project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front
22 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Tales from the Front Share your in-game experiences playing PR:BF2.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2007, 12:26 PM   #41
Mr.Whitlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgayox
To be honest, thats the fault of the a-10's. The t-62's on level ground can only aim to a certain point in the sky, and i think ive had maybe 2-3 smart pilots who take advantage of that and strafe me alot higher than i can aim, killing me real quickly.
Yeah that's exactly what I did on the one time I flew A-10s on Basrah. Since it only take a few seconds to kill a tank with the 30mm, it would be silly to render yourself vulnerable.
Mr.Whitlow is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 12:36 PM   #42
daschewy

The t-62 is definately a good AA asset, I've been gunned down several times by them on basarah.
daschewy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 12:43 PM   #43
TII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Archer_nx01
As far as I know, only Sabot is supposed to be fast. Heat should be much slower.

Sabot is faster than HEAT, or it should be, but it probably isn't enough to notice on the small maps that we have. I save the Sabots for armor, and I've had Sabot go through a Blackhawk with no damage (may have just been lag though) so I use HEAT for infantry and aircraft.

Anybody else had the T62 get damaged and drive off by itself with no one in it? This happened to me on Basrah last night after getting strafed by an A10. I tried to repair it but I ended up getting run over by it.
TII is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 12:53 PM   #44
Wasteland

Hahaha. It drove off by itself? That's hilarious.

You guys know that little area SE of facility, just NE of the corner of the two major roads (the one going just south of facility and the one going north-south through the middle of the city), sort of nestled in between some buildings? I always see insurgents bringing their tanks there, and then apparently not doing anything with them, but keeping people there anyway. Is that a good AA sniping spot? Or are they just trying to save them from A-10s?

Because it seems like a really stupid spot for them. I always just send my A-10s in to rape them all to hell.

Originally Posted by: ArmedDrunk&Angry
we don't live in your fantastical world where you are the super hero sent to release us all from the bondage of ignorance
Originally Posted by: [R-MOD]dunehunter
don't mess with wasteland, a scary guy will drag you into an alleyway and rape you with a baseballbat
Wasteland is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 01:38 PM   #45
TII

Yeah, I think the tracks were supposed to be damaged but it didn't quite work as planned. I got out to repair and it kept driving around in a circle, and it continued to do so after i respawned and came back to it. I couldn't get back in it without being injured or run over though hehe.
TII is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 02:02 PM   #46
Tipsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertfox
3 Cobra's
2 A-10's
&
1 Blackhawk

All died by the hands of a heat round from the T-62 Man this thing is just awesome!
And a partridge in a pear tree

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tipsi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 10:36 PM   #47
JL

I haven't wasted an RPG on a A-10 yet, or even tried driving tanks on al basrah, but i have seen tank teams hiding under a certian archway south of facility they take a ton of SRAW / RPG hits to the front before even being disabled :/ I can say though that I have not been shot down by a tank yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by TII
Yeah, I think the tracks were supposed to be damaged but it didn't quite work as planned. I got out to repair and it kept driving around in a circle, and it continued to do so after i respawned and came back to it. I couldn't get back in it without being injured or run over though hehe.
I've seen that happen! we disabled an M1 on a road going north-south just west of basrahs mosque, it started driving backwards, it was pretty slow.. but still funny, i took two SS with xfire

http://screenshot.xfire.com/screensh...77f3909ecd.png
http://screenshot.xfire.com/screensh...b279ae8f56.png

it actually was destroyed heading north out of the city and backed around CCW to this position facing west.. looks pretty realistic compare it to a real disabled tank.. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...D-04-07075.jpg
JL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 12:45 AM   #48
Deadmonkiefart

I was gunner of a cobra that was shot down in 1 shot reciently.

My #1 excuse for having a bad game:
"GET-OFF-OF-MY-KEYBOARD-YOU-STUPID-CAT!!!"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Deadmonkiefart is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 01:18 AM   #49
xgayox

Quote:
Originally Posted by TII
THis is SO annoying. Unless you repair it while laying down on top of the tank, you'll bleed out because it keeps injuring you.
xgayox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 02:16 PM   #50
Wasteland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmonkiefart
I was gunner of a cobra that was shot down in 1 shot reciently.
Yes, this has happened to me on several occasions. I've started keeping my cobras grounded until my A-10s can take out all the tanks.

Originally Posted by: ArmedDrunk&Angry
we don't live in your fantastical world where you are the super hero sent to release us all from the bondage of ignorance
Originally Posted by: [R-MOD]dunehunter
don't mess with wasteland, a scary guy will drag you into an alleyway and rape you with a baseballbat
Wasteland is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
antiair, real, t62