project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Aircraft Tactics
02 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2009, 09:43 AM   #71
Duma

Default Re: Helicopter and Jet flying, Joystick or Mouse..

If using a joystick, pitch and roll are reversed when 'negative throttle' is selected (ie helicopter is trying to descend). Hence to roll a toppling helicopter upright, you select moderate negative throttle and move the stick away from the direction you want it to roll. Really wierd stuff.
Duma is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:10 PM   #72
McBumLuv

It's not unique to joysticks, but is a problem in general with the inverted controls.

However joysticks allow you to set a fixed incremental rate of negative thrust, unlike simply taping "S"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

McBumLuv is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:49 PM   #73
CHUGGA-CHUGGA

Hm.. whenever im about to topple a chopper i just put full negative thrust-- does the trick-

ive even righted a chopper that was fully upside down- on its blades.

"Where to mate- " Visit me on an Aussie Pr server (GSA BigD, Game Arena)- im 0.CHUGGA.CHUGGA.0

CHUGGA-CHUGGA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 04:38 PM   #74
Dobson

Meh Joystick, Mouse and keyboard are just as good as each other. I choose joystick because i can use it for longer. But my secret to becoming the best pilot in PR is just to simply don a pair of Aviator Sunglasses and put Highway To The Danger zone on at full blast in the background and then no missile will ever hit you becuase you radiate an EPIC WIN sheild .

Dobson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 03:51 AM   #75
CHUGGA-CHUGGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobson View Post
Meh Joystick, Mouse and keyboard are just as good as each other. I choose joystick because i can use it for longer. But my secret to becoming the best pilot in PR is just to simply don a pair of Aviator Sunglasses and put Highway To The Danger zone on at full blast in the background and then no missile will ever hit you becuase you radiate an EPIC WIN sheild .

Aha yeh thats great- I was thinking about playing that flight of the Valkyrie song over Local Mumble as i fly in in da hueys

"Where to mate- " Visit me on an Aussie Pr server (GSA BigD, Game Arena)- im 0.CHUGGA.CHUGGA.0

Old 07-15-2009, 07:24 AM   #76
Dobson

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHUGGA-CHUGGA View Post
Aha yeh thats great- I was thinking about playing that flight of the Valkyrie song over Local Mumble as i fly in in da hueys
I am so going to do that the next time i play on Operation Baracuda Ahh sweet sweet memories of Battlefield vietnam.

Old 07-15-2009, 08:35 AM   #77
CHUGGA-CHUGGA

Yeh, whats that movie? the one with the Hueys?

Old 07-15-2009, 09:15 AM   #78
Dobson

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHUGGA-CHUGGA View Post
Yeh, whats that movie? the one with the Hueys?
Its called Apocalypse Now. The scene with those hueys is in my sig (But made funnier).

YouTube - Apocalypse Now - Helicopter Attack- Kilgore

Old 07-15-2009, 10:17 AM   #79
MaxBooZe
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to MaxBooZe

I started off with Keyboard only, now Its Keyboard + mouse for Helos, Jets are joystick.

I pretty much agree with Smee and Nickbond..

MaxBooZe is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:26 PM   #80
CHUGGA-CHUGGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobson View Post
Its called Apocalypse Now. The scene with those hueys is in my sig (But made funnier).

YouTube - Apocalypse Now - Helicopter Attack- Kilgore
Ah COOL- Yeh i remember now- havent seen the movie (bit before my time) But i have seen the youtube vids etc. Wow cool- How do u get a animated sig? dont think it will let me.

Tags
flying, helicopter, jet, joystick, mouse