project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Infantry Tactics
17 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2010, 12:48 PM   #11
gazzthompson

Default Re: Lone wolf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex6714 View Post
1 lone wolf who communicates with me >>> 2 whole squads who don´t.
well, maybe not 2 whole squads as intelligent SLs can play off the other squads actions to cover for them, but i see your point.

Intel is everything, i guess lone wolfing with the intent of helping the team (a small amount of lone wolfer's) isnt to bad.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

gazzthompson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:25 PM   #12
evya

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzthompson View Post
well, maybe not 2 whole squads as intelligent SLs can play off the other squads actions to cover for them, but i see your point.

Intel is everything, i guess lone wolfing with the intent of helping the team (a small amount of lone wolfer's) isnt to bad.
thats what the sniper kit suppose to do, and if you do it, I wont call you lonewolf, but recon.
evya is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:39 PM   #13
gazzthompson

you can "recon" with any kit.

gazzthompson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 02:10 PM   #14
HunterMed
Supporting Member

from time to time I play alone too.
usually if all squads are full or locked (happens way too often imo, too bad T&T isnt populated that often when I play).

I dont open squads often when only "the rest" is left and there are already 3 or 2 voip squads. why?
most of the time I get people who dont want to teamplay but request kits and leave the squad or stay in the squad and just lonewolf anyway

Lonewolfs can be useful just as any squadmember. Depends on the lonewolf. For me lonewolf doesnt mean you run around on the other side of the map alone and try to be "sneaky".
Lonewolfs can defend flags when, again, 3 clan or voip squads attack an objective and leave defence wide open.

Lonewolf can also mean to be right next to a squad and give ammo or something. Bad thing of course is that usually the squad never returns the favor.
Medics dont heal you, ammo people dont hand you ammo or field dressings...

In conclusion I only lonewolf if there are no decent squads, only full squads and too few or lousy people to get a decent squad going. I often end up lonewolfing as SL because there are already some squads and nobody joins VOIP ENG 3 or something

HunterMed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 02:27 PM   #15
goguapsy

I Won't lie, sometimes I'm just not in the mood to follow (or relay) orders to other people. I just want to walk 100 miles to the enemy FOB take it out and get killed 5 seconds after that.

This is not sarcasm, it is actually very fun. Sometimes you can actually blow up the only FOB that the enemy is using as their spearhead FOB...

Guys, when a new player comes, just answer his question and go on your merry way, instead of going berserk! It's THAT simple!

[/CENTER]
goguapsy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 02:41 PM   #16
Herbiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzthompson View Post
you can "recon" with any kit.
Very true, all you need is an officer and you can do just as much recon as a sniper.

Herbiie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 02:47 PM   #17
burghUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbiie View Post
Very true, all you need is an officer and you can do just as much recon as a sniper.

But you don't have the ability to take out key targets with ease should the need arise.

If I don't make it , tell my wife i said "hello".
burghUK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 03:49 PM   #18
Herbiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crAck_sh0t View Post
But you don't have the ability to take out key targets with ease should the need arise.
Which is not the Role of a Recon element now is it?

Recon is for looking at people and telling your team about it.

Old 01-28-2010, 03:56 PM   #19
burghUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbiie View Post
Which is not the Role of a Recon element now is it?

Recon is for looking at people and telling your team about it.

Well , next time the pathfinders go out on a mission in afghanistan we best tell them not to shoot back.

If I don't make it , tell my wife i said "hello".
burghUK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 03:59 PM   #20
Herbiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crAck_sh0t View Post
Well , next time the pathfinders go out on a mission in afghanistan we best tell them not to shoot back.
Erm... if you're being shot at first then a sniper rifle isn't the best weapon to have, and assault rifle is.

It's not as if the officer is unarmed?

You said taking out Key Targets - THAT'S NOT RECON. When you're recon you shouldn't be firing unless you're forced too - and if you are contacted it'll be assault rifle range not Sniper range.

Tags
lone, wolf