project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Aircraft Tactics
25 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2009, 08:44 PM   #91
Alex6714

Default Re: Helicopter and Jet flying, Joystick or Mouse..

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHUGGA-CHUGGA View Post

and you mean ever by every dont you?
Yes.

Quote:
The physics in Pr ARE limited by the BF2 engine and the size of the maps!, for what Vanilla flying use to be like, PR is a BIG step forward in the aircraft industry.

To a certain extent yes but using that definition the vanilla ones are also realistic, but limited by map size and view distance... Ie, vanilla ones may turn faster and go slower, but they are also on smaller maps and lower view distances, so in that sense, the vanilla jets are more realistic.

PR has higher view distances and bigger maps therefor to achieve a similar balance of realism they go faster and turn slower etc but that doesn´t mean they are more realistic overall. Better yes I agree.

"Today's forecast calls for 30mm HE rain with a slight chance of hellfires"

"oh, they're fire and forget all right...they're fired then they forget where the target is"
Alex6714 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:27 PM   #92
CHUGGA-CHUGGA

Also the helicopters (i'm mainly talking about) in Pr are more realistic to me than BF2 because they;re like flying a balloon in BF2 - hope you could understand that analogy.

And also the jets in BF2 can pretty much takeoff in 50m :/

"Where to mate- " Visit me on an Aussie Pr server (GSA BigD, Game Arena)- im 0.CHUGGA.CHUGGA.0

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CHUGGA-CHUGGA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:14 AM   #93
Zoddom

Quote:
Also the helicopters (i'm mainly talking about) in Pr are more realistic to me than BF2 because they;re like flying a balloon in BF2 - hope you could understand that analogy.

And also the jets in BF2 can pretty much takeoff in 50m :/
well i never played choppers with joystick in bf2 and ive never played heli-sims.
i was only talking about the flight-physics of the jets.
the controls in bf2 and pr are so arcarde if you compare it with lock on (only played it and IL2 but this only with keybaord), p.e. you cant make fast turns and if you want to slow down it takes damn long even if you fly sharp turns, you dont lose enough speed. also if you (...?) pull up (...pull the joystick towards you i mean) and then fly straight up, your angle wont change in PR, thats really annoying when you do a gunstrafe with A-10 because it takes so long untill you really fly straight towards your target.
sry if you dont understand what i mean i cant express myself well

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Zoddom is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:12 PM   #94
CHUGGA-CHUGGA

NO i can understand you,

Hmm yes... but i head one time ingame that there is a possible "project reality" retail game comming out from the makers of this mod! so the physics and situations will actualy suit PR this time!!

Yipee

Hope it does all come along. I'd buy it!

"Where to mate- " Visit me on an Aussie Pr server (GSA BigD, Game Arena)- im 0.CHUGGA.CHUGGA.0

Old 09-13-2009, 10:11 AM   #95
TGT

I think Jet is the best with Joystick (for me).
My Thrustmaster just flips out with chopper :S
Mouse is the best for Helo (for me).
Otherwise, in FSX joystick works much better with Helo :S

Nobody can win a war in his own, that's why we stand together!

TGT is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 03:38 AM   #96
CHUGGA-CHUGGA

I find it confusing why people don't use the joystick ingame, the helicopter flight is like FSX, but just handles more like a fixed wing aircraft-- Even more a reason to fly with JS.

Old 09-14-2009, 05:51 AM   #97
Alex6714

Quote:
I find it confusing why people don't use the joystick ingame, the helicopter flight is like FSX, but just handles more like a fixed wing aircraft-- Even more a reason to fly with JS.
I wouldn´t say its like FSX at all.

"Today's forecast calls for 30mm HE rain with a slight chance of hellfires"

"oh, they're fire and forget all right...they're fired then they forget where the target is"
Alex6714 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:31 AM   #98
CHUGGA-CHUGGA

SIMILAR! THE CHOPPER GOES UP- DOWN-FORWARDS-BACKWARDS-LOOP D LOOPS

What more than you want?

If u get down into the nitty gritty- yes its different

But so i a sponge from a sponge.

Old 09-19-2009, 07:35 PM   #99
Nemus

Well, the chopper goes up-down-forward-backwards in "Grand Theft Auto San Andreas" too.

I agree with Alex here. FSX has very realistic flying dynamics. Every combat helo sim i played untill now (Vietnam Medevac, Whirlwind over Vietnam, Enemy Engaged, Blackshark) has not flying dynamics like FSX.
You spend all you time and concentration just to fly the helicopter. Not even think to blow up something.
Nemus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 08:18 PM   #100
paratrooper[BG]

Send a message via Skype™ to paratrooper[BG]

keyboard rulzzz
chopa- keyboard
jet-keyboard
cant fly jet with mouse ot joystick for me keyboard is king
paratrooper[BG] is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
flying, helicopter, jet, joystick, mouse