #14
Arnoldio
Banned

Zoddom, that one is also good, better than mine, didnt think of reversing.
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:19 PM   #15
Brainlaag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoddom View Post
I like the 10-15 min secure idea too, but i think it would be even better for the gameplay to delay the attack order on the next flag by 5 min or so (if its possible).
so when you capped a flag you cannot cap the next one for the next 5 / 10 minutes.

edit:
This sound actually much more attractive. You cap normally the flag but the area must remain secure for certain amount of time, repelling all attacks, maybe giving the opposing team a chance to regain momentum and setup up defenses and or strike the flag you've just captured and after the time expires being able to cap a new flag.

This could actually create a healthy balance between attacking and defending and preventing many headless (but damn effective) steamroll tactics.

Me like.

Brainlaag is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:51 PM   #16
Bringerof_D
Supporting Member

I like Zoddom's idea. Delay not your ability to keep a flag but your ability to start attacking the next. This will allow the faltering team to set up defenses if they do not feel confident in any counter attack efforts. Though i do feel 15 minutes will be too long, this is still a game after all.

this should also force the advancing team to hold and fortify their newly gained position and better simulate the proper advancing of a defensive line behind the main fighting force.

currently the game is all about rhythm, where the team with the better timed leap frog generally wins. Although rhythm is important in the real world, it is almost always second to proper tactics and planning. this should force a balance between timing and planning within PR. Timing shouldnt be about getting to the flag at the right time, it should be about keeping formation of the assaulting force on the flag

Information in the hands of a critical thinker is invaluable, information alone is simply dangerous.
Bringerof_D is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:34 AM   #17
Mouthpiece
Supporting Member

Zoddoms idea FTW! It would make oh-so-not-rewarding defending more fun.

"Against a regiment I oppose a brain / And a dark horse against an armoured train."
Mouthpiece is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:00 AM   #18
[R-COM]Arc_Shielder
PR Community Faction Lead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoddom View Post

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringerof_D View Post
currently the game is all about rhythm, where the team with the better timed leap frog generally wins. Although rhythm is important in the real world, it is almost always second to proper tactics and planning. this should force a balance between timing and planning within PR. Timing shouldnt be about getting to the flag at the right time, it should be about keeping formation of the assaulting force on the flag
^This. We definitely need something more "healthy" than rush tactics to win a round.

[R-COM]Arc_Shielder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:59 AM   #19
Arnoldio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainlaag View Post
This sound actually much more attractive. You cap normally the flag but the area must remain secure for certain amount of time, repelling all attacks, maybe giving the opposing team a chance to regain momentum and setup up defenses and or strike the flag you've just captured and after the time expires being able to cap a new flag.
But in the end, thats what i said in the OP.

Now were at delaying the assault flag opening for 10-15 minutes. You can still send troops there but they cannot prevent the cap. If the game is not in play, team shouldnt have any effect on it.
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:10 AM   #20
ChallengerCC
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to ChallengerCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arab View Post
Off-topic:
I know what they should make!

A basketball kit. Think about it.

You are waiting at the base for your squad. The pilot is respawning, and you are bored waiting.

At the base, you have a basketball hoop. Give basketball kits that can shoot hoops. Only thing is how you can make it so the other players can steal the ball.

Only disadvantage is a couple of people bringing the kits with them on insurgency and using the ball as distractions, since this game is realism, communication and team-work based. In real-life, you wouldn't be Dennis Rodmann bringing a ball into a firefight and throwing it.

But as an easter egg, it would be pretty cool.
Nice idea
A basketball kit only players with basketball kit can take and throw the ball.

To the flags:
When a team takes a flag of the enemy, the next attacking flag will be showen directly and on a random defined position of the map for the defending team. The enemy will get informed afer 10 min where the next attacking flag is.

Problem is that you only will fight the whole round about 2 flaggs. Mostly the middl flaggs is fighting for. So to get more interesting places and new gameplay aspects in the game, random flags would be grate.

Last edited by ChallengerCC; 07-09-2012 at 07:15 AM..

Tags
aas, delay, flag