project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front
31 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Tales from the Front Share your in-game experiences playing PR:BF2.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2011, 08:49 PM   #61
mosinmatt
Default Re: Post your longest sniper shot [Video].

i dont know the distance, but it was nearly 600 with the medic Enfield (iron sights)
mosinmatt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:38 PM   #62
Bellator

I rarely do long distance sniping mostly because it isn't really efficient use of ones time or especially fun. But I wasted one or two Canadian infantry from approx 500 meters on Archer. The thing is, I used the Taliban medic rifle.

(HAH! Mosinmatt)
Bellator is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:06 PM   #63
-CAL ACO-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johncro View Post
Oh my God. Finally a video of pure awesomeness.
I kinda lol'd about the fact it was on Op.Archer as the longest shot IRL was by a Canadian :P
Corporal Rob Furlong killed a Taliban soldier at 2430M in March 2002 as part of a five man sniper team participating in the mainly american Operation Anaconda. he held the longest confirmed kill record until 2009 when a British sniper beat his record by just 45 meters.
Rob Furlong beat the record set by teammate Mcpl. Arron Perry just days before that had also broken the record set by Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock during the Vietnam war.

both arron perry and Rob Furlong were using the C15 LRSW (CF designation) McMillan Brothers Tac-50 .50 Caliber BMG sniper rifles.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Canadian Forces: either stand behind them or feel free to stand in front of them.
"There is no such thing overkill!"
"Almost all human problems can be solved with the proper application of High Explosives"
-CAL ACO- is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:57 AM   #64
ShavedAlpaca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johncro View Post
Oh my God. Finally a video of pure awesomeness.
I kinda lol'd about the fact it was on Op.Archer as the longest shot IRL was by a Canadian :P
Sorry, not held by a canadian any more. link: CLICK

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Friendly fire isn't always that friendly.
ShavedAlpaca is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 06:26 PM   #65
saXoni
Banned
Supporting Member

Got over 1000 points for one kill a couple of months ago. Sniped an enemy (probably officer) from about 900 meters. No proof. I might be lying.
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:09 AM   #66
Lugi

Yeah man, awesome sniper shot.

EDIT: Where did the previous post go?
Last edited by Lugi; 07-27-2011 at 04:09 PM..
Old 07-26-2011, 06:04 PM   #67
Mikemonster

Shit was so cash.

Mikemonster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 06:59 AM   #68
marcoscl

Quote:
Originally Posted by goguapsy View Post
Want a video proof? Okay. Got this from BR.

YouTube Video

Enjoy.
This is the most epic video of the thread, also very funny.

The only easy day was yesterday

marcoscl is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 07:52 AM   #69
A.Wickens

Send a message via MSN to A.Wickens Send a message via Skype™ to A.Wickens

985 metres+ on Kashan Desert, down hill, headshot on stationary target (in previous patch), verified by marker and spotter. Follow up shot at greater distance, actually outside of view distance and only partially visible, mostly due to 'white feet' graphical glitch. Target was running away but in a straight line. Could only verify kill by lack of movement till we got someone to drive out there and check.

890 point, sub 500 yard kill on enemy CO in Command truck whilst driving, he hit a rock or something sort of stalling the trucks momentum, took a chance and got very, very lucky lol. Had only just joined the server and went in at 2nd on the scoreboard, time played 2 minutes, 890 points, 1 kill lol. All with long guns. (All in previous patch)
A.Wickens is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:57 AM   #70
DrKniSh[DK]

I once..or no,couple of times really. Sniped a bunch of guys from IDF main in Asad Khal to bunkers in Kashan. didn't record i though.

So Many Assholes..So Few Bullets
DrKniSh[DK] is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
list, longest, post, shot, sniper, video