project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front
22 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Tales from the Front Share your in-game experiences playing PR:BF2.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2010, 05:46 PM   #11
Tim270
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: Jigsaw's Zero Death Challenge

Find A Auto-Matic Rifle-Man

And never look back

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tim270 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 05:46 PM   #12
Silly_Savage

I can't stress this enough: The key to survival is situational awareness.

Lone-wolfing with the Minimi on Dragon Fly.

Sniping on Archer with Mongol and Darkcloak as spotters.

Crewing a Warrior with Sandiford on Basrah while supporting Rudd's squad.

I have more screens similar to the ones posted above, but I found these the most impressive.

Edit: Lone-wolfing again with the Minimi. Unfortunately I didn't receive any revives or healing during the entire round. Teaches me to work more as a team...

"Jafar, show me a sniper rifle." - Silly_Savage 2013
Last edited by Silly_Savage; 05-03-2010 at 05:52 PM..
Old 05-03-2010, 05:50 PM   #13
sakils2
Banned

Had an awesome round on fallujah in 0.86 (?). I was operating the Bradley, I ended with 44 or 47 kills and one death. I died because I pushed E instead of R...

One more was in 0.87 Assault on Mestia on TG. I was in an infantry squad, our task was to ambush russians on the Western road. Got 9 kills and zero deaths. Managed to destroy a BRDM who was blazin' at full speed with a russian HAT.
sakils2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 05:58 PM   #14
Jonny

I've had rounds with no deaths, but I cant remember how they actually played out because it was so long ago (dont have PR here, havn't been able to play for a few weeks). You really can tell its a good round when it happens, its much better than killing scores of enemy tanks and troops on kashan while only going down once or twice.
Jonny is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 06:03 PM   #15
[R-MOD]Jigsaw
Forum Moderator

@ all y'all posting scoreboard screenies, they are boring and serve no purpose. I could have posted the exact same thing but what I want is to talk about how to do it so we can all learn from one-another and improve ourselves.

For example Savage says situational awareness is key, but how do you keep yours so high? Tim says use an AR at all times but how can you achieve a low death score with other kits?

Tell me how you stayed alive/slayed many bodies, I don't care about the end statistics.

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end... "
[R-MOD]Jigsaw is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 06:07 PM   #16
Jonny

I think cautious movement (use cover, concealment and take advantage of the terrain), constant looking around and considering what the enemy might do (scan every corner each time you stop), and trying to give yourself an escape route if things go bad (a way out of an ambush, or to survive a flanking manouvre) are all important.

Willingness to retreat from a firefight is also important, you just cant win them all.
Jonny is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 06:16 PM   #17
Silly_Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
I think cautious movement (use cover, concealment and take advantage of the terrain), constant looking around and considering what the enemy might do (scan every corner each time you stop), and trying to give yourself an escape route if things go bad (a way out of an ambush, or to survive a flanking manouvre) are all important.

Willingness to retreat from a firefight is also important, you just cant win them all.
This basically sums up the key points. Excellent post.

"Jafar, show me a sniper rifle." - Silly_Savage 2013
Silly_Savage is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 06:33 PM   #18
Tim270
Retired PR Developer

Knowing when not to fight is also key, there are a lot of situations where a firefight could go either way but most of the time I try to fall back unless I fully know that I will get the kill. Entice him back onto your grounds.

Knowing maps, knowing your opponent are also very important.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tim270 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 06:54 PM   #19
Ghost1800

Hmmm... I don't have any proof, but what about a round on fallujah west with 1/-3 and another on ramiel with 2/-1?

"Every time there is any flying vehicle on a map, most people turn retarded." - SJT

"jesus christ thats not a
thats an essay with a picture attached lol" - unrealalex
Ghost1800 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:02 PM   #20
myles

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/96666636-4.jpg

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/96357472-4.jpg

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/75290882-4.jpg

i was pretty happy with all of these but the last 1 was my best as it was on a super hard map for US and when i died it was because of base rape

Check out my Project Reaity gamplay here

myles is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
aar, challenge, death, jigsaw