project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front
18 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Tales from the Front Share your in-game experiences playing PR:BF2.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2010, 10:41 PM   #51
CodeRedFox
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: [Video] This Is What Korengal Valley has Become

Nice ElvishKnight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Outlawz View Post
Dunno about the central spawn, if everyone randomly spawns across the map, it will just mean a bunch of Taliban players running across Korengal to find each other or just lone wolf around the map.
By spreading out the spawn point means that if you cant spawn on a cache then you will be moving to it instead of all coming from one location. Which is how it is now and sucks.

Really what it comes down to is if your team has no cache spawns, no hideouts, no RP's then you will spawn at random areas around the map and have to regroup. Think of it as a reverse reward system. But seeing as now I see very little spawning from the static spawn point I don't think this will be an issue.

But we will see...that what our bitc...err....testing team is for

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"apcs, like dogs can't look up" - Dr2B Rudd
CodeRedFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:53 PM   #52
kanonator

It was worst on the previous version! I remember one time the cache was on the side of the valley, right next to a rock that just stuck out of the mountain. Our squad had two rpg's, one grenadier (that was me), and a marksman/sniper ( I can't remember). It was such a joy because the rpg's and grenadiers had unlimited ammo with the cache just 10 meters beside us. And from the rock, you could shoot down on everything in the US main. It was like a never ending mortar attack.
kanonator is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:20 PM   #53
godfather_596

i agree with meza the us forces just park their humvees at their base and start shooting everyone they can see everything with thermal
godfather_596 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:15 PM   #54
Pvt.LHeureux
-

The thread is 2 years old

Also, I think Korengal will be soon removed since it's old, quite laggy, the terrain is really hard to maneuver on, it's small and CodeRedFox has retired.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chuva_RD : You want to remove bugged thing but dont tell how to fill formed void.
Pvt.LHeureux is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:17 PM   #55
De4dByD4wn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt.LHeureux View Post
The thread is 2 years old

Also, I think Korengal will be soon removed since it's old, quite laggy, the terrain is really hard to maneuver on, it's small and CodeRedFox has retired.
This thread IS 2 yrs old! LOL Well good, cuz all that cryin bout not bein able to get out of main was pathetic.

I hope Korengal never leaves, its always been one of my favs. For ALL the reasons so many ppl hate it. Yea, its kinda small, km wise, but its one of the few "vertical" INS maps. In terms of getting from point A to point B it can seem HUGE to those that arent cloven hooved ninjas that know their way around.

And yes, its one of the few INS maps that the Blufor can get baseraped into oblivion if they dont have their sh!t together. Which, as Blufor, is a dynamic I love. The hunters become the hunted. Bring it. Somethin about feeling surrounded in the enemies backyard brings out my A game.

Id love to see Korengal continue to evolve, but I DONT wanna see it end up like Lashkar where we have some huge staging area and are all but untouchable in main. I love Lashkar too, dont get me wrong, just sayin.

Do ppl really still have lag issues? I thought they ironed that out. My system aint nothin to brag about and I've never had problems, even back in the day. And YES, the old Camp Murphy main was brutal.

De4dByD4wn is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:41 PM   #56
Scared_420

Park CROW HMV in base and camp and shoot Taliban, claim baserape when mortars hit base.

Shit like this is killing PR.
Scared_420 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:30 PM   #57
Pvt.LHeureux
-

I loved this map back in 0,85 too, it was nice. But now it doesn't fit. US just park their CROW in the main and lock up all the mountains, the map is 1km, the mountains makes it even smaller, you're stuck to move on the same paths, the terrain is clunky and the map itself is old and laggy, not well optimised to current standards.

What would be nice is to have this map see a 2.0 version where it would become 2km instead. And with better terrain/optimisation.

Chuva_RD : You want to remove bugged thing but dont tell how to fill formed void.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:09 PM   #58
tankninja1

Korengal was good back a few years ago in the .8 version but now it is laggy, buggy, and messed up.
Its almost impossible for the US team to get logi trucks or Hummers out of main without them being blow up.
On the Taliban team there is this one screwed up spawn point too that is surrounded completely by a Dome of Death. Final problem is the lack of an American area attack, especially strange since you can hear F16s flying over every 10minutes, you would think with all that air power in the area at least one jet would be able to strafe or let loose a few bombs.

Why are there no size 12.5US shoes? Seriously, the f**k?
tankninja1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:07 PM   #59
Pvt.LHeureux
-

There was some kind of awesome ambience on this map in 0.8, now it's kind of gone. The attackable US base was so awesome to fight for, and defend . Going up there with grapplin hooks too!

Tags
korengal, valley, video