project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front
17 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Tales from the Front Share your in-game experiences playing PR:BF2.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2010, 03:51 PM   #1
SGT.JOKER

Send a message via AIM to SGT.JOKER
Default [AAR] My first time sniping since .5 (.9 story, Gaza beach)

I was playing around in the new version and I joined an insurgency server running Gaza beach. There wasnt that many people playing at first (16 vs 16) so I figured Id try my hand at sniping (my squad wasnt very coordinated and our SL at the time wasnt talking or giving any real orders). I grabbed my rifle and moved out to the city to see what I could see. I got set up on what I think was an apartment building (not the roof, but a balcony with 2 entences). I got set up and I started spotting down the scope, the first targets I killed where on roof tops looking out towards the IDF main base, I took them both out, first taking out a guy with an SVD and then an RPG. Several more targets on roof tops revealed themselves (they where using binoculars) and I took them out as well.

I was on edge the entire time, and even more so when I checked the scoreboard and saw it was now 32 vs 32. My heart actually sank. But I stayed up on my roof top and kept doing what I was doing. I took out several foot mobiles who where on the street below, one of which in particular was a medic, I followed him for the longest time until finally hitting him before he rounded a corner. The next targets I took out where guys occupying an apartment building, I took out 2 of them as they went up and down the stairs.

The next group of guys I found I think where screwing around, there where 2 dead Hamas in the street and they where tea bagging the bodies, one of them was about to get healed by a medic when I shot him dead in the chest, his squad all ran off which made me feel rather proud. The following target was a hamas who had some how gotten one of our sniper kits, my first shot had missed and he ducked, but when he came back up I hit him some where in the chest.

My last kill was probably the most intense. I had set trip flares up at the stair case and I heard the "fizz" sound that they make and my heart sank again. I pulled out my pistol and approached the staircase, there was no one there. As I got closer though I saw another hamas and he had an IDF sniper kit, some pistol rounds hwere exchanged but thankfully I won the hand out but was bleeding. I decided to leave the area but my feild dressing wasnt enough to stop the bleeding, and as I raided the enemy snipers kit for a feild dressing another hamas armed with an ak 47 came up the steps. I got one or 2 shots into him before he killed me.

I got between 10 and 11 kills from that roof top, which I think is good considering I had no spotter or support (next time Ill be sure to bring some support with me though hehe )

SGT.JOKER>FTW<(Fight To Win) In Game
Just getting back in the game
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Riflemen, SAW Gunner, Grenaider.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SGT.JOKER is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 04:42 PM   #2
Pirate

Default Re: My first time sniping since .5 (.9 story, Gaza beach)

What's pretty awesome as a HAMAS sniper on that map, is that you have a couple of grenadetraps with you as well, meaning you can cover the stairs behind you where pesky IDF might come from.
Pirate is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
aar, beach, gaza, sniping, story, time, v05, v09