project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front
20 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Tales from the Front Share your in-game experiences playing PR:BF2.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2007, 09:24 PM   #21
TII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expendable Grunt
What makes the T-62 special in the AA role?
Because it's the best thing the insurgents have going, provided you can stay alive long enough to use it. HEAT shell is one shot kill on aircraft and it is as fast as a bullet so very little lead is needed.
TII is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 10:11 PM   #22
Expendable Grunt

Send a message via ICQ to Expendable Grunt Send a message via AIM to Expendable Grunt Send a message via MSN to Expendable Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Expendable Grunt

Oh ok cool thanks for the info, will have to make use of it if I'm ever ins. on that map.
Expendable Grunt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 03:15 AM   #23
Wasteland

Tanks never last long if I'm commanding. At least as long as I have decent pilots at my disposal. Like StyrmanKarlson (or something to that effect) and xSSx larme113. Both pilots very good at following my airstrike commands. They listen to what kind of ordinance to use, as what direction to approach from.

Tanks don't stand a chance. Then again neither do spawn cars, APCs, clusters of bad guys, or snipers.

Now if only more cobra pilot/gunners would form up their own squad and follow my god damned orders.

Originally Posted by: ArmedDrunk&Angry
we don't live in your fantastical world where you are the super hero sent to release us all from the bondage of ignorance
Originally Posted by: [R-MOD]dunehunter
don't mess with wasteland, a scary guy will drag you into an alleyway and rape you with a baseballbat
Wasteland is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 03:20 AM   #24
Smitty4212

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP*wasteland.soldier
Tanks never last long if I'm commanding. At least as long as I have decent pilots at my disposal. Like StyrmanKarlson (or something to that effect) and xSSx larme113. Both pilots very good at following my airstrike commands. They listen to what kind of ordinance to use, as what direction to approach from.

Tanks don't stand a chance. Then again neither do spawn cars, APCs, clusters of bad guys, or snipers.

Now if only more cobra pilot/gunners would form up their own squad and follow my god damned orders.
As much as I'd like to believe you, and I do appreciate playing with you, but it's WAY too easy for a tank to destroy an A10. Due to the limited draw view, they have to fly low and slow (very, very unrealistically slow) to attack, making them viable targets for T-62s, and even RPGS, which, to put it bluntly is stupid. Yeah, RPGS taking down A10s... realistic.
Smitty4212 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 03:21 AM   #25
Wasteland

If they have an attack command directly on the tank, draw distance isn't an issue.

Originally Posted by: ArmedDrunk&Angry
we don't live in your fantastical world where you are the super hero sent to release us all from the bondage of ignorance
Originally Posted by: [R-MOD]dunehunter
don't mess with wasteland, a scary guy will drag you into an alleyway and rape you with a baseballbat
Wasteland is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:50 AM   #26
Dylan

Send a message via MSN to Dylan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty4212
As much as I'd like to believe you, and I do appreciate playing with you, but it's WAY too easy for a tank to destroy an A10. Due to the limited draw view, they have to fly low and slow (very, very unrealistically slow) to attack, making them viable targets for T-62s, and even RPGS, which, to put it bluntly is stupid. Yeah, RPGS taking down A10s... realistic.
I would advise making your post constructive. We cannot make view distance unlimited, as right now you guys complain that maps like Al Basrah have too much lag as it is. If you want to criticize the work of this mod due to engine limitations we cannot change, I would advise you to go to your local game store and buy a different game. I would also like to add that your post is a form of trolling, which I do not approve, as I am sure the other mods will agree.
Dylan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 06:04 AM   #27
bobfish

Nothing wrong with draw distance if you know where to aim.

This is the good thing about having pilot squads, the commander or squad leader designates the target using the map, then the pilot has a nice little line and icon taking him directly to the target.. if it doesn't move. Great for taking out spawn cars, APCs and the odd tank who stops
bobfish is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 07:27 AM   #28
xgayox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty4212
To be honest, thats the fault of the a-10's. The t-62's on level ground can only aim to a certain point in the sky, and i think ive had maybe 2-3 smart pilots who take advantage of that and strafe me alot higher than i can aim, killing me real quickly.
xgayox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 07:27 AM   #29
Jonathan_Archer_nx01

Quote:
Originally Posted by TII
Because it's the best thing the insurgents have going, provided you can stay alive long enough to use it. HEAT shell is one shot kill on aircraft and it is as fast as a bullet so very little lead is needed.
As far as I know, only Sabot is supposed to be fast. Heat should be much slower.
Jonathan_Archer_nx01 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 07:27 AM   #30
xgayox

Quote:
Originally Posted by TII
Is heat faster than AP? Ive been using AP all this time. I like to conserve my heat for when the USMC infantry get too close.
xgayox is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
antiair, real, t62