project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
24 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2011, 11:35 AM   #31
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to sweedensniiperr Send a message via Yahoo to sweedensniiperr Send a message via Skype™ to sweedensniiperr
Default Re: Insurgency Breakdown and Alteration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannes_Sbg View Post
What would be if Bluefors task is not to take out the cache, but to secure (meaning cap) a small area around the cache? This would prevent Bluefor from any of the above mentioned tactics to destroy it from distance, or by kamikaze attacks.
Yes, and for example they would get more tickets by doing that say 40 rather than 25 by destroying it. They can choose.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:46 PM   #32
spiked_rye

Quote:
Capping the Cache
I think Bluefor should have to secure the area around the cache. Imagin you found a massive weapon cache inside a city.

How could you implement this in Pr? We know "securing a area" from AAS and the flag system. What would be if Bluefors task is not to take out the cache, but to secure (meaning cap) a small area around the cache?
I like that idea alot, but could you not have Bluefor have to cap the area before the Cashe becomes destroyable?

Quote:
Lack of Squadplay
Cole started with the lacking teamplay in INS mode on Redfor side. I would add that Redfor needs incentives for playing in a squad.
I just had a good round as an insurgent, really good teamwork, SL knew what he was doing, everyone was on mumble, we defended several cashes and INS won the round. The one thing I would say was lacking was something for BLUEFOR to defend, say 2 well made and easy to defend checkpoints at road junctions. Give the INS something static to attack, you could maybe have them get intel tickets back like a reverse bleed if both checkpoints are down. Is that possible / a good idea?
spiked_rye is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:01 PM   #33
Killer2354

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiked_rye View Post
-snip-
I just had a good round as an insurgent, really good teamwork, SL knew what he was doing, everyone was on mumble, we defended several cashes and INS won the round. The one thing I would say was lacking was something for BLUEFOR to defend, say 2 well made and easy to defend checkpoints at road junctions. Give the INS something static to attack, you could maybe have them get intel tickets back like a reverse bleed if both checkpoints are down. Is that possible / a good idea?
We had a system like that a couple of versions back. It was discarded because both teams were focusing on the flag itself instead of trying to defend/ attack the weapons caches.
Killer2354 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:11 PM   #34
badmojo420
Supporting Member

Quote:
Capping the Cache
I wrote up a suggestion about exactly that 6 months ago, and it never made the suggestion section, so either it's impossible or the DEVs don't like the idea. If I had to guess, I imagine that the "flags"(cap zones) in BF2 can't be randomly spawned on caches in the middle of a round, rather they all have to be setup at the start of the round. But, that's just my guess.
badmojo420 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:12 AM   #35
Zoddom

I didnt read all of the first post, but i like the idea of removing the unknown caches, its exactly what i was thinking about some weeks ago!

if we only had one cache at a time, and the next one only appearing when this one has been destroyed, we would have a much more concentrated and teamplay oriented teamplay and rounds may either last much shorter or even longer but with much more action!

Zoddom is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 03:04 PM   #36
Mikemonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoddom View Post
I didnt read all of the first post, but i like the idea of removing the unknown caches, its exactly what i was thinking about some weeks ago!

That's a resuggestion I think, I couldn't find the original thread though but it was disallowed when I posted the idea.

Mikemonster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:20 PM   #37
Who Dares Wins

I agree with the suggestion, but my concern (somebody may have already posted this) is that with only a single - focused - objective all of that BLUFOR modern technology is going to come down like a hammer on the Insurgent forces who are going to be extremely hard pressed. I understand this is the point of Insurgency, but when it would pretty much be an 'Attack and Defend' I could see them getting overrun extremely quickly.

In-Game: OscarCharlieDelta
Ironicly my name isn't Oscar or Charlie...
Who Dares Wins is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:33 PM   #38
Sneak Attack

Send a message via MSN to Sneak Attack

It would be cool if the INS team could set up fake caches that blufor team would see on their map but wouldn't know which one is real or fake. Could make for some good ambushes and to help occupy blufor team away from the real cache for a while until they figured out that they have been fooled. I'm not sure how that could be done without making it obvious that one is fake (because it would randomly show up on their map even though the only cache on their map was the real one moments ago) and one is real.

I think that would help keep things diversified and make it so the entire INS team isn't sitting on one cache making it impossible to get while at the same time keeping the blufor team from wondering about in random buildings around the map looking for unknowns and ending the game before any real fight is put up. It would also help combat INS players spawning stupidly on unknown and giving them away. Because there is no "real" unknown they could spawn at the fake cache without ruining the game like they usually do.

Something needs to be done with civies and intell points too. To often do I get killed by the same player over and over when I am a civi and often when my entire squad is civi we will get killed by a few guys on blufor team over and over and over. Yet it seems to have no effect on how quickly they get intell for the next cache, they can gain points soooooo much faster then we can negate them. I dont want to make it so a couple civies getting killed will rid them of all their points but when an entire squad is killed 6 or 7 times that should hurt them alot more then it seems to.
Alot of blufor players seem to kill anything and rack up the spawn time but they dont care because they can just get up and make food or watch tv during their massive wait time. To stop this from happening I think that when a civi is wrongly killed the player that shot the civi should have their screen go dark for 20 seconds or something like that. It wouldnt kill them but it would put them out of the fight for a while and stop them from repeatedly killing civies and racking up a spawn time that is so long it allows them to do other things while they wait. I know its not the most realistic thing but I think it would work well.

Sneak Attack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:18 PM   #39
drs79
Supporting Member

Suggestion -
Add VIP transport mode again
Add a convoy mode - Convoy starts at Point A (Main base) and must travel to Point B (Which is a long distance away).
Lost outpost mode - A Outpost/Compound in the city is the objective for the opfor/ins team to capture/overrun and is first occupied by the US/Brits and must be held. - crates in place to build FOB/Emplacements - Limited time to spawn and then all other players will spawn at US Main where Armor, Air, Logi support assets are.

NYR
NYS EMT-B - Working in Yonkers NY which is a mix of Camden and Baltimore
TMFD Volunteer Firefighter
New York State Certified Hazardous Materials Technician

[/CENTER]
drs79 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:00 PM   #40
[R-CON]Psyrus
PR:BF2 Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmojo420 View Post
I wrote up a suggestion about exactly that 6 months ago, and it never made the suggestion section, so either it's impossible or the DEVs don't like the idea. If I had to guess, I imagine that the "flags"(cap zones) in BF2 can't be randomly spawned on caches in the middle of a round, rather they all have to be setup at the start of the round. But, that's just my guess.
Since they can already flag a # of players a X distance from the cache (such that spawning off it is disabled), I'm somewhat confident that they could create an invisible, dynamic object spawner with each cache that would damage the cache while the #+X player requirements were filled. So the end result is the same:

- No need for dynamic flags
- You still need to 'cap' the cache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
Removing the second unkown would lead to a situation, where you have one team defending all the time, with all its resources and the other team attacking. That does not sound very balanced.
Actually the scenario above seems far more balanced than one team struggling to keep the game going while 0-6 silly people are "giving away" free objectives to the blufor and ending the game prematurely.

brenn4n [My Hero]: I'm not going to fix it for Europeans because you have enough servers and because there's people in Australia and Japan that have always suffered with pings at least 240ms. This is their only opportunity to play PR at a more comfortable latency since nobody has ever thought of having one in LA like we do.

<3 FCV
[R-CON]Psyrus is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
alteration, breakdown, insurgency