project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
01 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2006, 03:21 PM   #11
Shining Arcanine
Default

I would like to see this added to PR.
Shining Arcanine is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 03:39 PM   #12
BrokenArrow
Retired PR Developer

BrokenArrow's Avatar
Default

I can attest to there definitely being bullet drop in PR, and having to compensate for it. In Muttrah city for example: try sniping with either of the scoped rifles on the map from the construction site crane to the dock crane. It is very noticable how you can aim directly at your target and see the dust and sparks fly around a foot and a half below him. Aim higher and what do you know? He goes down.

As for the accuracy in PR... it's pretty much straight on with the SPR. I would say that 95% of the time that I miss shooting at the dock crane, I see my round below the target. The other 5% is, in my opinion from firing too soon after my previous shot.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BrokenArrow is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 07:05 PM   #13
APoutwest
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-PUB]BrokenArrow
I can attest to there definitely being bullet drop in PR, and having to compensate for it. In Muttrah city for example: try sniping with either of the scoped rifles on the map from the construction site crane to the dock crane. It is very noticable how you can aim directly at your target and see the dust and sparks fly around a foot and a half below him. Aim higher and what do you know? He goes down.

As for the accuracy in PR... it's pretty much straight on with the SPR. I would say that 95% of the time that I miss shooting at the dock crane, I see my round below the target. The other 5% is, in my opinion from firing too soon after my previous shot.
...ok but i dont belive you i've taken hundreds of long range shot's and the majority of the time it was just luck.

I played rising conflicts for 5 minutes and figured out there was bullet drop why? because if i didnt compensate i missed...every time now i dont know much about code but i've played this game quite alot and I know what works and what doesnt. Compensating for bullet drop does not help me I hit some shots and miss some shots if bullet drop is signifcant and I fail to compensate I should mis EVERY shot but as is I hit mebe 40/60 that means one of two things either there is no bullet drop or the bullet variation is so massive that it doesnt matter.

I've yet to see anyone show me a video of bullet drop in bf2 or pr and that's why i continue to doubt it's signifcance. If I had fraps it would take me all of two seconds to show the bullet drop in this because it happens every single shot and it's awsome.
APoutwest is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 03:00 AM   #14
NikovK
Retired PR Developer

NikovK's Avatar
Default

Fire a tank's coax machine gun on a long view distance map and watch the tracers fall.

Mapper of Road to Kyongan'Ni and Hills of Hamgyong;
Genius behind many Really Stupid Ideas, and some Decent Ones.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
NikovK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 05:55 AM   #15
ArmedDrunk&Angry
Banned

ArmedDrunk&Angry's Avatar
Default

there is bullet drop to the tank's main gun round, so why wouldn't the rifle bullets drop as well?
Is it scaled to the map ? I don't think there is much bullet drop at 200m from a 7.62 round. I know guys have told me the super7mm magnum round is still rising at over 200m.
ArmedDrunk&Angry is offline Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
bullet, drop, put, significant
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:44 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin. ©vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All Content Copyright ©2004 - 2014, Project Reality.