project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front
23 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Tales from the Front Share your in-game experiences playing PR:BF2.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2007, 06:15 PM   #51
Cherni

Send a message via MSN to Cherni

*cough*hax*Cough*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cherni is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 04:32 PM   #52
JL

ReadMenace shot me down in the A-10 last night with the T-62 on devfile, he has a great hiding spot and at first sight I thought it was just another spawn car and then I'm dead :O just exactly what I thought, the T-62 preys on low flying jets going in one direction .. while I'm dead waiting to respawn looking at him the cobra flys over and he gets killed also! by then I'm trying to get the other A-10 pilots attention and the commander over VOIP to send a hit, but nothing. the other A-10 gets shot down!! arhhh.. great games though, the round previous we went almost 600 tickets to 0 as insurgents holding down the village the entire round.. was a great game also, most defense I've seen yet!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

JL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 08:12 PM   #53
Smitty4212

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Dylan
I would advise making your post constructive. We cannot make view distance unlimited, as right now you guys complain that maps like Al Basrah have too much lag as it is. If you want to criticize the work of this mod due to engine limitations we cannot change, I would advise you to go to your local game store and buy a different game. I would also like to add that your post is a form of trolling, which I do not approve, as I am sure the other mods will agree.
I don't think increasing view distance is the solution, at least when dealing with A-10s vs. armor, so it's not really an engine limitation issue. What I was more getting at is that the distance that you lock on to vehicles is usually very short, meaning you have to fly low and slow if you don't know exactly where the vehicle is beforehand. Tanks should not have a chance against an A-10. Especially a tank as old as the T-62. They should be dead and gone before they even knew an A-10 had the drop on them. Don't think they should be on Al Basrah, sincerely doubt we have A-10s strafing the middle of Baghdad.

I mean, we talk about how arcadey certain aspects of the game are... launching grenades in CQB, insta-proning. But how realistic is it for a T-62 run by insurgents to take down an A-10, or even Cobra. As fun as they are, I really just wish planes were taken out of PR until they get completely done over. They are BY FAR the most unrealistic aspect of PR.
Last edited by Smitty4212; 03-23-2007 at 08:18 PM..
Old 03-23-2007, 08:21 PM   #54
Deadmonkiefart

An A-10 going as slow as they do in PR and only about 50 feet of the ground probably could be hit by a T-62 IRL. Of course, IRL they do not fly that low, or that slow.
Deadmonkiefart is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:49 PM   #55
JL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty4212
Don't think they should be on Al Basrah, sincerely doubt we have A-10s strafing the middle of Baghdad.

I really just wish planes were taken out of PR until they get completely done over. They are BY FAR the most unrealistic aspect of PR.
wrong. keep the planes in PR, they are vital part of war, and very realistic to be on urban maps, they drop smart bombs on all kinds of locations in the middle of cities, air strikes are called in by troops in the city that need help. did you see the thread about the 500 lb bombs? thats CAS.

and here is a video of an A-10 strafing the Ministry of Planning building in Baghdad, this video kind of kills two birds with one stone, 1. strafing in cities and 2. flares, specifically number of and interval.

http://cops.zive.net/c-board/file/oi...er_baghdad.avi

JL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:56 PM   #56
RikiRude
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via AIM to RikiRude Send a message via MSN to RikiRude

I experianced how good the T-62 is for taking out aircraft when I was only in one for about 10 minutes all together and took out 2 cobras 2 blackhawks 2 tanks and an APC, I love it!

Proud n00b tub3r of 5 spam bots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]2Slick4U
That's like being the smartest kid with down syndrome.
RikiRude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 10:35 AM   #57
ArmedDrunk&Angry
Banned

The tanks are a great way to judge the quality of the US team.
If the tanks are still alive 5 minutes into the game, the US air element is incompetent.
The tank Rikki was sitting in last night, at least part of the time, was out in the open and should have been destroyed forthwith yet I was able to bring up another tank and park it in the same spot.
The air element makes all the difference on Al Basrah. If the US has decent pilots the insurgents will be pushed back no matter what they do.
ArmedDrunk&Angry is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 01:27 PM   #58
henno13

use SABOTS!

henno13 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
antiair, real, t62