project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Official PR Tournament News
23 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Official PR Tournament News Official Project Reality Tournament news releases and announcements.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2011, 04:50 PM   #1
[R-DEV]prbot
PR DevBot - Do not send PM's
Supporting Member

Arrow C9: End of the Campaign

Dear Community Members,

It is with a final bang that we end the current campaign, and what a campaign it has been.

Firstly, thank you to all players who have participated, without you, for obvious reasons, the PRT would not exist in its current form, so thank you.

C9 has been filled with ups and downs, but overall, as an Administration, we feel it has been a successful campaign, which has actually been hugely improved on many issues which have plagued the campaigns of old. Servers have been top notch, and a huge thank you must go to [T-CON]Wicca and [R-ADM]Wilkinson, who contribute and set them up respectively, whilst also a huge thank you to Tirak, who as soon as he came onto the [T-BDA] Team has been an excellent Battleday Admin, to be promoted to Lead Battleday Admin. He has stepped up and provided an excellent role model for any aspiring [T-BDA]s, which I've heard he just might be looking for!

However, the Administration fully accept that Campaign 9 has not been without faults. Glaring issues with the current rules which really just weren't as up to date for the current version of Project Reality. Despite this, we feel that we have tried our very best and always tried for the best outcome for the PRT as a whole. Whether you agree with this or not, Campaign 10 (or CX as we like to call it) will have fully up-to-date rules and many other problems which you have shown us in the PRT Survey, will also be fixed.

It is with sadness that we announce the end of Campaign 9, and potentially a lengthy gap until Campaign 10. Nevertheless, we feel that with this break, we can re-asses the situation of the PRT and we can definitively reveal that Campaign 10 will be a very different affair from Campaign 10.

With all this in mind, it is time to announce the winners of Campaign 9, which by a huge margin is CATA. At the beginning of the Campaign, we assigned a point scoring system with:
  • 2 points for a win
  • 1 point for a draw
  • 0 points for a lose
Hence, here is the scoreboard for the end of the campaign:

For those that struggle to count, this puts:
CATA 32 - 8 NATO

A huge applause needed for CATA, who proved to be too much for NATO on too many occasions, but NATO were definitely not without their few victories. Congratulations to Orthas and Bonsai, two Commanders who have proved themselves extremely adequate in the battlefield. Commiserations go to P*Funk and AgentMongoose, again both able and very willing for their teams.

To conclude, thank you all for participating, it has been a pleasure. The current time frame is to run Campaign 10 at the beginning of Autumn, but with a Mini-campaign before it, to test ideas for Campaign 10 and to ensure the best possible experience.

Stay tuned over the summer!

More...
Old 03-31-2011, 10:43 AM   #2
cyberzomby

Default Re: C9: End of the Campaign

If you wait to long you'll have a new version of PR with yet again: Old rules
Old 03-31-2011, 02:58 PM   #3
=]H[= Apollo
PR Server License Moderator

Awesome work gentleman

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 04-11-2011, 02:17 AM   #4
Huey

when is the next tourny going to be?

Travel Hard
Old 04-11-2011, 04:34 AM   #5
MaxBooZe
Project Reality Beta Tester

Send a message via Skype™ to MaxBooZe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huey View Post
when is the next tourny going to be?
I'm pretty sure at the bottom of the post it says:
Beginning of Autumn

Old 06-28-2011, 01:27 PM   #6
Stemplus

eh... what i pitty that i won't be able to play the tournament because if every tournament start at 20.00 prt time then it will be middle of the night in my time zone
Old 06-28-2011, 02:41 PM   #7
Aquiller
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Aquiller

Do you live in Poland? If yes, then PRT equals GMT, so the battles will start at 21:00 (GMT+1).
Old 06-28-2011, 03:30 PM   #8
Stemplus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquiller View Post
Do you live in Poland? If yes, then PRT equals GMT, so the battles will start at 21:00 (GMT+1).
Well, they won't because Poland is in the +1:00 Time Zone, but if i live in the middle of the east part, then i can add 40 minutes, and then if you add the tournament time, it will end on on the midnight. Ow and i have a question. Do the tournament campaings allways start at the same hours?
Old 06-28-2011, 07:11 PM   #9
Agemman

Always 20PRT.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:06 PM   #10
Web_cole

Send a message via MSN to Web_cole Send a message via Skype™ to Web_cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemplus View Post
Well, they won't because Poland is in the +1:00 Time Zone, but if i live in the middle of the east part, then i can add 40 minutes
That's not really how time zones work, if your on GMT +1 tournament matches should start at 9 o'clock for you.

For Aiur
Closed Thread