project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front
31 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Tales from the Front Share your in-game experiences playing PR:BF2.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2008, 01:03 PM   #11
Rezza
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Rezza Send a message via Skype™ to Rezza
Default Re: [AAR] my first great experience as a noob

Ok thread changes from a guys first experience to everybodies first experience lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot, will be victorious.
― Sun Tzu
Rezza is online now Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 04:10 PM   #12
S.P.C-[Reality]-

wait until you learn how to send lazer targets and watch the jdam(which is droped by another player, yes i know, its AWESOME) go down... then you will be screaming your @$$ off from joy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
S.P.C-[Reality]- is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 06:45 PM   #13
PFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezza View Post
Ok thread changes from a guys first experience to everybodies first experience lol
Its a sharing experience. We're bonding over war stories.

[PR]NATO|P*Funk

PFunk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 08:07 PM   #14
daranz

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.P.C-[Reality]- View Post
wait until you learn how to send lazer targets and watch the jdam(which is droped by another player, yes i know, its AWESOME) go down... then you will be screaming your @$$ off from joy
JDAM is dropped by the commander, and you don't actually see the aircraft come in.

Lasing a target for the A10, on the other hand... Now that's pretty awesome, if the pilot knows what he's doing.

daranz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 10:28 PM   #15
Rezza
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Rezza Send a message via Skype™ to Rezza

You meant laser targeted bombs yea its a cool story. My first experience was relaxing on assault on mestia i was with these cool squad theyre tags were Beer lol.Those were funny and we had some firefights.Pr started the other day with a full action kashan 3 humvees convoy and 2 blackhawks over them.Moving to south village.Thats was Pr right there

He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot, will be victorious.
― Sun Tzu
Rezza is online now Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 06:08 AM   #16
Scandicci
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Scandicci

If all 'noobs' were like you, PR would be the better for it.

__________________________________________________ _________________

If it's worth shooting once, shoot it again.
Scandicci is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 06:24 AM   #17
[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto

Great story! Good to hear you had a great first experience!

My oldest memory of PR was when I discovered it in..late '05 I think, it was a bit before I joined the forums. Dont know what version but I had a terrible internet connection at the time so I could only play SP[this was back when PR was similar enough in basic functions to vBF2 to still have SP support]

I was on Kashan with the SAW just MOWING guys down. I knew it was cheesily unrealistic to just be mowing guys down, but I loved how responsive the weapons were, the lack of crosshair, etc. Though the AI at the time wasnt up for PR, everything about it felt so progressive I knew that, though small and humble, PR would continue to be my favorite game for a long time. Little did I know that I would be on the DEV team 3 years later and its pretty much the only game I play on a regular basis. Other games get beaten and then tossed aside for a good round of PR Haha

I think my most "whoah" moment since then has been seeing the promotional work for Kashan and just having my mind get blown out the back of my head. I could barely comprehend a map that big on BF2

"[An intelligence officer is] an instrument of his country, an observer and reporter of information."

[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 08:56 AM   #18
=(DK)=stoffen_tacticalsup

ahhhh, the nostalgia get to you.
Most lol comments ingame squadleading and commanding is "To Victory" as we charge the MEC main on Jabal and "Once more unto the breach, we happy few!" as brit commander on 7 gates, urging 2 squads to make 1 final push for the 2nd flag (they take it with style, not a single man down!)
=(DK)=stoffen_tacticalsup is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 09:52 AM   #19
gazzthompson

so the addiction begins.....

gazzthompson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 05:25 PM   #20
jaspercat444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uladh View Post
...at this point i take my headset off to take a rest and turn around and my dad is standing at the door stairing at me shaking his head saying what the f==k is wrong with me, i try to explain to him that iv just led an assult on a enemy postion but he walked off to make the dinner.
LOL!Favorite part right there Great story, was exciting to read. And this is only the first experience...
jaspercat444 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
aar, experience, great, noob