project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Squad Leader Tactics
16 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2007, 08:10 AM   #11
Kruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by caboose

5. Flying is hard at the best of times. Good helicopter pilots will practice flying on empty servers, doing things like fantailing (very hard in blackhawks), familliarization with terrain, slow/ fast gunship orbiting, low altitude insertion/ exfiltration, memorizing AA positions, AA break evasion, and general handling. This takes hours upon hours of practice. But even the best pilots will crash due to lag, miscommunication, pilot error, ambush, or just battle damage. If your are shot down, don't start mouthing off, despite the pilot probably deserving it, just laugh it off and take the boat, or just wait for a new chopper. If flying were easy, I probably wouldn't have to practice. Believe me, nothing is worse than grumbling pasengers. And if you find yourself ready to flame, just remember, we have parachutes, you don't...
SO true
I must also add if you are manning minigun stop shooting with it for no reason,it is really annoying...
Kruder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 02:54 PM   #12
106th SOAR pliot

lol whats that movie called *Black hawk Down* yeah thats it...no we have a BHD lol

98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that isn't an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Join PR Foo
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sniper 4 life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawz
Thats not English language, one is dyslexia, another is lack of proper education in reading, writing and grammar rules.
106th SOAR pliot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 03:28 PM   #13
Spaz
Supporting Member

hahahhahhahah "Hey, I just rememberd what that movie was called"

Good guide

Spaz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 04:22 PM   #14
[R-MOD]Dunehunter
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to [R-MOD]Dunehunter

2 more points: Under no circumstances fire any of the onboard guns "for fun". Actually, just don't fire while you're onboard a chopter, unless you're doing Airborne Tankbusting, and the pilot knows this. It is really hard to hit anything, and it draws attention, which you don't want.

Secondly, as soon as you bail out, go prone. Please try to avoid getting teamkilled.

Oh, btw, one final thing. Don't bail out of seat number 7 on the PLA cow.

And, actually, one more thing. You will take almost no damage when falling into the water, even from a really high altitude. So it is possible for a chopper to hover over a river in the grey area, where he can't be seen, and for the people to then bail out without starting to bleed, if they manage to hit the water (remember, you can steer yourself, even while not using a parachute)
[R-MOD]Dunehunter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 05:23 PM   #15
Masaq
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Masaq

Actually I'm gunna go WAY out on a limb and say:

Passengers *should* fire the miniguns/HMGs, just the once, per ride:

As soon as you get in, fire a SHORT (1s or less) burst, so you familiarise yourself with the gun's firing position- no crosshair, so should a genuine target show itself you need to know roughly where your shots will be going.

After that (or if you've ridden in the #2 or #3 positions enough and know the aimpoint of the gun), keep off the damn things until you see a target you can kill.

"That's how it starts, Mas, with that warm happy feeling inside. Pretty soon you're rocking in the corner, a full grown dog addict, wondering where your next St Bernand is coming from..." - IAJTHOMAS
"Did they say what he's angry about?" asked Annette Mitchell, 77, of the district, stranded after seeing a double feature of "Piranha 3D" and "The Last Exorcism." -

Masaq is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 05:28 PM   #16
Ace42
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ace42

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-PUB]Masaq
After that (or if you've ridden in the #2 or #3 positions enough and know the aimpoint of the gun), keep off the damn things until you see a target you can kill.
Damn straight. It's hard to hit things whilst moving, but those guns are too lethal to be wasted doing nothing if you see a squad in your sights. I've had my whole squad greased by a BH on its way to a flag.
Ace42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 05:44 PM   #17
[R-MOD]Dunehunter
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to [R-MOD]Dunehunter

Hm, yes, best way appears to be to draw a horizontal line, and hope for the wall of lead to scythe some of them down.
[R-MOD]Dunehunter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 10:47 PM   #18
CAS_117

I took a sniper rifle and put a red dot on the cross hairs with a marker. Its the Crayola combat optical red dot sight!
CAS_117 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 06:12 AM   #19
Red Halibut
Supporting Member

...and you don't feel cheap doing that?

Sorry Caboose, but doing that gives you a reference point even when you are firing from the hip and that's just not realistic. It isn't "cheating" per se, but it certainly isn't playing fair. Do yourself a favour and lose the monitor dot.

"It is not the responsibility of a defender to leave the objective unguarded just so his opponent sucks less."
Red Halibut is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 10:21 AM   #20
Masaq
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Masaq

Just set your monitor up so the centre of the screen is where your eyes naturally fall... Obliviates any need for low-down monitor-dotting, and makes blind-sighting things like .50 cals and the BH miniguns much easier.

I find in proper, close, CQB, I'm usually the guy who comes out standing upright. I put it down to a) picking up kits with heavier rounds (yay for G3!) when I can, b) Switching to 3-rnd or FA whenever I'm expecting CQB, and c) having the centre of my screen at eye-height.

Still have probs getting mounted weapons "just so" though.

"That's how it starts, Mas, with that warm happy feeling inside. Pretty soon you're rocking in the corner, a full grown dog addict, wondering where your next St Bernand is coming from..." - IAJTHOMAS
"Did they say what he's angry about?" asked Annette Mitchell, 77, of the district, stranded after seeing a double feature of "Piranha 3D" and "The Last Exorcism." -

Masaq is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
heli, hot, manners