project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > BlackSand Studios News
16 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BlackSand Studios News RSS newsfeed delivering the latest news from BlackSand Studios.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2011, 09:20 AM   #1
[R-DEV]prbot
PR DevBot - Do not send PM's
Supporting Member

Post CoH: Modern Combat Ingame Trailer 6

Welcome CoH: MC fans!
We know what you’ve been waiting for! Yes, we’re one week late, but it will all be worth it. Today we present you the update for August 2011.

But before we get to that part, we want to point out to people, who didn’t browse our homepage carefully to take a look at our completely finished unit pages. To make the waiting not as painful for you, we updated our database with the last missing entries since last saturday. This includes all the PLA infantry that were missing at the start. Now you might think, “PLA infantry?! I have only seen german substitutes for them until now”. That’s right, until now, but we finally were able to update the PLA soldiers to have a proper chinese look by giving them a new head model. So, if you want to see how they turned out and at the same time check their statistics, go visit the PLA unit pages on our homepage.

That’s it for the static part. We know you want action! And thus we have compiled a new trailer for you, that features a lot of unseen stuff. The footage was filmed on one of our WIP maps, so watch out for new environmental stuff, like cars, new buildings, etc.
Our other particularly noteworthy features are the new US Headquarters tent, new heavy machine gun teams, TOW emplacements, Chinese Infantry models, a skin update for the Type 82 Multi Rocket Launcher System and finally… an AH-64 Apache that wrecks havoc in the final scene! And to polish it up, the ambient audio sound is the new US background soundtrack, composed by Schuetzengraeber!

You’re all excited? I hope so, cause we are! Enjoy watching CoH: MC Trailer 6

Watch Trailer 6

As always we appreciate all kind of feedback! Make sure to check back on our homepage for future updates, we’ll keep them coming!
~ The CoH: MC Team

view original at blacksandstudio.com

More...
Old 09-05-2011, 11:36 AM   #2
Kassared
Default Re: CoH: Modern Combat Ingame Trailer 6

Stunning.. Looking forward to play this mod.
Also really nice done apache at the end, raping the havoc (?).
Old 09-05-2011, 12:24 PM   #3
MonkeySoldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassared View Post
Also really nice done apache at the end, raping the havoc (?).
Type 81 Multiple Launch Rocket System.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:35 AM   #4
[R-DEV]Nosferatu
PR:BF2 Developer

Send a message via ICQ to [R-DEV]Nosferatu

I know it's tricky question, but what is the "feeling" of each faction gameplay?
Does US Army gameplay "resembles" feeling of one from CoH?
What about PLA, it's gameplay close to "feeling" of Wermacht or Panzer Elite?
Old 09-07-2011, 09:41 AM   #5
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

I wonder, would it not be more realistic, and just more interesting to have most of the soldiers firing semi auto? Or is there a selector that lets you choose auto and semi?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Very busy IRL at this time, do not be suprised if I don't reply to PMs for prolonged periods.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:44 AM   #6
MonkeySoldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Nosferatu View Post
I know it's tricky question, but what is the "feeling" of each faction gameplay?
Well, don't pin me on the exact words, as they are my feeling of it. Roughly seen, I would call the U.S. Army a modern version of the US in VCoH. Versatile units such as the Riflemen and the Stryker can be upgraded with several upgrades, such as the M249, AT4 or M203 for Riflemen, or the FSV (.50 cal) or MGS (105mm) upgrade for the Stryker. Mobile, flexible units, while the basebuilding system makes it even easier for the player to build anywhere in controlled territory.

The PLA, again roughly, would I compare with Wehr. Cheaper unit such as Militia useful for short-range engagements, although can be upgraded to improve long-range effectiveness.
A wider range of different units are available to the PLA, as they're more specialized on a specific task. Tankhunters are effective anti tank support against Strykers, and anything that's lighter armoured. For Bradley a combination of Tankhunters and Anti Tank Gun or Type 59D Tank or PF98 more effective.

In short, the US has it's flexibility in it's relatively few versatile and effective units. The PLA has more specialized units, but noticed myself that it definately doesn't go at the cost of flexibility, as you have a wider choice of units to get the job done.

Everything, both the non-doctrinal layout as the doctrines are build from the ground up, so it's not a 1:1 copy, and you will see influences from vanilla factions as well as new things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rudd View Post
I wonder, would it not be more realistic, and just more interesting to have most of the soldiers firing semi auto? Or is there a selector that lets you choose auto and semi?
The M4 and M16 both shoot in burst configuration, which satisfied our balancing needs, as well as keeping it authentic. There is no selector for firing mode, although the "War Cry" ability from Close Area Combat doctrine temporarily improves rate of fire. We do have a selector for the Javelin squad, to select between horizontal and vertical fire.

Old 09-07-2011, 12:14 PM   #7
[R-DEV]AfterDune
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

That trailer was full of win! Really well done guys, I can't wait for it to be released, so we can all play and enjoy it .

Old 09-07-2011, 01:03 PM   #8
OnkelSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Nosferatu View Post
If you want to get a rough feeling of our goals for each faction and also their general style, i'd like to forward you to the interview i had with a Relic Dev. It's quite detailed on those aspects. You can find it on the official CoH homepage

Verify your age - Company of Heroes

Old 09-08-2011, 02:11 PM   #9
[R-DEV]Amok@ndy
PR:BF2 Comm Faction Lead
PR Server License Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]Amok@ndy

yeah AD this is the most interesting mod i have heard of for CoH
i hope you will release atleast a beta really soon

Closed Thread