project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
29 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2012, 10:07 AM   #31
Vista
Default Re: Drowning

Like a boss
Old 08-20-2012, 02:33 PM   #32
Psyko

40MM come play on PRTA rofls.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Thanks for all the hard work PR team!
Old 08-20-2012, 02:36 PM   #33
Brainlaag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyko View Post
40MM come play on PRTA rofls.
Do we have some special swimming settings ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:44 PM   #34
saXoni
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40mmrain View Post
Hardcore is the reason for all these "what happened to PR", "I miss PR", "the game is dead" abandonists recently.

Fuck this game im going to ArmA
I see what you did there.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:53 PM   #35
=HCM= Shwedor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40mmrain View Post
honestly shwedor, go fuck yourself.

all im reading is "I want to play by myself, FUCK REALISM, FUCK TEAMWORK"

typical =H= attitude. Fuck Hardcore, you fucking cancerous server and community. Bunch of no teamwork enabling imbalanced map playing faggots. I didnt mind before, but now that there are barely any servers left it's begun to horribly affect this game. Hardcore is the reason for all these "what happened to PR", "I miss PR", "the game is dead" abandonists recently.

Fuck this game im going to ArmA
Not to derail this thread, but this was highly uncalled for and quite rude. Imbalanced map playing? We play the maps that the players VOTE for. Its up to the DEV team to balance maps, not us. No servers left? PR SPY says differently, yes we may be at the top with the MOST players but there are several other servers to choose from such as the fine gents over at PRTA or CIA. We do try to enable teamwork, but we will NEVER force teamwork on people because there are varying opinions on levels of teamwork. We tried to enable teamwork to a further extent with our Basrah VIP project and the use of Convoys, but unfortunately we had little to no assistance with the project. People are always abandoning PR and coming back, that is just how the PR community works. And you will always get get older players returning back to PR when new patches are released, there just hasn't been a patch in a VERY long time. If you actually READ my post, you would see that my reasons for dissension aren't about stopping teamwork, but about the fact that teamwork does NOT make up for incompetence on the part of the players. Sometimes realism must take second place to game play. I hope you enjoy your experience on ARMA.

shwedor
Old 08-20-2012, 04:02 PM   #36
Stemplus

Quote:
Originally Posted by =HCM= Shwedor View Post
Imbalanced map playing? We play the maps that the players VOTE for.
I think that his point was that some of your admins don't care about the mapvote and sometimes even ignore that another admin made a AAS vs INS vote, they just cancel it and put their (favorite, mostly INS) maps. I remember that once someone made a AAS vs INS vote, AAS won with twice as many votes as INS, a few minutes later the admin made a Muttrah vs some other maps, Muttrah won with a big majority of votes. Seconds later admin said "noone wants to play Muttrah, we will play something else" and made a 3 INS maps vote.

Quote:
No servers left? PR SPY says differently, yes we may be at the top with the MOST players but there are several other servers to choose from such as the fine gents over at PRTA or CIA.
fine gents at CIA? I remember that this morning one of your admins (same guy who did the thing above) called CIA "dumb f*cks and faggots" plenty times on one round.

Quote:
We do try to enable teamwork
Well, today I've seen 2 of ]H[ guys doing 2 seperate "lone wolf" squads. Nice promotion of teamwork.

Quote:
you will always get get older players returning back to PR when new patches are released
That is true.

PS I am not talking about You, but about some other ]H[ guys.

Old 08-20-2012, 04:29 PM   #37
Doc.Pock

Please gents be civilised. Thank you. God this thread has derailed

[R-MOD]Spec: Actually, I did teamkill him last I remember... -on Rhino being a teamkiller.
=Romagnolo=: Becareful, it is addictive. -on me sig quoting.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:29 PM   #38
=HCM= Shwedor

If an admin sees only like 10-15 players in total voting he or she may take it upon themselves to inquire in teamspeak and/or mumble whether or not to go with the vote or put up a new one. We often have in excess of 20 people in our TS3 and we realize that if only a couple folks are actually voting, the vote may not be representative of the entire server of 64 players. Joining our public teamspeak 3 server is a great way to communicate with our admins and express what maps you wish to see on the votes. Not to mention that in addition to mumble, it gives you great situational awareness and an additional way to communicate with teammates.

Any disrespect by our members towards another clan should be reported in our admin abuse forums. I am unaware of the circumstances behind this as I have been off of PR for a few weeks and probably will be off of PR perm due to college/probably ROTC/etc. Lone wolf squads are allowed and we will not force teamwork on players as previously stated, generally H members who do not have a squad will go commander if the slot is open, grab the officer kit, and start a one man squad to build firebases to support the team, often there are simply not enough people to have every squad full which hopefully 100+ player servers will rectify.

And my opinion is still that swimming long distances, however unrealistic or impractical, is necessary to make the game enjoyable at times. I'd prefer to have a team be able to swim to the battle in the event that there just happens to be a helicopter squad of new players which is inevitable most of the time and completely beyond an admins control at the start of a game.

shwedor
Old 08-20-2012, 04:32 PM   #39
SShadowFox

I can see this thread being closed soon, but that can be avoided, go back to the thread discussion...

[R-DEV]Spec:The suggestion is not accepted, I merely wanted to comment.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:56 PM   #40
Bringerof_D
Supporting Member

@schwedor: when i say "proper drills" i don't mean literal drills. some things are simply a matter of technique or otherwise proper procedures. What i'm saying is that players that take a few extra seconds in preparation and use their brain to come up with proper plans should be rewarded. The players that just bum rush to the river, or try and ninja an island cache on their own for example, should be punished for poor foresight.

doing things right is not stressing, some people are just lazy. When people complain about dieing too often, it always comes down to a matter of not doing things in the proper procedure. Flying down a road at max speed into enemy territory and being blown up by mines. getting an entire group of armored vehicles trapped and killed because they didn't consider choke points and had too little spacing. I'm trying to point out solutions to problems that are caused only by the player's own behavior.

the same is applied here. Yes balance should be applied to keep it playable casually, however it should still be that a player that puts effort into the game be rewarded more than the players that don't bother. That is why i support a time limit of infantry in water. it should not be cripplingly short, but it should be enough to deter players from swimming across the larger rivers and other larger bodies of water.

Anything can be a weapon, anyone can be a threat. Never under estimate the combat ability of your opposition. He may seem weak and harmless now but even a dead man can carry a few pounds of explosives in his gut or deliver a decisive blow by rotting away in your water supply.
Closed Thread

Tags
drowning