project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Aircraft Tactics
22 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2009, 04:17 PM   #11
Ace42
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ace42
Default Re: Helicopter Takeoff

Double check your joystick is properly calibrated in vBF2. I had to clear my settings in vBF2 to fix some PR issues, and of course it wiped my controls. When I tried to take off a huey full of a squad, assuming I had correctly remapped my controls, I found left and right were reversed and the more I tried to pull to the left to correct the banking, it rolled to the right. Not pretty.
Ace42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:23 PM   #12
[R-CON]Tomato-Rifle
PR:BF2 Contributor

Send a message via MSN to [R-CON]Tomato-Rifle Send a message via Skype™ to [R-CON]Tomato-Rifle

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Mongolian_dude View Post
Huey is a little FUBAR.

Wait 50 seconds for the huey to wind up. Even then, be weary, soldier..

...mongol...
The huey is the greatest heli in the mod!

atleast in my opinion, i think it handles great, but others dont think so.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-CON]Tomato-Rifle is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:29 PM   #13
TJ-XRL

heres an idea go on a traing server e.g. batelforce and ask for someone to help u fly a chopper

I am back to play pr fly choppers and hopefully join tordiments i am back and i am ready to play
TJ-XRL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:36 PM   #14
Hitman.2.5

Oh lol, its not your fault you didnt read the manual not enough people told you on the server XD

Really this thread needs a sticky for the manual

Derpist
Hitman.2.5 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:15 AM   #15
7g23

How do I delete this post?
7g23 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:17 AM   #16
7g23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomato_With_A_Rifle View Post
This even saved my when i cought on a tree while flying a huey on barracuda i got cought on a tree and turn all the way upside down but then i just pressed S and i got right back up.
The reverse throttle button (default S) is one of the only undo buttons in the game. One time I dropped off a sniper in the mountains on Muttrah City and got my littlebird stuck on the side of the mountain, all I had to do was reverse throttle until my littlebird reached the crest of the mountian then I took off and made it back to the carrier alive.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

This is the line: you cross it = you die
7g23 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 03:08 AM   #17
Welshboy

Send a message via Skype™ to Welshboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomato_With_A_Rifle View Post
The huey is the greatest heli in the mod!

atleast in my opinion, i think it handles great, but others dont think so.

It's got a bugged startup time.

Welshboy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:50 PM   #18
Cpl.Small

Send a message via MSN to Cpl.Small

yer you have to sit there for bloody ages and even then it takes off very slowly, I find circling for a bit to warm up the rotors is the best thing to do.

Cpl.Small is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:19 AM   #19
SgtFailure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshboy View Post
It's got a bugged startup time.
Yea thats bad, but i think that the huey is the most fun to pilot especially low and fast, its quite agile IMO, hovering is also harder than most other choppers IMO. But nothing is perfect right? there are tend to be setbacks for each helicopter ingame.

And Project Reality is all about patience anyway, a minute of waiting might be irritating when enemies are shooting at you, but when your safe on a carrier, why not wait instead of rushing into action and dying with the helicopter serving little or no effort to win the game. Its not like the huey is bugged to an extent that it blew up on takeoff...

When you see a house land on somebody and they're still kicking, you know something is wrong
SgtFailure is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 06:07 PM   #20
GrimSoldier

Yea just wait 30+ seconds and then use 100% throttle.

In Game Name - Gr1mSoldier
GrimSoldier is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
helicopter, takeoff