project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front
23 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Tales from the Front Share your in-game experiences playing PR:BF2.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2012, 02:05 AM   #11
ShockUnitBlack

Default Re: Never firing a shot?

Played a round of Quinling C&C where I never fired a shot and never, if my memory serves me, had one fired at me. Memorable in a good way for that very reason - that fact that sort of round can happen sets PR aside from so many other games.
ShockUnitBlack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:47 AM   #12
Stealth Clobber

I'm sure I've had plenty of no-shot rounds, but I can't think of any infantry ones. Especially medic, I feel that not shooting as a medic is denying a valuable rifle from your squad, even if I try my hardest to keep myself alive.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stealth Clobber is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:55 PM   #13
Cedkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockUnitBlack View Post
Played a round of Quinling C&C where I never fired a shot and never, if my memory serves me, had one fired at me. Memorable in a good way for that very reason - that fact that sort of round can happen sets PR aside from so many other games.
My thoughts exactly. I wasn't bored at all either during my round, because we were doing something that mattered and weren't just wandering around aimlessly or something. I find it at times much more realistic too if I'm not constantly shooting my gun (not that I mind that or anything ), but only firing when I absolutely need to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodrigoma View Post
i was in that round of pavlosk bay in an aav , it was the one of the best teams and best rounds in terms of teamwork I have experienced in PR
It was one of the best I've ever experienced as well, definitely going down as one of my favorite rounds. If I'm not mistaken too, I think you guys (the AAV's) experienced the little fighting that there was that match at the bridge, right? I know the infantry squads faced a counterattack at the communications flag towards the end, but we were able to knock it down pretty fast.
Cedkin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:08 PM   #14
CopyCat

Didn't fire a shot during campaign in PRT (9) - The map was Muttrah City and teams playing NATO/CATA. I was in the defensive platoon at that time (Tigers platoon) and my job was to hold a staircase of a T shaped building, and NATO as usually never attacked so I spent nearly 2 hours watching the same staircase, I remember I counted every step on those stairs and every brick on the walls...

2nd of same Campaign during battle of Fallujah West again didn't fire a single shot tho got about 5 Marines on grenade traps and a LAV on vehicle mine, funny part was that there was a full convoy with logistics and humvees, the LAV managed to drive over first mine and started burning, so the crews reaction were full reverse to nearest logistics truck, but got caught on my 2nd mine ^^.

/CC
CopyCat is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:55 PM   #15
billysmall44

Send a message via Skype™ to billysmall44

I prefer the rounds were I never get shot at and never shoot, compared to the ones when I'm constantly getting shot at and constantly dying.
billysmall44 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:24 PM   #16
ghosti3z

Yeah I think I ran threw a game or two with out fireing or spoting anybody.
"Rush'n north as US GOOD GAME!"
The Tail End of the game, late join,
I was trying to keep up with the squadies as they rushed north on the Mutt map,
I was about 2 o R 3 squares south west heading north hearing enemy spotted and rush
to support though two squares behind, didnt make it to the fire spot in time.

ghosti3z is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 01:03 AM   #17
saXoni
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockUnitBlack View Post
You had me at Qinling.
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
firing, shot