project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.6 Feedback Forum
20 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR v0.6 Feedback Forum Feedback specifically on Project Reality v0.6.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2007, 02:31 AM   #11
eggman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

2GB ram and 256mb texture memory probably relevant. We are a bit of a pig texture memory wise and could probably do some optomizations there. But the main RAM at 2GB is mostly BF2. Ram is cheap now tho and 2GB is fairly standard for gaming PCs. You can get 2gb of matched RAM for ~$75 on sale now.

Cheers!
egg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 08-11-2007, 02:35 AM   #12
GeZe
PR Artwork Team

I don't know about you guys, but I run PR generally smoothly with 1 gig ram and a 128mb video card. (I have NO money at all to upgrade anything) I have all the gameplay type options on high (view distance is 100%, geometry on high, terrain on high etc.) and that's all you really need to run the game without being at a disadvantage to people with better rigs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 08-11-2007, 02:55 AM   #13
eggman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

yeah .. lowering some of the settings that dont affect game play is also a very good approach if you have no plans to upgrade.

Cheers!
egg

Old 08-11-2007, 02:57 AM   #14
Guerra norte

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Thunder View Post
getting a 8800 its a bit extreme, but you should think of something a bit bigger
Maybe, but maxing out all settings on games like ArmA and still have playable FPS makes your E-penis so big that you'll smack yourself in the back of your head if you turn around too quickly
I bought one yesterday and I don't regret it one second!
Last edited by Guerra norte; 08-11-2007 at 05:19 PM..
Old 08-17-2007, 09:17 AM   #15
Kruder

2 GB is a must,i am even planning to buy another stick sometime soon...
Old 08-21-2007, 02:27 AM   #16
nidpants

I play with the exact same setup as the above (3ghz dual-core processor, 1gb ram, geForce 6600 128mb) and can run the game smoothly at 1280x1024 with max. view distance on Kashan with only very infrequent lag spikes (only happens when messenger programs are open). I play with the same video settings as vBF2 (high to medium on everything), and don't notice any real difference in video quality.

Tags
optimization