project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.6 Feedback Forum
26 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR v0.6 Feedback Forum Feedback specifically on Project Reality v0.6.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2007, 12:12 AM   #21
Sabre_tooth_tigger

While we're talkign about RPG. Earlier on basra I found the ammo cache werent spawning RPG after I took one from the pile, isnt that supposed to be how it work?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:00 AM   #22
[predaeus]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre_tooth_tigger View Post
While we're talkign about RPG. Earlier on basra I found the ammo cache werent spawning RPG after I took one from the pile, isnt that supposed to be how it work?
I've mostly seen servers that don't respawn RPGs and Strelas and so on. Which is quite cool and the way I think it should stay (the operators will have to be backed up by ammo guys and so on).

But I've also played on a server once where all these weapons were respawning very fast. It was like a rocket arena, no fun.

Is that a server hack or is that a config option?
Old 09-21-2007, 11:51 AM   #23
Winterfrost

from what I experianced, the RPGs respawn after the kit is dropped for a time I would pick up the RPG kit then use it drop it or die then come back for it knowing it would be in the same cache in about 45 seconds after I die
Old 09-22-2007, 12:31 PM   #24
Sabre_tooth_tigger

Ok I read it wrong then. I thought it kept respawning more and more kits, I guess that makes more sense.

Only 1 kit per cache

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:23 PM   #25
Soulja

Send a message via MSN to Soulja

Dunno if someone already mentioned it but Heavy AT cant be complained about because 0.7 is supposedly going to have a working Javelin which cant be used as Anti-Personnel technically.

In Game Name: Linelor
X-Fire User: ogikarma
Old 10-23-2007, 04:44 PM   #26
Jaymz
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulja View Post
Dunno if someone already mentioned it but Heavy AT cant be complained about because 0.7 is supposedly going to have a working Javelin which cant be used as Anti-Personnel technically.
Don't hold your breath on the Javelin....

However, handling of H-AT weapons will be more complex and won't allow for the current pop-up and shoot tactics.

"Clear the battlefield and let me see, All the profit from our victory." - Greg Lake
Old 10-29-2007, 03:03 AM   #27
Pvt_Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Jaymz View Post
Don't hold your breath on the Javelin....

However, handling of H-AT weapons will be more complex and won't allow for the current pop-up and shoot tactics.
Vehicle only, guided HATs sounds great.

You devs probably already thought of this, but isn't their a setting in the tweak files that makes a weapon more accurate over time? That when you first pull it out/reload it has one accuracy, and after you hold still for a while it becomes a different accuracy.

I'm pretty sure I saw that somewhere; likely for a grenade launcher. That would be the perfect solution for LATs (IMHO). You can fire them within 1-2secs, but your accuracy would be horrendously horrible unless you waited another 10 seconds (to steady the weapon).

I noticed that in AIX, they managed to make IR markers for the F-117. Will the SOFLAM/SIMRAD eventually get that function? (Ive seen the commented out code) While it could lead to abuse of HATs, it would also lead to better Air Support (marking targets)

PR is a great game -- Thanks.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:12 PM   #28
Waaah_Wah
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfrost View Post
I've been playing ALOT of PR since .02 as bluefrog or lynx and I love what's been done to the tanks in.06 but the infantry countermeasure to the tank is just unfair and unrealistic to both the tank and the infantry heres a video of the sraw's capability:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=1
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=1

and here's a list of problems and possible solutions

1: infantry are unrealistically able to stand up and fire at vehicles then go prone to get to cover

solution: require infantry to spend 2-3 seconds to lock on to a heat source of a vehicle

You cant pop up, shoot and duck so fast that ppl wont be able to hit you. You still need to guide the missile.

2 heavy AT being used as an anti infantry weapon
solutions:
A:teach the china mec and (maybe) insurgent armies how to properly aim a pistol so the ironsight is in the center of the screen.

If someone is using HAT as anti inf weapon, get a sniper/marksman to pick him off while hes aiming. 1-3 sec are enough to take him down.

B: lower the arming time of the missile to 10 or 15 seconds so people would be more willing to switch to a pistol

If i see a guy shooting at me, i will do everything i can to kill him before he kills me. I always walk with my HAT launcher ecuipped, so an APC/Tank wont catch me offguard.

C: create missile anti-tank (predator) and missile anti-material(mpv) kitclasses (mpv) MPV deals lots of damage explosive damage but moderate anti tank damage the predator doesn't do as much infantry killing explosive damage but is able effectivly kill tanks by aiming above them (maybe this can be done by putting a heat box over a tank and when the missile collides with the heat box the tank takes massive damage

Standard HAR kits work good enough. DEV's would also have to create something similar for other factions

D: instead of having a missile AT and a missile AM class give the heavy at class one Anti-tank and 1 anti-material missile, which is something the game balance police would like

And that wouldnt encourage anti inf use of HAT...?

3 infantry turn become overwhelmed by so many tanks
solutions:
A: PLEASE return the double zoom back to the all missle weapons, according to the video I should be able to effectivly hit a target whithin 600 meters

What for?? You can easily hit a tank on the edge of your view distance on Kashan without the double zoom.

B: you said that it was unlikely that you'll implement commander spawned AT turrets, but what about a tow Humvee?

Would be good. But i think that a TOW would be better

C: more ammo to light AT

Nope!

D: right now it looks like the heavy AT is an MPV variant of the sraw but like I said, a predator sraw would be useful... YES i know that the USMC has converted refitted all sraw predators with MPV warheads to deal with the insurgents but if a conventional army shows up to the fight then the predator sraw warheads will be used again

E: make the heavy AT class more numerous and with a lower turn around time often and/or requestable from Rally points. I find my team with 1 heavy AT gunner against 3 tanks on oilfield maps and thats just ridiculous, since they're issued at the squad level AT LEAST 1 sraw for every 8-10 marines

You can take out a tank with 2 shots. Your quick, hes not. Your small, hes not. You shouldnt have problems hiding, he should. If you see a tank HIDE, and tell someone who has a tank/chopter/HAT to help you out.

F: 2 mines and 2 c4 per engineer, why is an insurgent ambusher better equipped than an army engineer?

Erm.. Army engineer has an accurate riffle, body armor, field dresing and a wrench.

and since we're on the topic of insurgents; give them a re-spawning T72 if you plan on returning the British apache to al basrah

Would be nice

if you plan on having heat guided missiles the modern tanks should be able to drop flares and smoke, but not have a missile warning pop up because heat guided missiles do not raise missile lock alarms on tanks,(unless tank has radar and trophy anti-missile system which detects and destroys incoming fast moving objects

let me know what you guys think
looking forward to the next release thanx alot developers
Replied in bold
Old 10-30-2007, 08:29 PM   #29
lysander_atrull

never thought I'd see 'unfair' and 'unrealistic' used to describe the same thing

and here I thought reality WAS unfair.

there'd be laws in this game against killing medics too then huh ?
Old 11-04-2007, 07:52 AM   #30
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Tbh, I'd make the Heavy AT lock on warning louder/quieter, depending on the distance it's been aiming from.
Its really annoying, when you get a lock on, and the guy is 20 m away from you, because people don't know, how to use Heavy AT from a far for some reason

Also, are we going to be able to re-request Light AT, when already using one? or just do as we did in .609, when RPs didn't give ammo, request two light ATs, destroy the APC, get killed, respawn, request again...

Originally Posted by whatshisname55:
"Ah yes, that link to your hard drive is working perfectly."

Tags
unfair, unrealistic