project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front
23 Nov 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Tales from the Front Share your in-game experiences playing PR:BF2.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2015, 08:39 AM   #11
BigBang

Send a message via ICQ to BigBang
Default Re: Bad experience after 1.3

good point this is what I always forgot Shame on me. I'm playing soo long and always I forget it

BigBang is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 06:41 PM   #12
Rezza
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Rezza Send a message via Skype™ to Rezza

We kind of need admins more than ever now. Servers should take experienced veterans and community members who are trustworthy and enroll them in a volunteer admin program for servers that don't have enough dedicated admins.

Rezza is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 06:39 AM   #13
cribbaaa

Admins and experienced players need to control the flow of the game; guide the newbies and report bad behavior.. make sure there are no "FREE KITS" squads or players without microphones.

Sadly, it seems like many of the servers that saw a sudden increase in popularity aren't managed well at all, especially the American ones.

cribbaaa is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:50 AM   #14
MikeDude

Stop making these shitty useless threads. Holy shit.
Play the game, teach people and have fun.
If you don't have fun, leave. I'm sick of people bitching about all the new players. Be happy, ffs.
If one server has no admins and it's shit, join another server.

Not everything can be lollipops and rainbows all the time, so is life. Deal with it and make the best of it.

[3dAC] MikeDude
Loving PR since 0.2.
MikeDude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:56 AM   #15
cribbaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeDude View Post
If one server has no admins and it's shit, join another server.
Everyone who has played the game for a while knows when to find another server, problem is when newbies who join a random one and get treated with a less than optimal PR experience.

Of course we want a bigger playerbase, but funneling newbies in to the right channels is trickier because they don't know how the game is "supposed to be played" in the first place.

cribbaaa is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 03:00 PM   #16
Strategos

Quote:
Originally Posted by cribbaaa View Post
Everyone who has played the game for a while knows when to find another server, problem is when newbies who join a random one and get treated with a less than optimal PR experience.

Of course we want a bigger playerbase, but funneling newbies in to the right channels is trickier because they don't know how the game is "supposed to be played" in the first place.
Exactly. It's about showing new players what PR is actually about. That's why I feel like some of these new servers are actually doing more harm than good by painting a very negative image of PR. The fact of the matter is: PR is one of those games where good administration is essential to the gameplay experience. I think a large part of the slight decline in player numbers since 1.3 release can definitely be attributed to bad server experiences.

But it's not too late to turn the wheel around. I think the devs should enforce the server quality standards more strictly. Maybe it would be a good idea to create a thread where you can report bad experiences on servers. If enough people report a server, the devs or other trusted members of this board could then play a few rounds on the servers in question to see if the complaints have any merit to them. Repeat offenders could even be threatened with losing their server files license. This would definitely encourage server owners to work on better administration.

Strategos is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 05:10 PM   #17
matty1053

Quote:
Originally Posted by crokojot View Post
....So imagine "Squad" with bunch of COD,Bf3,4,5 or Duke Nukem players....
Mark my words.... when jackfrags posted that video of squad, it will attract those people you list of. Mark my words....

But on topic, I just joined a server (Not gonna list name of server... first time in 1.3) and literally... this guy was blowing up all of the choppers for zero reason. I decided to leave since I wasn't in the mood to put up with that behavior. I'll try to get online later probably and see if it's any better. If not, I'll wait another week or two and try. (Since usually that is when the people trying it out and destroying your team vehicles tend to leave).

DETROIT TIGERS
matty1053 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 04:31 AM   #18
[R-DEV]Arab
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

The patch (1.3.1) added admin commands that take player ID instead of name and fixes being unable to ban players because since 1.3 admins are only able to temp-ban players.
Last edited by [R-DEV]Arab; 06-16-2015 at 06:53 AM..
Old 06-19-2015, 07:44 AM   #19
Neoboy

For all this talk of old and experienced gamers I have seen very few people actually step up to the plate and lead effectively.
Neoboy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 08:48 AM   #20
DesmoLocke
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to DesmoLocke Send a message via Skype™ to DesmoLocke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoboy View Post
For all this talk of old and experienced gamers I have seen very few people actually step up to the plate and lead effectively.
Just have to be on at the right times I guess. I've seen a lot of old timers leading multiple squads. Just the other day I saw dbzao, Portable.Cougar, and Spriggan leading a 3 squad platoon very effectively.

I myself have had a few great rounds leading some of the new players. As long as they have a mic and are willing to learn the game, they usually do pretty well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesmoLocke View Post
I would like to thank the members of my ENG MIC INF squad from a couple of days ago.

I forgot what roles you filled, but you all listened and followed orders and directions very well. I think 2 or 3 of you were fairly new to PR which didn't stop us from being the top squad! The 40 person assault on the air tower on Saaremaa was amazing! Great use of the grappling hook JekisCool! And a big thanks to sciddles and Leaded for being the medics. I hope to run into you guys again soon!

PR player since 0.5 (Feb 2007)
DesmoLocke is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bad, experience