project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
18 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2012, 07:35 AM   #101
illidur
Default Re: Insurgency Breakdown and Alteration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha.s9 View Post
Maybe the timer between getting the intel and the cache showing up for blufor should be lowered or removed to compliment this change.

I suspect this is the reason the next cache is always 5 minutes after the first, you are getting enough intel but you still have to wait for the cache to go blue.
correct, but i think we should keep the 5 minutes. its the time opfor get to travel to defend the real one if blufor haven't found its location yet. helicopters are fast
illidur is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:06 AM   #102
Alpha.s9

Quote:
Originally Posted by illidur View Post
correct, but i think we should keep the 5 minutes. its the time opfor get to travel to defend the real one if blufor haven't found its location yet. helicopters are fast
Well basically my point is that if every cache is giving up enough intel for the next one, we might want to look at the intel points required to reveal a cache. The way it is now it sounds like you could just put a 5 minute timer between blowing up the known and getting the marker for the next cache and get the same result.

Removing the timer between getting enough intel and getting a cache marker might make it easier to find a more balanced intel point "ratio", making the intel system a bigger part of insurgency than it apparently is now.

I guess the big question is whether or not we want one cache after another available for blufor to assault or if they should have to work a little harder to get the intel needed, thus "decentralizing" blufor during the times between cache markers as they attempt to gather enough intel to get a cache location.
Alpha.s9 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:12 PM   #103
ytman

INS needs a major reworking overall. I haven't gotten enough time with it yet but I think the current one cache test is a good interim.
ytman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:58 PM   #104
Alpha.s9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ytman View Post
INS needs a major reworking overall. I haven't gotten enough time with it yet but I think the current one cache test is a good interim.
I agree. I'm hoping these tests will spur some good conversation about INS changes, and possibly lead to that overhaul.
Alpha.s9 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:06 PM   #105
fabioxxxx

seeing pr dev cast and dev posts ... pr seems to be all about blufor...now even in close range they will have more advantage with the new scope system...
i would like to see a dev cast with the optimizations for the insurgency layer XP...
fabioxxxx is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:40 PM   #106
SShadowFox

Play as Insurgents have been meant to play as, that's how you win a round playing as Insurgent.

But people insist on facing the enemy, instead of making ambushes, so you'll never win that way because the enemy will have options for both close and distant combat in a single weapon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-DEV]Spec:The suggestion is not accepted, I merely wanted to comment.
[R-DEV]Spec: You shouldn't be surprised.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SShadowFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:50 PM   #107
B.Pronk(NL)
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SShadowFox View Post
Play as Insurgents have been meant to play as, that's how you win a round playing as Insurgent.

But people insist on facing the enemy, instead of making ambushes, so you'll never win that way because the enemy will have options for both close and distant combat in a single weapon.
With the current maps, glitches and vehicles ambushes can't prevent them from winning due to C4 rushers and other flaws in the game. I can't remember how many times we made a fortress and we still lost the cache due to a suicide C4 rush. The new IEDs might be a solution but from what I saw on the videos they can be easily spotted from a distance.

What I also like to see is to have the insurgents on the attacking side like I explained in my suggestion called "clear, secure, control."

You my friend need protection!
B.Pronk(NL) is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:01 PM   #108
SShadowFox

IEDs would be deadlier if their "placed" model was of a buried mine, showing only the top of it, just like in FH2.

I almost didn't got a LAV on Fallujah because the driver saw it, but as he was extremely smart, he passed beside the IED and I detonated it.

[R-DEV]Spec:The suggestion is not accepted, I merely wanted to comment.
[R-DEV]Spec: You shouldn't be surprised.

SShadowFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:37 AM   #109
ComradeHX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SShadowFox View Post

Does not help when BluFor is ghosting or just lucky in finding a cache on the other end of map from where you set up ambush.

ComradeHX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:56 PM   #110
Web_cole
PR Server License Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Web_cole Send a message via Skype™ to Web_cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabioxxxx View Post
seeing pr dev cast and dev posts ... pr seems to be all about blufor...now even in close range they will have more advantage with the new scope system...
Its utterly pointless to discuss "balance" in Insurgency when the gamemode is not Working as Intended. When Ins teams start caring about the objectives - the caches- more than chasing after Blufors for hundreds upon hundreds of meters, then a Balance Discussion makes sense.

For Aiur
Web_cole is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
alteration, breakdown, insurgency