project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Aircraft Tactics
27 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2010, 12:29 AM   #111
CHUGGA-CHUGGA

Default Re: Helicopter and Jet flying, Joystick or Mouse..

UPDATE:

Got a Logitech Flight System g490 :

YouTube Video

with forcefeedback,

pedals and throttle.

Had a few problems setting it up, finally got it all working, execpt force feedback seeing bf2 is pretty old it doesnt have support for it :

Only problem is, for the pedals to work,, they have to emulate D and A buttons so its either full left or full right...

which can be problematic when trying to manouver a chopper or a jet on the runway.

Another problem is theres no real spring in the stick, and without the FFB its pretty limp which makes it hard to fly.

Its a great stick, works amazingly witht FSX and LOMAC IL2- but not so with BF2

"Where to mate- " Visit me on an Aussie Pr server (GSA BigD, Game Arena)- im 0.CHUGGA.CHUGGA.0

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by CHUGGA-CHUGGA; 02-20-2010 at 12:42 AM..
Old 02-20-2010, 07:11 PM   #112
LUKE_NUKE_EM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHUGGA-CHUGGA View Post
UPDATE:

Got a Logitech Flight System g490 :

YouTube Video

with forcefeedback,

pedals and throttle.

Had a few problems setting it up, finally got it all working, execpt force feedback seeing bf2 is pretty old it doesnt have support for it :

Only problem is, for the pedals to work,, they have to emulate D and A buttons so its either full left or full right...

which can be problematic when trying to manouver a chopper or a jet on the runway.

Another problem is theres no real spring in the stick, and without the FFB its pretty limp which makes it hard to fly.

Its a great stick, works amazingly witht FSX and LOMAC IL2- but not so with BF2

Wow, I just bought a Saitek x52 and I'm jealous of that setup!

How much was it?

The Saitek x52 is great, my only complaint would be that the spring is just a little too weak, and there is not enough resistance. But once you get used to it, it's pretty nice.

The Multi Function Display Screen is pretty useful too.

It only cost 100$ at bestbuy, IDK if they have those in the rest of the world, but whatever.

I need to buy pedals now for the simulator.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
LUKE_NUKE_EM is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 07:36 PM   #113
CHUGGA-CHUGGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUKE_NUKE_EM View Post
Wow, I just bought a Saitek x52 and I'm jealous of that setup!

How much was it?

The Saitek x52 is great, my only complaint would be that the spring is just a little too weak, and there is not enough resistance. But once you get used to it, it's pretty nice.

The Multi Function Display Screen is pretty useful too.

It only cost 100$ at bestbuy, IDK if they have those in the rest of the world, but whatever.

I need to buy pedals now for the simulator.
Wow, nice setup!! I was seriously looking at getting the x52, i love the LEDs and the Fighter plane look!! But i had heard reviews of the spring being too soft etc, and i previously owned a saitek joystick similar, so i decided not to go for it and ened up geting a 4x more expensive joystick!! ... i dont know wether its better or worse.. it was around AU$400 -- maybe US$360 ?

But then again, it is very well built, heavy! and has precision instruments and force feedback, but its a very new product so theres still some software issues that need ironing out.

Hey, it was fun playing on that training server with you before !! I ended up geting banned last night - some weird TK ? anyway it was only temp like yours

Cya later.

"Where to mate- " Visit me on an Aussie Pr server (GSA BigD, Game Arena)- im 0.CHUGGA.CHUGGA.0

CHUGGA-CHUGGA is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
flying, helicopter, jet, joystick, mouse