project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front
31 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Tales from the Front Share your in-game experiences playing PR:BF2.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2008, 05:05 AM   #21
Emnyron
Supporting Member

With the tune from the Beatles, Yestorday

0.5 all my troubles seemed sooo farr away,
with 0,6 they all came baack too mee,
Oh 0.5 Coome bacck to me, back to me
0.7 with all its neww stuff,
that donnt work,

Like lazers that aareee sloow,
and missilees going the wrong wayy
Oh 0.5 how I long for youu..

In 0.5 there was fun and joy in al-bashra
Now its nothing more than a flameing ground..
Full of kids and idiots,
Ohh 0.5....

In 0.5 there was joy and funn to ride, all the pilotn0bs were
ovveeerr attt muutraaa, leaving al-basha allone from theyr
corruption...
Oh 0.7 brought about all these baack..
Now I cry and die evryday, I doo playy..

Oh 0.5..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

We kindly request that you die a pencil lodged in your eye socket.

-[R-DEV]Gaz

Emnyron is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 10:49 AM   #22
jayceon515

Yesterday I played on Thors Brigade 32 size Basrah server. Had a few awesome rounds but nothing beats the good old times on 0.5 Basrah with all the toys and million of possibilities how to actually have fun playing a video game from going infantry to being a juba sniper or a very dedicated SA7 gunner. All the US assets made the map attractive to everyone. And now we only get one tank, bigass high poly laggy transport chopper, 2 APC's that can't even float and a bunch of land rovers that provide you 0 protection and can't even carry a full squad + a faction with the most peasant accent in the world
Well I guess I gotta live with it.
RIP 0.5 Basrah I'll never forget ya

jayceon515 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 10:53 AM   #23
BabaGurGur
Banned

.5 Basrah was fun, but, not realistic, ATM, the brits are in basrah, so thats probably one reason it changed, but what would make it more realistic if it was the iraqies vs insurgents because about a 2 months ago, the iraqies took control over basrah
BabaGurGur is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 02:15 AM   #24
Emnyron
Supporting Member

0.5 was fun, 0.6-0.7 is not.
Nothing more to add

-[R-DEV]Gaz

Old 02-12-2008, 08:27 AM   #25
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Well, 0.7 Basrah can be fun, but when the 6/10 caches are outside the city and they get taken down by a tank, you can't really counter, unless it's a dumbass solo tanker, then it gets awkward. And if you are inside the city, most of the time it gets boring waiting for the Brits, that hang outside with their scopes and snipers.

Originally Posted by whatshisname55:
"Ah yes, that link to your hard drive is working perfectly."
Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 02:39 PM   #26
Zoddom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emnyron View Post
0.5 was fun, 0.6-0.7 is not.
Nothing more to add
project reality isnt there to make fun, its the reality dude. and 0.6-0.7 have made it nearest to reality than all PRs before.

(i loved the silent sniper of 0.2 )

Zoddom is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 03:17 PM   #27
Leo

Oh man, the current Basrah would be kickass, if the ins got some way to have moveable spawn points, and the brits got more tanks, more APCs, a gunship, more landrovers, more transport choppers.

The whole appeal of basrah for the insurgents was the overwhelming amount of vehicles you could ambush and kill, and the appeal for the USMC side was the armored convoys heli insertions, and gunship fighting you could do. Oh how I miss thee .5 basrah
Leo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 03:40 PM   #28
$kelet0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emnyron View Post
0.5 was arcade fun, 0.6-0.7 is not arcade.
Nothing more to add
Fixed for you

Remember extraction on Mashtuur and Karkand in 0.2? I remember thinking 'they think this military realism???'. Hooray for progress
$kelet0r is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:13 AM   #29
Emnyron
Supporting Member

Skeletor, are you trying to be funny, or are you just sad becuse you did not get your soda today?

0.5 Bashra was not that arcadeish, and since i started in early 0.5, I do not know how 0.4-0.1 was.
Arcade is karspam, on vanilla..

-[R-DEV]Gaz

Old 02-13-2008, 04:49 AM   #30
para_hjs

I want the 0.5 bashra back, AND still keeping the present. Maprotation..THAT server will be occupied..

para_hjs is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
100, list, nostalgia, thread, top