project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Official PR Tournament News
20 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Official PR Tournament News Official Project Reality Tournament news releases and announcements.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2011, 11:35 PM   #41
Absolute Killer

Default Re: Campaign 10 Preview #1

really...wtf...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[3dAC] AK
Old 09-30-2011, 02:39 AM   #42
cyberzomby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirak View Post
I'm so totally heart broken. Murphy is disappointed in me, call the presses, someone, we have to set this right. Let's restart the tourney! I know it isn't ready and the problems that he doesn't understand still exist but I can't take his disappointed stare!
Oh no! Now theres E-Drama on this forum! Starting to feel like a tourney after all Please take your e-drama with you to the prt forums. k, thx bye!
Old 09-30-2011, 04:25 AM   #43
Web_cole
PR Server License Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Web_cole Send a message via Skype™ to Web_cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Gaz View Post
C10 was designed to get away from the usual e-drama.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirak View Post
I'm so totally heart broken. Murphy is disappointed in me, call the presses, someone, we have to set this right. Let's restart the tourney! I know it isn't ready and the problems that he doesn't understand still exist but I can't take his disappointed stare!
I think I see where the problem might have been

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
For Aiur
Old 09-30-2011, 04:25 AM   #44
AgentMongoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchverr View Post
At first i lolled, but then i was sad :< was hoping to be a commander and to run a good fun team, oh well :<
Mitch didn't you get the memo? the PRT stopped doing "fun teams" some time around the end of c7.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:52 AM   #45
Robbi
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Robbi Send a message via Skype™ to Robbi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Web_cole View Post
I think I see where the problem might have been
I lol'd

Old 09-30-2011, 11:38 AM   #46
StatusRed

Ragequit?

Old 09-30-2011, 11:39 AM   #47
[R-MOD]Jigsaw
Forum Moderator

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end... "
Old 09-30-2011, 12:36 PM   #48
Tirak

*Sigh*

The problem was we hadn't finished writing up all the rules, we had most of the framework down but there was still work to be done on ancillary things. None of it was in a final presentable format, it either had convoluted language or hadn't been summarized and prepared for publication.

The other problem was that there were only 3 active admins, one of whom wasn't able to be active very much due to RL issues and the other two needed his permission to enact policy.

The COs were a rehash for the most part of the stratification presented in earlier campaigns, we were having to make do with the same old and management wasn't happy about it.

Then there was the NDA breach, which led to the removal of 1 of the 3 admins who happened to be working on a fairly important bit of the rules, namely the No Go Zones.

Because of this, that meant there was essentially 1 red tag left, that red tag took a look at what had been accomplished, what needed to be accomplished and how much free time he had and made the determination that if he tried to push through anyway, it would fall apart ala the World Cup. Since this Admin had worked damned hard to keep the tourney going in the past and wasn't about to have something he worked so hard on be disgraced in such a fashion, he determined, with management's concurrence, that it would be better to shut the whole thing down while the PRT still had some dignity so that PRT: ArmA could be launched without stigma.

Is that more of the response you were looking for? This wasn't a simple "Oh we don't have enough staff", because a red tag isn't like a player, they need to be trustworthy, they need to be organized and they need to put a shit ton of work and time into this tourney. Finding those dedicated people in any reasonable amount of time wasn't going to happen.

And before you idiots say "Oh, I'd do that no problem!" No you fucking wouldn't, I know because of the dedicated admins we had to start this thing, almost all of them left, and this isn't like a PRT officer posting where you can get by on minimum activity or just hang out, it's almost another job on top of everything else you do in real life. Trust is the other issue and to be frank, finding people we trust to give the access to things like the PRT is HARD. The fact that one of our Admins breached NDA makes that even HARDER!

Old 09-30-2011, 12:42 PM   #49
splatters

Old 09-30-2011, 12:50 PM   #50
Scot
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Scot

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatters View Post
Lol, funnily enough, that is very similar to the logo that CX had

Closed Thread