project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Aircraft Tactics
19 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2008, 06:22 AM   #1
Blitz.ph

Default Tornado co pilot

Hey guys
i was just wondering, how do you use the weapons the co pilot uses in the tornado?

we jus cant figure out how to use it, even with lasing
Blitz.ph is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:48 AM   #2
Cptkanito

Send a message via MSN to Cptkanito
Default Re: Tornado co pilot

Basically you select the weapons like you do with the Chopper copilots with the number buttons (or 'F' Key).

1 is freelook, same as choppers,
2 is lazer guided missiles (same technique as A10)
3 is the LGB's (Laser Guided Bombs). Make sure you and the pilot have good communication, because you will need to chat to each other all the time to locate targets that have been lazered.

For the laser guided missiles you tell the pilot to fly at the lasered target then lock, fire using LMB and forget and boom target destroyed.

LGB's are a bit more difficult but easily done. Tell the pilot to fly at the lazer target from height (for dive bomb) or above the target at about 800 BFUnit Height. The when you here "I've got lock!" from your radio, release the angel of death. Should be dead, but get someone to confirm for you.

Also it is best that the copilot is the squadleader, so they can talk to the commander and use the attack orders to locate targets for the tornado pilot...

Good luck with it...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cptkanito is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 08:51 PM   #3
Hitman.2.5

as my Friend Kanito has stated you need your pilot to Fly towards the laser marker or mayby a degree off target, say your goning to usethe brimstone(maverick)Laser guided missile you need your Pilot to fly at 300-400 feet and stay at a constant height inbetween 300-400 feet then you will get the lock and release and the missile should practicly come down straight on top of it.

now for the bombs what kanito said was right on but if your pilot flies at a constant of 700-800 you can do it just as well, keeping almost out of sight of the enemy AA, but make sure you release the bomb in time one second late and its a miss.

Derpist
Hitman.2.5 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:30 PM   #4
Spuz36

Haven't tried the Tornado in .85 yet, but in .8, the missile will lock, you get a verbal confirmation and the icon changes. The one time I used the Mav it seemed to travel straight for a distance before turning on the target. When I fired it i was like 'Oh Noezz!' Then boom!

Also have to make sure the Laser'er is lasing properly

Spuz36 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:50 AM   #5
McBumLuv

Errm, got some news from the changes to pr 0.85:

1. Freeview - same as "1" in choppers (kanito got this right)
  2. Laser Guided Missiles - Manually guided like the "3rd" weapon in choppers.
  3. Laser Guided Missiles - Laser targeted as the "4th" weapon on choppers. Fire and Forget.
  4. Laser Guided Bombs - Manually guided (make sure to stay HIGH, anything less than 200-300 feet won't allow enough time to deploy it/distance the ordinance between you and the explosion)
  5. Laser Guided Bombs- Laser Targeted, Fire and Forget.
Hope this helps, just make sure you clear it up with your pilot to fly in a STRAIGHT LINEAR LINE to the target without a lase, as it is neer impossible to send an accurate munition anywhere on a shaky camera, just don't forget to tell him/her to bail out of the area of course at the sign of any danger.

McBumLuv is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:13 AM   #6
Cptkanito

Send a message via MSN to Cptkanito

Ye i found this out and was like WTF?! why wasn't this on the change log?!

Cptkanito is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 11:02 AM   #7
McBumLuv

Yea, and the HUD doesn't give out many clues, either

But it's nice to know, eh?

Old 02-06-2009, 11:46 AM   #8
Alex6714

It is using the cobra hud atm, because none other was ready, so its not quite right.

"Today's forecast calls for 30mm HE rain with a slight chance of hellfires"

"oh, they're fire and forget all right...they're fired then they forget where the target is"
Alex6714 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 05:05 PM   #9
McBumLuv

Yea, i noticed that

And I guess the coding is the same for the Chinese two-seat nbomber, right? I haven't tested that, I'm just guessing, but does it also use the cobra HUD, or some other one?

Old 02-06-2009, 05:45 PM   #10
Alex6714

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLuv View Post
Yea, i noticed that

And I guess the coding is the same for the Chinese two-seat nbomber, right? I haven't tested that, I'm just guessing, but does it also use the cobra HUD, or some other one?
Iirc the coding is the same, but canĀ“t confirm it and as far as I know it uses the cobra hud also.

"Today's forecast calls for 30mm HE rain with a slight chance of hellfires"

"oh, they're fire and forget all right...they're fired then they forget where the target is"
Alex6714 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
pilot, tornado