project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front
22 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Tales from the Front Share your in-game experiences playing PR:BF2.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2010, 02:03 AM   #31
victor_phx

Default Re: [Video] This Is What Korengal Valley has Become

Korengal is great now, I can't see why this many complaints on it. I had a lot of fun on it today; the importance of FOBs in 0.9 made it even more fun to play.
victor_phx is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 05:00 AM   #32
Logaritm

well i think this map can be pretty easy at some times because the jihadist's get to concentrated on raping the base, i mean two days ago i lead a squad and we had a commander, i asked him if he had a guess were the hidden cache were but he did not know, but i think he used the UAV and found a place were he thought it was and told me.

Instead of moving out from the base even if the location he told us were just down the cliff from it's back, we moved out from from the other side of the river, started looking thru houses as we went, had some small bullet exchanges and after a while we just walked in on a cache with no resistance at all, there were a lot of kits there so it has been well used but we came from the opposite side of were the base was so everyone were probably looking at the base

unfortunately we were not fast enough to windraw so almost all the squad got killed but we still got the cache
Logaritm is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:45 AM   #33
Rissien
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Rissien Send a message via Skype™ to Rissien

The Tali main isnt north of US main, its south. Its just that theres the cave spawn with a tech outside of it and then the cache spawned up there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MA3-USN Former

クラナド ァフターストーリー
Rissien is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:47 PM   #34
00SoldierofFortune00

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]CodeRedFox View Post
I'm sorry I'm might be missing something? I hope to god there is not a Taliban main just north of the US base. It should be in the lower left hand corner and that's barely a main as its a pain to get out of there.

There should be some update in the next version. Which will add/updated back in (was removed in the beta) a temp US spawn in the valley which should help the FO building. But if a cache spawns near the US base, well tough its only a 1km map. Not much I can do about it or have hear anything acceptable to do about it.
Not talking about the main with the Command Post, but the Taliban main which is in the rocks in the upper right hand corner of the map. It stays there all map as far as I know. Its only like 3-4 grips seperated from the US main and you can get in the hills above US main pretty fast from there. That should have been removed IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by =]H[=ElvishKnight View Post
The Tali main isnt north of US main, its south. Its just that theres the cave spawn with a tech outside of it and then the cache spawned up there.
The cave spawn is what I meant. Its basically like a second main because you can spawn there all game plus you get a technical.

"Push the Envelope, Watch It Bend"

Tool ~ Lateralus
00SoldierofFortune00 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:49 PM   #35
Portable.Cougar

There is no spawn point there unless there is a cache up there at round start. That is why I wrote this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portable.Cougar View Post
1st move as US should always be to move N out of the main at round start and secure the N hills that have view on your main.

Build an FB or two and start patrolling.

Easy peesy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Portable.Cougar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 04:15 PM   #36
Drop_Deadx

The only thing I think that needs to be changed is the caches need to be moved far away from their main. I'm all for base rape but when your on the insurgents it gets boring when 32 people are just killing everything that moves in their. I sat their for 35 min. just chatting with my squad not even moving. It would be more fun if the Americans put up a fight but just sitting there and getting owned in 1 second.

But as I said again I believe in full realism and I am totally for base rape.

"Hell, these are Marines. Men like them held Guadalcanal and took Iwo Jima. Bagdad ain't shit."
-Marine Major General John F. Kelly
Drop_Deadx is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 05:16 PM   #37
Rissien
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Rissien Send a message via Skype™ to Rissien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portable.Cougar View Post
There is no spawn point there unless there is a cache up there at round start. That is why I wrote this...
Yes there is, Hotel 1 there is a permanant spawn point inside a cave. Theres a small dome of death inside it to prevent US forces from going inside and killing it. There is also a technical that spawns just outside the cave entrance.

MA3-USN Former

クラナド ァフターストーリー
Rissien is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 05:23 PM   #38
CodeRedFox
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00SoldierofFortune00 View Post
Not talking about the main with the Command Post, but the Taliban main which is in the rocks in the upper right hand corner of the map. It stays there all map as far as I know. Its only like 3-4 grips seperated from the US main and you can get in the hills above US main pretty fast from there. That should have been removed IMO.

Humm I will check it out, I thought I removed it or had it set as a temp spawn. If so it will be completely removed

There should only be cache spawning and Taliban main spawning. Both Fuzzhead and I were collaborating on the spawns and gameplay and it might of been left in by accident.

Thanks for pointing it out! Now I understand the frustration. I have yet to play the Taliban as I was babysitting the US team every time

"apcs, like dogs can't look up" - Dr2B Rudd
Last edited by CodeRedFox; 02-17-2010 at 05:35 PM..
Old 02-17-2010, 06:28 PM   #39
AnimalMother.

i'm sure you're aware but the minimap isn't complete either, there's an entire road missing. It runs from east to west, north of the river

the road to the right is what i'm on about
http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/9278/screen004s.jpg

me stood on the road zoomed in on the map
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/8556/screen005o.jpg

also i don't know if it's supposed to be a feature but the SKS automatically reloads.

|TG-31st|

vistamaster01: "I just dont get people with girl usernames/pics/sigs lol,
for example I thought AnimalMother was a girl
"

Arte et Marte
AnimalMother. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 06:36 PM   #40
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal.Mother View Post
also i don't know if it's supposed to be a feature but the SKS automatically reloads.
It is a feature, since you can't do tactical reloads with SKS, same goes for the Enfield rifle.

Originally Posted by whatshisname55:
"Ah yes, that link to your hard drive is working perfectly."
Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
korengal, valley, video