project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front
23 Nov 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Tales from the Front Share your in-game experiences playing PR:BF2.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2015, 09:16 AM   #21
atantony77

Default Re: Bad experience after 1.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by crokojot View Post
but you cannot change people and learn them something if they dont want it...

I didnt want to learn math but it was forced upon me and now I have that knowledge. They dont have to pick up the manual and read it letter to letter and memorize it, they can learn from playing.
atantony77 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 09:22 AM   #22
Danger_6
PR Server License Moderator

No they don't have to pick up the manual, but new players should try their best to create an easy job for veterans to help newbies.

I want to teach newbies how to pick up the nuances of the game, I don't have time or patience to teach people things that they can easily read in the manual.

If you don't read the manual you're just being lazy, and I don't waste my efforts on people like that.

The wine was in and the wit was out!

IGN: [3dAC] [PR]PDI|Danger_6
Danger_6 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 09:22 AM   #23
MikeDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by atantony77 View Post
I didnt want to learn math but it was forced upon me and now I have that knowledge. They dont have to pick up the manual and read it letter to letter and memorize it, they can learn from playing.
Wrong. You can't learn from playing if you don't even know the basics.
If you don't know that 1+1 is 2 you're never gonna learn math by doing it. Such is life.
You have to at least know the basics in order to learn something to the fullest. Starting 100% with questions is something VERY different then starting with knowing what the game is about and how the basics work. The more in depth shit you will learn on the go, yes. But the manual is a MUST for most new people. And I'm very glad that often when I tell a new guy he should go check out the manual before playing. They actually do it.

It's just not a natural first reaction when you install PR, to click the PRManual on the Launcher. Most people don't even notice it, and don't actually know that it is needed in PR. Once you tell people that it actually matters quite a lot, most of them will take a look. And that's all it needs. Just to be taken a look at, so you know what kind of information is in there.

[3dAC] MikeDude
Loving PR since 0.2.
MikeDude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 11:09 AM   #24
Neoboy

I wouldn't know where to start if I was 100% new and had to read the manual, certainly wouldn't remember all the buttons and features. It really is up to the more experienced people to help educate the best they can, otherwise this game will simply die off without new blood.
Neoboy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 10:48 PM   #25
Tackleberry86
Supporting Member

I have to tell you guys....

I feel absolutely the same as the thread creator. The community has changed big time. Pre 1.3 it was like 3 out of 5 games you had a good squadleader, nowadays it's more 1 out of 5 or even less. I was forced to do the squadlead since 1.3 more than in 6 years of pr, because there were simply no squads.

Something is just different from the gameplay back in the days... the whole mentality has changed. To me it's like to win is the primary objective , but more and more guys are just wanking to their k/D ratio which makes me really sad

The thing is : it's not getting better nor worse...

I am almost 100% sure that squad is going to be infested with bf,cod,cs players which will eventually result in a drop of pr players that are willing to play squad.

P.S I never read a single word from the manual....

I don't want to offend anyone by this comment, that's just the way I think

- Tack
Tackleberry86 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 01:38 AM   #26
CivilLetsPlays

Send a message via Skype™ to CivilLetsPlays

I agree that there are some trolls who come into the game and somewhat ruin the experience for others, but at the same time I feel we are getting more players now who have started to show interest in the game and want to play it the right way. We just need to be more welcoming to the new players and teach them and show them the ropes and how to play the game. Not everyone is going to be a perfect match for PR but hopefully most people will use teamwork and play with the team.
CivilLetsPlays is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bad, experience