project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front
01 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Tales from the Front Share your in-game experiences playing PR:BF2.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2008, 06:37 PM   #21
joethepro36

Default Re: [AAR] my first great experience as a noob

I've had the OP in my squad a few times, he's a damn fine shot and he's tactically minded, so this is a recommendation for him I guess. I found it funny when I was on Muttrah and he was the only guy in my squad taking the initative to cover the squad from a rooftop while we were under fire, a good 30 seconds or so before I gave the command to do what he was doing; suppressive fire.

Now for my first experience:
I was on Muttrah city in 0.5, I had heard of project reality from playing point of existence 2 (a nice mod but I felt it was a little too close to the gameyness of vanilla). So I hopped onto a chopper (well flown, shock and/or horror) and descended into a street with my squad. As soon as we landed it stopped being a calm cityscape and turned into "HOLY JESUS CHRIST THERE'S FIRE FROM EVERYWHERE, THROW FRAGS, GET DOWN, SUPPRESSIVE FIRE, RRAAAAHHHHH". And from there is developed into actually being able to shoot accurately and make tactical decisions in bf2. I fell in love with the mod right there and I've been playing ever since.
joethepro36 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 10:31 PM   #22
Froztbyte

Default Re: my first great experience as a noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkoolkoobyak View Post
yeeeah ;p
and its only the very beginning
good read
i rofl'd at your sig

In-Game Name: Froztbyte_UK

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Enlisted during Mini-Mod v0.25
Froztbyte is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 07:52 PM   #23
[R-CON]Wicca
PR:BF2 Event Coordinator
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

hahaha....

PR is great... Just... Great...

*Happily Sigs*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.

[R-CON]Wicca is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:05 AM   #24
Uladh

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethepro36 View Post
I've had the OP in my squad a few times, he's a damn fine shot and he's tactically minded, so this is a recommendation for him I guess. I found it funny when I was on Muttrah and he was the only guy in my squad taking the initative to cover the squad from a rooftop while we were under fire, a good 30 seconds or so before I gave the command to do what he was doing; suppressive fire.
only reading this now lol i am putting it in my sig
Uladh is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:35 AM   #25
[R-DEV]motherdear
PR:BF2 Developer

holy necro

i can only remembering firing the M16 back in 0.4 and trying to place a SLAM on assets thinking it was like vanilla. back then squads were not as important and we had silenced sniper rifles. oh so many good moments

[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto: "Talking squad level tactics in bed is actually a little known aphrodisiac"
[R-CON]Pantera : "maybe you might learn that we are not super intelligent beings chained in UKF's basement being forced to work on this".
[R-DEV]motherdear is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 05:03 PM   #26
Dorkweed
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzthompson View Post
so the addiction begins.....
haha just as it began with everyone else :P

"Commanding a team is like pissing yourself in black pants... It's a warm feeling but nobody notices."
--------------------
In-game: 3rdAD
Dorkweed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:38 PM   #27
Wh33lman

Let me share a little story with you Uladh.

When i first started playing PR, i intended to split my time between PR and vBF2 because i still had 2 weapon unlocks to go in vBF2.

That was about 2 years ago. I still dont have those 2 weapons.

Check out my Youtube channel!

Last edited by Wh33lman; 01-21-2010 at 02:51 PM..
Old 01-20-2010, 09:09 PM   #28
sharpie
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicca View Post
hahaha....

PR is great... Just... Great...

*Happily Sigs*

Amen brother. Amen.

"Tom I think you have influenced the combat effectiveness of this team! Everyone has gone full potato."~Foxxyfrost
[DM]P*Funk: its like a funk guitar seminar up in that bitch
[R-DEV] K_Rivers-"...everything is broken in your country,"
sharpie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:52 AM   #29
myles

The thing i dont get you lead a squad on your 1st day?

Check out my Project Reaity gamplay here

myles is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 06:23 PM   #30
galeknight1

First time was in barracuda in the marshes, I was just lying there not knowing where the hell I was and what the hell to do, listening to my SL shouting 'Run to the side of the river!!!' as we were getting surpressed on all sides. I immediately alt-f4'd and read the manual.
galeknight1 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
aar, experience, great, noob