project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
17 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2006, 08:01 PM   #11
eggman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Hey Cinders,

Those are some fantastic concepts

Not sure if you are a BF coder / hacker .. but one thing that gets *really* trying with BF modding is the amount of time you can spend on things that end up in a dead end. It gets a lil frustrating and can tend to burn folks out.

So er.. we're always lookin' fer fresh meat with some hacking skills if yer game

Cheers!
egg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eggman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 08:46 PM   #12
Resjah

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]eggman
Hey Cinders,

Those are some fantastic concepts

Not sure if you are a BF coder / hacker .. but one thing that gets *really* trying with BF modding is the amount of time you can spend on things that end up in a dead end. It gets a lil frustrating and can tend to burn folks out.

So er.. we're always lookin' fer fresh meat with some hacking skills if yer game
So, is this what the BF engine has been rendered too

Its no longer coding a game, its hacking the sh*t out of it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Resjah is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 08:52 PM   #13
PlayPR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Resjah
So, is this what the BF engine has been rendered too

Its no longer coding a game, its hacking the sh*t out of it.
You know it, to much hardcoding leaves most no choice I suppose

PlayPR! is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 02:28 AM   #14
Cinders

One thing I haven't checked on is if BF2 has the LCU attachment code still intact. That alone can do quite a bit. Worked quite well to add an invisible object to the back of a projectile. Projectile impacts and terminates and the object falls to the ground, where you can have it have a time out and upon reaching < 10% health, spawns another object. An effect can be slapped in to mask and voila! Whatever you can think of!
Basically, an illusion to create a realistic effect

The disabling would probably be the favorite and semi-easy to do. Laser designators are also fairly easy with automated artillery. Both have been done on a BF1 beta, though I openly admit haven't tried with BF2, but the code looks the same for those two.
Fuel systems, my baby, is probably not worth the time since you guys are working on other ideas. It'd be a lot of testing, math and adjusting.

I always thought it'd be cool to take a jet and at low health do a reverse engine of 95% power spawn, so the pilot would not have enough power to stay up and would have to angle downwards to stay moving forward, so would actually have to emergency land somewhere close by.

Anyway, if you guys want to try any ideas like these, you can probably figure out the code logic or I can spell it out if it speeds up the process.
My buddy is a pretty good BF coder, maybe you guys need another one, I'll talk to him. He's pretty good with sounds, too.
Cinders is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 02:33 AM   #15
Cinders

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayPRMM!
You know it, to much hardcoding leaves most no choice I suppose

Yes. HL1 and HL2 = coding. BF1 was built ONLY to do vanilla BF. All corners were shortcutted to make do. Nothing was coded out to allow variables, things were meant for only one specific purpose. BF2 is a modified BF1 to do EXACTLY BF2 and little else again. No room for options. If they didn't need it right then, then it's trashed.

It's like having a straw, toothpicks, glue and some glitter and someone wanting you to make a useful object out of it.
Old 10-28-2006, 02:55 AM   #16
eggman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Well Cinders that all sounds fantastic

If you or your buddy are interested we can always use creative coders to help out with PR.

Shoot me a PM if yer interested.

Cheers!
egg

eggman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 03:03 AM   #17
KingofCamelot
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinders
My buddy is a pretty good BF coder, maybe you guys need another one, I'll talk to him. He's pretty good with sounds, too.
We could always use more coders. When I say always, I really do mean always. You sound pretty knowledgable yourself.

BTW, if you know how to get laser designation to work, player controlled (not automated artillery) then please send me a PM. I got it working, but unfortunately DICE broke it in the 1.4 patch, and there is little to no hope they will fix it.

Ruthless Executioner of 280 SpamBots

Retired Lead Coder for Project Reality - 0.25 through 0.4
KingofCamelot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 07:32 PM   #18
Cinders

Hey, send me a email or something to pass on to my friend, he's interested in helping out. You guys can do the handshaking stuff
Old 10-28-2006, 07:34 PM   #19
Cinders

PM me if you don't want it public, of course
Old 10-29-2006, 02:54 AM   #20
R@ge

Holy crap !!!

Much of the things you write about Cinders is awesome....

I sincerely hope you guys could work out some of thus ideas, and that this is not another example of "lots off big words and nothing else".

R@ge is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
designators, disables, fuel, laser, systems, tank